closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Introducing the Sinn 144 St S Jubilee

Introducing the Sinn 144 St S Jubilee

Introducing the Sinn 144 St S Jubilee

I've always loved the porsche design orfina. I think this is where my love of watches started. For those of you who know it, the watch featured prominently in Top Gun, the watch Tom Cruise (Maverick) wore.

Over the years there have been many copies or homages of this watch. Most of the ones I have seen second hand are battered, with the black coating in a terrible state.

Upon getting into serious watch collecting I of course came across Sinn several years ago, they had a Sinn 144 model in stainless steel (and there have been GMT variations of this) and I am sure you know about the Bell and Ross connections etc which have produced similar watches albeit without Sinn's name on the watch dial.

Anyway - I stumbled across this on a forum once upon a time, and for some reason I decided now was a good a time as any to try and get one. They say these are limited to 300, whether Sinn were true to their word I don't know. This is a 40 year anniversary watch, and as I said, supposedly 300 made. In fact on the display case back are the words “40 Jahre” and “eine von 300” to celebrate. The other great thing that appealed about this watch is the Sinn tech, namely the black hard Coating on a tegiment technology base, and the ar-Dehumidifying technology. I know its a premium product and built to last, and at the end of the day I need it to be hard wearing.

so, how to source one. Neil at Chronomaster has it on his site, but I am pretty sure he doesn't carry the watch in stock and would have to order from Sinn. I know Page and Cooper also list it on their website (but no idea if in stock), but I actually went to Jura (of which W.Hamond is part of), and I emailed them speculatively as they did not have the watch at all on their website. As far as I know they have never stocked this watch, so it was a real shot in the dark. Fortunately the guys at W.Hamond contacted Sinn the same day and (if you believe this?!) they said they had 1 left, so naturally I had to have it. W.Hamond placed the order and it was here in a matter of days (even W.Hamond were surprised, they thought an eta of weeks rather than days). I picked it up on Saturday from Leeds and they sized it all for me and I think they enjoyed seeing one in the flesh for the first time too!

Its well worth Visiting W.Hamond in the Victorian Quarter in Leeds if you get the chance, lots of watches on display, all sorts of non-high st. brands such as Grand Seiko, MeisterSinger, Muhle Glashutte, Sinn, Alpina, Archimede and more established brands Like Oris and Ball.

On to the watch details:

Mechanical Movement
    • Calibre valjoux 7750
    • Self-winding mechanism
    • hand adjustment with stop-
    second function
    • 25 bearing jewels
    • 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
    • Shock-resistant as per Din 8308
    • anti-magnetic as per Din 8309

Functions
    • hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
    • Chronograph
    • Date display
    • Day of the week display
    • tachymeter- and pulsometer scale
    • hands and indices coated with
    luminescent colour

SINN Technologies
    • ar-Dehumidifying technology
    enhances functional reliability and
    freedom from fogging
    • Case made with black hard Coating
    on a teGiment technology basis

Watch Case
    • Stainless steel
    • Sapphire crystal on front,
    anti-reflective
    • transparent back made of
    sapphire crystal, anti-reflective
    • transparent back screw-fastened
    • Crown screwable
    • water-resistant as per Din 8310
    • water-resistant and pressure
    resistant up to 20 bar (= 200 m
    underwater depth)
    • low pressure resistant
    • band lug width 20 mm
    • Case diameter 41 mm

Craftsman
    Brilliant, loved the photo reveal

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Looks stunning to me but I'm biased having owned a Lufthansa Cargo, loved the blue but that black ticks all the boxes too.
    Sounds like you won't be letting it go soon, enjoy it.

Very nice.

I've had a hankering for a 144 for ages, but recently bought a Breil with the same case (a vintage one) and a 7750 movement and it's alleviated the 'want' considerably.

That said, your Sinn is very, very nice.

Enjoy!

M.

I'll have to go to that shop,never been in

Craftsman
    That's lovely!

I recently bought a vintage picard which is very similar. I decided that I needed a bracelet and sapphire so posted a wtb for one.

I was offered exactly your model but a deal was never reached and so I ended up with a titanium porsche design which could very easily be my only watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I recently bought a vintage picard which is very similar. I decided that I needed a bracelet and sapphire so posted a wtb for one.

I was offered exactly your model but a deal was never reached and so I ended up with a titanium porsche design which could very easily be my only watch.

great examples :)

Quote Originally Posted by hicksmat View Post
    great examples :)
    Thanks.

Those black 144s are still very tempting though!

I've not even looked at any new watches since I bought this, but have been looking to thin the collection. Maybe this watch is my retirement from collecting!