closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amateur strapmakers - want some leather? Big Reduction

Amateur strapmakers - want some leather? Big Reduction

Hi Guys
    This is the deal:
    Three months ago I was given an Elton John Tour Crew Jacket from 1982 with the explicit instruction to dismember it and use it for strapmaking, the proviso being that the generous donor receives a couple of straps out of it.
    I have been quite rightly taken to task for my tardy progression of this deal, and so am offering the remains of the jacket to two amateur strapmakers. The postage will be paid by myself (UK only please) and the deal is that you each furbish the original donor with a strap.
    The first two applicants to PM me their postage address will have the leather sent out early next week. I will email them a photograph of the jacket in its original condition (modelled by my lovely Julia Roberts lookalike neighbour, very decorously) and contact details for the original donor for you to ask about his requirements for his f.o.c. strap which you will post at your cost, and hopefully a lot sooner that three months hence!
    The leather is supple, between 0.8 & 1mm thick, and varies in colour from the main colour of light but distressed beige to a manly pinkish hue. Should you be a fan (like myself) of suede straps, the reverse is a lovely mid-camel beige.
    You can request Package 1: NOW SPOKEN FOR

or Package 2:

and, just to show the lovely beige suede:

Over to you.
    Last edited by unclealec; 26th November 2015 at 13:40. Reason: devious plot afoot

Master
    What a bizarre thing to do and I don't mean that in a negative way. I can't guess what this jacket would be worth intact to an Elton John fan but love the idea someone wants a couple of watch straps made from it instead! Hopefully the maker can put a couple of pics in this thread so we can see the results

Master
    Funnily enough I have a 20 year old (but like brand new) leather rucksack I was thinking of doing the same thing with...

I'll get some pictures up later.

Master
    sod the jacket! can you put a pic up of your Julia Roberts type neighbour? What's she wearing just the jacket???

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    sod the jacket! can you put a pic up of your Julia Roberts type neighbour? What's she wearing just the jacket???
    I was expecting that; hence the "very decorously" phrase. She is unattainable, to be worshiped from afar.

Bump with big reduction.

OK, I lied about the big reduction.

All parcelled up and ready to go.

Come on guys, I'm getting jumped on from a great height here for lack of action (have to plead guilty to that one).

Apprentice
    Someone craft something cool

Breaking news: package #1 spoken for by a master of the craft.

Package #2 still up for grabs.

All leather now spoken for.
    Big respect to melhick for that splendid fundraiser effort; another one to come I sense.
    Also similar from me if I ever get my arse in gear.
    Good result.