closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

Blog Entries

Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

I've got my name down for one of these but so far the wallet has stayed firmly in the pocket. I notice on other forum, typically US centric, that people are or have laid down full deposits for these. Has anyone on this side of the pond been asked to pay for one yet or still at the waiting list stage?

I really want one too but cant bring myself to paying the crazy amount for it

still like the older black dial snoopy better as the case will be a hecka lot slimmer

Master
    Blog Entries
    Really like the idea, but the reclining Snoopy and especially the movie quote are a step too far for me.

Master
    Got first refusal on one when it finally appears at the AD - needs to be seen in the flesh I think...

Craftsman
    on the minus side I think there is too much writing on the dial, and while I like the strap, I'd want a bracelet as well.
    On the plus, I like the white dial, the sleeping snoopy and the case back is very nice.
    And I like the lume...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    on the minus side I think there is too much writing on the dial, and while I like the strap, I'd want a bracelet as well.
    On the plus, I like the white dial, the sleeping snoopy and the case back is very nice.
    And I like the lume...

That lume is lovely. I spent a lot of time trying to convince myself that a Grey Side of the Moon would fit on my wrist just because of the lume.

Master
    The original Snoopy is the only non-standard Speedy Pro that I have bought & kept. I'm trying to reduce the numbers altogether and will likely end up with only two Speedmasters; the Snoopy and a '68 Transition.

Craftsman
    If i had the cash i would jump in from the pictures

From the moment I saw the 2015 Speedmaster Limited Edition Snoopy Award (not official name) I wanted it and contacted Omega and the big four Jewellers straight away to see if they would take a deposit.

What appealed was the white dial with Snoopy and the wonderful Snoopy case back, the other markings and text I can take or leave.

However the more I thought about the watch the less enamoured I became about owning one and when you factor in the special edition price too, well, I'm just not sure it's for me.

There seems to be a lot of interest in this limited edition, I can see some collectors buying to keep in immaculate condition or to sell on later at a nice profit.

Even if my funds were limitless I wouldn't have anything to do with it. The quote looks childish and the lume looks like bits of plastic to me.
    Couple that with the 80s computer game penis at twelve o'clock and Im completely out.
    People were divided over the original though - and Id happily wear one of those - so each to their own I suppose. Its not like its on a leopardskin strap or encrusted needlessly with gemstones. There are far more tasteless watches out there.

Craftsman
    It just looks like its trying too hard for me, Omega need to learn less is often more...

Apprentice
    I love the Speedmaster but if you would have said that it was not genuine I would beleive it as well.
    It will still be sold out quickly I suspect.

Master
    I tried one one yesterday in Berrys' in Leeds as part of the tour it appears to be doing. Apparently only 190 are coming to the UK and all are allocated to dealers. Personally not for me but was quite nice, the strap it was on was a very nice leather backed nylon on a deployant that was engraved not for sale.

Maybe worth checking with your nearest AD if the new model roadshow is coming to town?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thats loveley, I like the blue one too. Whats the rrp on these google isn't playing.

Master
    whats the snoopy got to do with the speedmaster? have seen the original but know nothing about it

Craftsman
    It feels like Omega continue to try too hard with special editions.

It they have a clearer plan about celebrating key dates in space history, with sensitive homages ( not made up movie quotes) and properly limited release quantities, then we might have a better view of their efforts.

I like the idea of the Snoopy connection, it was a childhood love, but I couldn't see me wearing a watch like this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    whats the snoopy got to do with the speedmaster? have seen the original but know nothing about it
    http://www.ablogtowatch.com/omega-sp...edition-watch/

here you go! Basically an award given to Omega in the role they played in safely bringing the Apollo 13 astronauts home safely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post

here you go! Basically an award given to Omega in the role they played in safely bringing the Apollo 13 astronauts home safely.
    nice one thank you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StuS View Post
    I tried one one yesterday in Berrys' in Leeds as part of the tour it appears to be doing. Apparently only 190 are coming to the UK and all are allocated to dealers. Personally not for me but was quite nice, the strap it was on was a very nice leather backed nylon on a deployant that was engraved not for sale.

Maybe worth checking with your nearest AD if the new model roadshow is coming to town?
    Cheers, a tenth of the world's stock is more than I expected the UK to get. So were Berry's selling them or was it a wishlist event?

What's the rrp on this please?

I get the Snoopy connection but think I would tire of all the 'stuff' on the dial.
    I would love a plain white speedy with that lumed bezel and the Snoopy case back.

Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post

This is why I hate this forum, until tonight I had never heard of the watch. After seeing the pictures in that blog I want it!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I get the Snoopy connection but think I would tire of all the 'stuff' on the dial.
    I would love a plain white speedy with that lumed bezel and the Snoopy case back.
    Exactly how I would put it.

Journeyman
    I like the Snoopy in the dial, I like the caseback, but the two bits of text on the face just seem to me like the designers made their 12-year-old kids watch Apollo 13 and then design the watch for them.

It's way beyond my price range - wish I could get one for... Peanuts. Eheh. Heheheh.

Blog Entries
    So, back on topic....has anyone actually put money down for one?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    What's the rrp on this please?
    Best I can find is CHF6100 - which is about £4200

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    €5500 (£4630) is the RRP.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    €5500 (£4630) is the RRP.
    Ouchie that's a little steep, even for a LE
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 12th June 2015 at 10:29.

Banned
    That is a bargain if you ask me, considering the asking price for some other stuff out there...

For the time being my bank balance has been saved as I notice there is no date, something I would miss not having.

I've got one reserved at the local AD.

Master
    Cheers, a tenth of the world's stock is more than I expected the UK to get. So were Berry's selling them or was it a wishlist event?
    I didst ask about the snoopy but they would have taken orders on the other Speedmaster releases.

I may try to get my AD to get hold of one but chances are they may not even be able to get hold of one

Master
    Blog Entries
    Edit: Never mind...
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 12th June 2015 at 12:35.

45 years seems a strange anniversary to celebrate.

Makes me wonder what they have planned for the 50th anniversary Speedmaster?

A faithful re-edition of the first Speedy with Cal.321 would be quite something...

So, back on topic....has anyone actually put money down for one?
    Couple of monkey deposit.

Master
    As much as I am fond of Omega, Speedmasters and even Snoopy, I wouldn't put one of these on my wrist in a million years. OK make that 2 million.

The only character watch I ever owned was the "Timex Hopalong Cassidy" - a true collectable. I was 7 years old and stopped wearing it 4 years later for fear of being laughed at.

Now maybe if Snoopy was painted in Superluminova...................

Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post

I believe that this Snoopy does indeed glow in the dark. Would be sure to impress all your friends at a sleepover!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    As much as I am fond of Omega, Speedmasters and even Snoopy, I wouldn't put one of these on my wrist in a million years. OK make that 2 million.

The only character watch I ever owned was the "Timex Hopalong Cassidy" - a true collectable. I was 7 years old and stopped wearing it 4 years later for fear of being laughed at.

Oops best get that wallet out...

The UK is getting 190? Lucky UK. Thailand is getting 15! And they've all gone.

Couldn't even get my name on the reserve list!!

And I bet they start showing up in sales lists the minute they're released.

Ouchie that's a little steep, even for yet another Limited Edition
    Fixed that for you.

Blog Entries
    I guess we're getting close to launch, anyone had a confirmed date of availability yet?

I've got a self imposed limit on what I'm prepared to pay for a watch these days ... however I really like the 2015 Snoopy Award and was prepared to break the limit so I'd put aside some cash for it but the closer we've got the cooler I've become towards the watch so last week spent the money elsewhere as really, I have enough watches!

Hopefully will become available soon, I'll look forward to seeing pictures from the owners.

Blog Entries
    Well spill the beans, what did you get instead?

Im surprised the subdial hands arnt lumed......

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Im surprised the subdial hands arnt lumed......
    What are you going to time with the chrono in the dark? ;) I'm fine with that decision - most people want the time at a glance and the lume fulfils that brief. I'm not ok with movie quote though - not a good move imo, though some have said it's not that noticeable. I'm not overkeen on the reclining Snoopy either but that isn't a dealbreaker.

Looks like I'll be waiting a little longer for Omega to release that lume treatment in another watch. The Grey Side is too big and the text on this one lands it just on the wrong side of my "buy" mark.

What are you going to time with the chrono in the dark? ;)
    The burn on your lunar module rockets... duh!!!!

M.

I just think it would look nice.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Well spill the beans, what did you get instead?
    Nothing exciting I'm afraid, furniture and ... a new Macbook Pro which I love but it is expensive, I know I'm going to regret not getting a 2015 Snoopy but there is a lot of interest and I'm sure it'll be sold out in no time. Have you reserved one?

Popped into the Omega boutique on Oxford Street to enquire about this watch. They told me that they had only been allowed to take deposits on 6 of them but they could have taken 60! It's a nice looking watch but not without it's flaws (too much writing on the dial for me). I wonder why it's so much in demand?