closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Importing a vintage motorcycle from the EU

Importing a vintage motorcycle from the EU

Looking at a 50yr old motorcycle from the EU. Know nothing of the procedures and possible import duties if applicable. Any advice much appreciated. Comes with original registration docs from country of export. What's the procedures etc from import to UK registration etc? Any experience much appreciated.

No expert on this as such ...bought an A40 Farina 62 at auction but from EU side of Cyprus therefore we paid no duty as it is within Euro free trade zone and all that .... straightforward really..

if you have the original country logbook normal course would be you must get MOT first or you can't register it...

can do via engine and chassis number at local garage ..then take to nearest DVLA office (if any still open anywhere) for vehicle inspection if they tell you to...

complications are now if pre 1960 no MOT needed otherwise they will then issue you with new age related reg and red log book....

My 68 cafe racer was us import and I just got age related plate but was imported back in 74 ...good luck...
    Last edited by lordloz; 29th May 2015 at 23:57.

Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    No expert on this as such ...bought an A40 Farina 62 at auction but from EU side of Cyprus therefore we paid no duty as it is within Euro free trade zone and all that .... straightforward really..

if you have the original country logbook normal course would be you must get MOT first or you can't register it...

can do via engine and chassis number at local garage ..then take to nearest DVLA office (if any still open anywhere) for vehicle inspection if they tell you to...

complications are now if pre 1960 no MOT needed otherwise they will then issue you with new age related reg and red log book....

My 68 cafe racer was us import and I just got age related plate but was imported back in 74 ...good luck...
    Thanks for that. Hopefully should be straighforward!

If you buy it (what is it?),get yourself a dating certificate as this makes the registering process a lot simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by thorpey69 View Post
    If you buy it (what is it?),get yourself a dating certificate as this makes the registering process a lot simpler.
    As thorpey says and depending on the make an owner's club who are recognized by the DVLA, check the list on site usually for about £20 (often the club membership) will date the machine and help authenticate it for registration...

And you have us intrigued now...what is it??