closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What do the Seikoholics think?

Blog Entries

What do the Seikoholics think?

Should or shouldn't this be done?
    Is it good looking and are the details correct?

For the asking price you get some quite good specs though, but only if you are a member or Spanish I believe.

http://www.clubokies.com/t4875-mas-imagenes-sobre-anko7

http://www.clubokies.com/t4852-anko-...-de-clubokies4

Daddel.
    Last edited by Daddelvirks; 9th June 2015 at 12:40.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I saw one on a FB group. I thought then it's a lovely looking thing. Reminiscent of the MM Limited.
    Gray

really nice looking watch, just dont like either font or the logo, or the caseback. or the hands.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    really nice looking watch, just dont like either font or the logo, or the caseback. or the hands.
    Not much left to like Dave, is there? :)

I think I wouldn't wear it, after looking at it more carefully, I don't think it's a very good hommage.
    But maybe the "real deal" will look better.

Daddel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Not much left to like Dave, is there? :)

I think I wouldn't wear it, after looking at it more carefully, I don't think it's a very good hommage.
    But maybe the "real deal" will look better.

Daddel.
    thats right, its very hard to gauge what the finish , build quality , quality of components and overall feel of the piece will be from these mock ups. by the way, i just had a very disappointing belgian waffle experience. I'm going to stick to my stroopwaffels from now on.

Blog Entries
    thats right, its very hard to gauge what the finish , build quality , quality of components and overall feel of the piece will be from these mock ups. by the way, i just had a very disappointing belgian waffle experience. I'm going to stick to my stroopwaffels from now on .
    Good man, you know it makes sense..........

Daddel.

I heard a rumour they eat peaches with mashed potato in Belgium, can you confirm ?

I think they are getting a bit carried away with the homage thing. After all the MM300 is still readily available. For the same price, a Sumo would be the more authentic choice.

Blog Entries
    I heard a rumour they eat peaches with mashed potato in Belgium, can you confirm ?
    They do over here, but I don't know if it's originally from Belgium................

They also eat "waterrabbit" which is in fact a rat, and which tastes in fact quite good.

Daddel.

Master
    It's utterly dreadful mate, sorry.

Not a Seikoholic as such but will chime in.
    I like it as I was bound to- one of my favorite dive watches ever and one of my favorite micro brand maker coming together. How can I not like it?
    Since it is Crepas one can rest assured quality will be excellent.

Master
    Pretty shameful copy.

I can understand Homage watches if the model is no longer made or historical, but i've no time for blatant copying of current models from other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Pretty shameful copy.

I can understand Homage watches if the model is no longer made or historical, but i've no time for blatant copying of current models from other companies.
    I hear this often but have never seen a rational explanation of this ' double standard'.
    A homage/copy is a copy whether old or new or whether the original is in production or not.
    Seems like a poorly thought out response to justify a poorly thought out stand.

Just because the original is expensive or rare, it doesn't change anything or make a homage more legit.
    Am personally not against homages but I find the hypocrisy galling.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 9th June 2015 at 20:29.

Blog Entries
    Nice homage (assuming the build quality is there). No money right now but that's something I'd be willing to buy. Dislike the cheesy font for the name on the dial, though.

Overall I think I'd take the risk on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dschaen81 View Post
    I think they are getting a bit carried away with the homage thing. After all the MM300 is still readily available. For the same price, a Sumo would be the more authentic choice.
    To get an MM with the goldy bits is going to cost you a thousand bucks more than a regular one. This presents an alternative .

Quote Originally Posted by dschaen81 View Post
    For the same price you can get a Sumo or ten G-shocks.
    What's the point. Not comparable in any way.

Tactico make good watches.
    I've signed up already, spotted it a few days ago.
    To be fair to them, this is aimed at being an hommage to the 6159-7001, which is rare, historical and discontinued.
    It is not a copy of the current MM (which you could say is itself is an in-house hommage to the 6159-7001)
    Hence the rectangular indices from even earlier 150m models and simple hand shape.
    So not really a copy of a current model at all.

