closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Suggest your price without obligation?

Suggest your price without obligation?

You sometimes see the above, or similar, in adverts (e.g. by Montredo). One wonders if this is just a way to get one through the door (as it were), though I suppose one might get a result with slow-moving stock.

Has anybody tried to do so and, if so, what happened?

Master
    Yes, I offered Montredo about 30% less than the price of a watch at about £1700. The watch is good value at the original price tbh and I keep having a look as I do really like it. Anyway I thought I'd have a cheeky shot at the discount.

They emailed me back to say they couldn't do the lowball price I had put in but they sent me a voucher for £7.95 against the same watch. I'm still smiling about it now. It was all very polite and has not put me off them at all.

mind you Hang Up gallery has the same offer scheme and I made an offer on a Banksy they had and I don't think they even replied.

Quote Originally Posted by BRGS View Post
    Yes, I offered Montredo about 30% less than the price of a watch at about £1700. The watch is good value at the original price tbh and I keep having a look as I do really like it. Anyway I thought I'd have a cheeky shot at the discount.

They emailed me back to say they couldn't do the lowball price I had put in but they sent me a voucher for £7.95 against the same watch. I'm still smiling about it now. It was all very polite and has not put me off them at all.

mind you Hang Up gallery has the same offer scheme and I made an offer on a Banksy they had and I don't think they even replied.
    Yes, rather as expected. Still, I have been quite impressed by their replies to comments on threads relating to them at several forums (fora?). A very dry Germanic sense of humour seems apparent!