closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: In ear headphones

Master

In ear headphones

Just discovered my old ones have finally died issues with the cables, and with a few trips coming up I need to replace them quickly.
    So am after suggestions for a pair of in ear headphones, preferably sub £50 but could go to about £75 if it was worthwhile.

At that price I doubt a pair of Sennheiser will be bettered....of course IMHO.

I bought my last pair (admittedly after the last pair died) from John Lewis. Price was competitive, and most definitely not one of the fakes that you see on other sites. And some JL back up in the two years so no need to argue with an online retailer.

Both the wife and I have a pair.

We are most definitely not sound geeks, but for the outlay, we are both more than happy.
    Last edited by the.admiral; 28th May 2015 at 19:55. Reason: I clearly cannot spell...

I'd recommend the Soundmagic E10S.

Here's a review from what hifi endorsing them.

Another option to consider. :)

The soundmagics are decent. I just purchased these

Really very good and have great clarity and bass. Depends on what you're after or what suits, but they're highly regarded.

RHA MA350 can not be surpassed at sub £30.00 I have had the same pair for 3 years with daily use.

What Hifi Review here http://www.whathifi.com/rha/ma-350/review

Second the make, for the money RHA are brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgone Accumulator View Post
    RHA MA350 can not be surpassed at sub £30.00 I have had the same pair for 3 years with daily use.

What Hifi Review here http://www.whathifi.com/rha/ma-350/review

Got some jaybird blue buds, Bluetooth to my iPhone and sound good, nicely customisable to fit best, good range also

Master
    It's MA350's that I'm replacing. I looked at the 750's but the price is a bit me to justify.

I'd rather a normal cable as opposed to bluetooth due to limited recharging options.
    Last edited by bloater; 28th May 2015 at 20:34.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I'd recommend the Soundmagic E10S.

Here's a review from what hifi endorsing them.

Another option to consider. :)
    I'll second that! Stunning sound for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    It's MA350's that I'm replacing. I looked at the 750's but the price is a bit me to justify.

I'd rather a normal cable as opposed to bluetooth due to limited recharging options.

Have you tried contacting RHA they give the MA350's a 36 month warranty?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    The soundmagics are decent. I just purchased these

Really very good and have great clarity and bass. Depends on what you're after or what suits, but they're highly regarded.
    I also have just purchased the same headphones the Sony mdr-ex650ap and would recommend them

Master
    I'd considered the warranty route but there demise has been more due to ill treatment on my part that manufacturing defects, so I'd feel wrong making a claim.

Yay the search function is working again

http://forum.tz-uk.com/search.php?searchid=7090118

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eduk View Post
    Second the make, for the money RHA are brilliant.

I agree, I'm using a pair at the moment as I have finally worn out my Shure SE102's

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Got some jaybird blue buds, Bluetooth to my iPhone and sound good, nicely customisable to fit best, good range also
    I was looking at these. Are they really bulky? Do they fit Well? Finally What's the battery like?
    Thanks

Journeyman
    Soundmagic E10S - Brilliant sound, really well built!!

I wear these walking the dog everyday ...... great sound on them and could easily be priced much higher

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jays-Jays-He.../dp/B003EV68SK

Craftsman
    Shure SE215s are worth a look. Should be available at the upper range of your budget (or possibly a little over). I've had mine for years and have been really pleased with them. I like a lot of isolation and these do the trick. Two year warranty too.

The Soundmagic E10 is great value but the cables are quite delicate.

Master
    I can vouch for the Bose QC20i jobbies.

RHA all day long in my view.

Excellent value - my pair of 750's sound better than my previous £200 Sennheiser IE8's.......

Master
    Wuss.

Go old school.

As has been mentioned, Seinheisser are well worth investing in and can be found easily in your price bracket....

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had the sound magics which I left on a train! They sounded great ... Replaced them with these beyerdynamics which are well worth trying

http://www.whathifi.com/beyerdynamic/dtx-101-ie/review

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    I was looking at these. Are they really bulky? Do they fit Well? Finally What's the battery like?
    Thanks
    Not bulky at all, can wear under ear or over ear, get a set of different size ear plugs and experiment for best fit, took them on holiday recently, lasted most of the day with heavy use, range was good, managed to get about 50ft before they started to lose connectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Not bulky at all, can wear under ear or over ear, get a set of different size ear plugs and experiment for best fit, took them on holiday recently, lasted most of the day with heavy use, range was good, managed to get about 50ft before they started to lose connectivity.
    That sounds great, would work well in my gym too then. Can lock my bag with phone in a locker and should hopefully still have connectivity

Craftsman
    Another for the soundmagic e10s

Craftsman
    Beyerdynamic make very good headphones.

Anyone know anything about these?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-in-pure-sound

Definitely a +1 for the Soundmagic e10s. Had a few pairs of CX 400s or whatever they were (rubbish) and they don't compare!

Another vote for the SoundMagic E10 - really clear, lively and detailed sound - I've got more expensive earphones that are just gathering dust since i got the SoundMagic's about 18 months ago, they really are that good.

These are throw away cheap, but well worth trying out. Have relegated my senn's and shures to the dusty end of the headphone box.
    http://penonaudio.com/Xiaomi-Piston-2.0-Earphones
    (Just make sure you but from a dealer like the one linked, not Amazon resellers or eBay they're heavily faked)

Craftsman
    I would try and hunt down a pair of the Sony XBA-C10iP, they are discontinued but still available at some online outlets.

Tha AKG K376 are also a great set of headphones, right at the limit of your budget (if you buy them direct). http://us.akg.com/akg-product-detail_uk/k-376-blue.html

I just spent some birthday money on some RHA 750is. An excellent sound straight out of the box, and from what I've read they should get even better after a good long running in period. Top notch build quality too.
    F.T.F.A.

Another vote for RHA earbuds. I can't remember the model I have right now, but they were around £25 new and VERy good sound quality, no hint of over inflated bass, and generally very insightful.

Also I have seen the Soundmagic name mentioned here. Again a very decent set for the money, but I prefer to feel of the RHAs.

Apprentice
    What sort of music do you listen to? I've often been disappointed by in ear headphones