I personally like the dial (sunburst grain) and the general styling, the 1000m WR, double domed sapphire, sapphire bezel and other specifications for under €500 are a winner, especially as Crepas / tactico make very sell executed watches.
    I would prefer less dial script (these details are being decided) as well as a Seiko style double dot second hand, again distinctly possible.
    I'll keep everyone posted how it gets along.
    Dave
    Last edited by sweets; 9th June 2015 at 21:11.

Very true.
    A homage to 6159-7001 even if MM 300 is a homage or re-issue of 6159-7001.
    The original is a cracker.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 9th June 2015 at 21:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I hear this often but have never seen a rational explanation of this ' double standard'.
    A homage/copy is a copy whether old or new or whether the original is in production or not.
    Seems like a poorly thought out response to justify a poorly thought out stand.

Just because the original is expensive or rare, it doesn't change anything or make a homage more legit.
    Am personally not against homages but I find the hypocrisy galling.

The watch that Crepas have copied is a LE MM300 that was only released 6 months ago and fresh on the market. I have serious problems with this, no rational reason, I just don't like it. They're legally entitled to do it, but it just isn't right in my eyes

Using another example, MKii and their homage line of Nassau/Kingston = Rolex 6538 and more recently the Pan Am GMT I have less concerns with as these models are long gone. However when I say less concerns I still mean I personally wouldn't buy it but understand why some do

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    The watch that Crepas have copied is a LE MM300 that was only released 6 months ago and fresh on the market. I have serious problems with this, no rational reason, I just don't like it. They're legally entitled to do it, o
    Well,it has been pointed out that it is a homage to 6159-7001 and not SBDX012.
    Crepas has in the past made homages to several historical watches and are not in business of ripping off existing models.
    Regardless, even if it were a copy of an existing watch your argument doesn't make sense.

It is not a copy of the MM300 - LE or not.

It is most definitely a copy of the Seiko 6159-7001, in terms of case, crown position and colouring (gilt base).
    However, the dial and hands are directly from the Seiko 62MAS-010, a much earlier diver. Regctangular indicers, simple linear hands with folded edges - which are nothing like any MM300
    And you don't have to just believe me.
    Read this, a short article in the project folder by the project administrator showing the models that inspired the design. All from the 1960s and just as long gone as the Pan Am GMT you mention.

D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    To be fair to them, this is aimed at being an hommage to the 6159-7001, which is rare, historical and discontinued.
    It is not a copy of the current MM (which you could say is itself is an in-house hommage to the 6159-7001)
    Hence the rectangular indices from even earlier 150m models and simple hand shape.

I personally like the dial (sunburst grain) and the general styling, the 1000m WR, double domed sapphire, sapphire bezel and other specifications for under €500 are a winner, especially as Crepas / tactico make very sell executed watches.
    I would prefer less dial script (these details are being decided) as well as a Seiko style double dot second hand, again distinctly possible.
    I'll keep everyone posted how it gets along.
    Dave
    Good to hear someone has taken the plunge, I'm really curious how it will work out.

Any idea about a release date?

Daddel.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    That's interesting - a bit like Tudor's own Black Bay then, which is an interesting collection of bits of their past all wrapped up in a case that's just slightly too large :).

This new project looks like it'll be quite iconic, but I would change the dial typeface; if that's the production intention, it's not very attractive.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Just keeping this up to date.
    I have paid a deposit, and the current design renders look like this

I think there are 300 numbers up for grabs, and about 123 of them are individually spoken for. Others will be used by those who are not fussy what number they have. Not all are taken, and not all need to be filled for the project to go ahead. Purchase is open by registering through Clubokies or Tactico.
    Prior to summer holidays, details were being voted on as they are required to be.
    So the dial script has been reduced in size and quantity, top and bottom. A more "in-keeping" second hand has been adopted, and a few other things too.
    I did a design for the caseback, but another one was voted for instead.
    I think I am right that a prototype is to be produced with the initial funds, final details agreed, second payment, manfacture and final payment for delivery.
    The Clubokies members are voting on the details, the Tactico customers who are not members have no say on these changes.
    All going nice and slowly now that mainland Europe is stil on holiday....

D
    Last edited by sweets; 5th December 2015 at 11:14.