closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My new Sinn EZM-3F

Master

My new Sinn EZM-3F

I just got my new EZM3F directly from Sinn Frankfurt and really like it....

I like that it is all bead blasted, small, no nonsense dial, simple hands, accurate solid movement with special lube, Ar filling, magnetic resistance and the fact that I could wear it everywhere without feeling like a tw**.

There are a couple of things I dont like...the outer A/R scratches REALLY easily. already have a lot of micro scratches on the outer layer. I also dont like the fact that the middle end link does NOT pivot on the spring bar. I find this really adds comfort on my small wrist.

So I went one better and ordered hollow end links for an EZM3 from Sinn. A problem though. The 'Massiv' bracelet does not fit them. How do you go around this? Can I buy a standard bracelet from Sinn?

Photos below unashamedly 'borrowed' to highlight my point...

My bracelet looks like this...

How I want my bracelet to look like...

My bracelet is like the one on the right...

Master
    Suggest you get it off the bracelet :)

One of eddies NATO deployants.

Not had any scratches on the sapphire and its treated like a beater.

I've read about easily scratched AR on Sinn watches but my U1 has been worn virtually daily for a year and doesn't have a mark - very odd

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I've read about easily scratched AR on Sinn watches but my U1 has been worn virtually daily for a year and doesn't have a mark - very odd
    I dont think my 'old' 203 got any after months of wear...very strange...could be different batches or materials used

Craftsman
    Ditto my Sinn U1. Worn daily. Worn for gardening, cycling and mechanical stuff.... No marks. Do you live in a hard water area? Could they be reside from hard water on the crystal?

I have the massivarmband for my EZM1, I think it is very comfy (and all the better for the solid endlinks). Slightly skinnier springbars can give a little play in the link.

An awful lot of Sinn's used to be bought with the outer AR removed (to avoid the AR damage and otherwise oily appearance). Others have successfully removed the outer AR, I think toothpaste was used, but you'd better check that before you go ahead.

D

Master
    Nice watch!! How do you purchase from Sinn Frankfurt directly? You contacted the boutique?

Craftsman
    I think the 144 comes with internal AR only, this might be the case with others.

Out of interest what is your wrist size? I'm considering a Sinn on a bracelet but I usually have trouble with bracelet sizing, probably more down to wrist shape though.

Sorry about the niggles, but nice watch.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Great watch and very comfortable on the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Nice watch!! How do you purchase from Sinn Frankfurt directly? You contacted the boutique?
    Sinn do not have any Sales Partners (dealers) in Malta and so it's direct sales only...according to their website: link.

Craftsman
    Perhaps try the fit and lesser weight of the Sinn strap (in black)?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Sinn do not have any Sales Partners (dealers) in Malta and so it's direct sales only...according to their website: link.
    Ah ok makes sense. I wish I can buy directly also with the weak Euro, the GBP prices are crazy high.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Ah ok makes sense. I wish I can buy directly also with the weak Euro, the GBP prices are crazy high.
    Are they? You might save around £100 by buying from www.classic-watch.de, but you'll need to add on €50 for shipping.

Journeyman
    The ill fitting bracelet has always been the reason stopping me buying an EZM3.

The EZM1 I could make an exception for.

Sorry to butt in to the thread but does anyone know if any of the current bracelets will fit the EZM2's?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Are they? You might save around £100 by buying from www.classic-watch.de, but you'll need to add on €50 for shipping.
    With current prices I could save £200 on the price of a Sinn UX, thanks for posting the link.
    Last edited by bobajob; 9th July 2015 at 10:47. Reason: typo

As regards the OP's bracelet problem; might he want the 556 bracelet (see link). Can anyone confirm that's a solid end link pictured in the link, please?

I ask as there are these two bracelets on offer from P&C, both of which say they have SELs: bead blasted and satin. Only one of those mentions the 556, but it also mentions the 356 F and so, presumably, differs only in finish from the other that mentions the standard 356. If both fit the 356 (and 556) either should fit the EZM 3 that also gets a mention. Before committing, I'd ask P&C