closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone after a new BLNR or used SD4000 in the North West?

Master

Anyone after a new BLNR or used SD4000 in the North West?

If so, Prestons of Wilmslow have a brand new BLNR in stock @£5950 and a used 2014 SD4000 @ £5995.

No affiliation, just passing on the info in case anyone is looking.

I'd like them even better if they were much cheaper :(

Not that they aren't the going rate.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like them even better if they were much cheaper :(

Not that they aren't the going rate.
    It's just a matter of time...

Thanks but both prices seem on the high side, I've seen used SD4000 cheaper.

Master
    How can the BLNR be priced high, it's a new watch at a Rolex AD and it's the list price????

The SD I thought was fair-ish for a dealer.

They used price is good for an AD - it's bang on the money for any of the pre-owned Rolex sellers. If you want private prices you have to buy private, with all the risks etc that that entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They used price is good for an AD - it's bang on the money for any of the pre-owned Rolex sellers.
    Maybe but is there any advantage to buying a used SD from an AD, all of the 2014 SD will be covered by Rolex International warranty won't they? Comment based on the fact AK have a 2014 116600 at the same price as the name of the first Sammy Hagar Van Halen album.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    How can the BLNR be priced high, it's a new watch at a Rolex AD and it's the list price????
    Ok, it was a "if you want a new one and finding it difficult to source" post, I did say thanks!

Journeyman
    The last few times i've been to leonard dews in blackpool, theyve had a BLNR in the window

Master
    Isn't this the same chain of ADs that insisted they had to hold onto a potential customer's brand new Rolex warranty card for 6 months; effectively holding them to ransom, to prevent reselling at the request of Geneva?!?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Isn't this the same chain of ADs that insisted they had to hold onto a potential customer's brand new Rolex warranty card for 6 months; effectively holding them to ransom, to prevent reselling at the request of Geneva?!?!
    I don't think so. I bought my BLNR there in January and that didn't happen to me. I think some dealers in the US do that though?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by christech81 View Post
    Maybe but is there any advantage to buying a used SD from an AD, all of the 2014 SD will be covered by Rolex International warranty won't they? Comment based on the fact AK have a 2014 116600 at the same price as the name of the first Sammy Hagar Van Halen album.
    £5150 is VERY cheap for an SD4000. Suspiciously so.

An advantage to buying from a Rolex dealer is that the watch will have been checked with the lost and stolen register......

An advantage to buying from a Rolex dealer is that the watch will have been checked with the lost and stolen register......
    If buying from a dealer and the watch turned out to be lost or stolen I'd expect them to reimburse you if they are reputable and serious about their business, condition is marked as 2-fine, whatever that means.

AK send their Rolex watches to RSC and supply them with the Rolex 2 year International Warranty, some of the Vintage models I think get sent to an independent.

Apologies for the rubbish tenuous price link!
    Last edited by christech81; 5th July 2015 at 16:37.

Sorry, who are AK?

Sorry for abbreviating, Austin Kaye.

Master

I suspect that's a typo on their website as it's so much cheaper than anywhere else. I wouldn't doubt it's a genuine one as Austin Kaye have been known to send watches to Rolex for a service presale if it's a loose watch (to authenticate it and provide extra value).

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    Austin Kaye have been known to send watches to Rolex for a service presale
    Hi Ant,

Also listed on Chrono24. I think AK changed their Rolex sales policy a couple of years ago, all of the Rolex watches not in warranty are sent for service, bought two fully serviced vintage Rolex from them, neither were cheap to service! They either took a hit or bought at rock bottom prices.

No affiliation with them either incase anyone is wondering, I spend a bit of time before bed looking at around six or seven well known pre-owned watch sites looking for fresh blood!

Check this out then.

Schiphol airport an hour ago, brand new white Daytona........£6200. If only I had smaller wrists

Master
    I don't think so. I bought my BLNR there in January and that didn't happen to me. I think some dealers in the US do that though?
    I'm afraid it is, see here...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    I'm afraid it is, see here...
    So it was! Bizarre behaviour that...