closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just had a price increase AAAAAND Omega do it again.

Craftsman

Just had a price increase AAAAAND Omega do it again.

Passing my local AD dealer yesterday and noticed Omega have upped their prices again. Seamaster Co-Axial now €3700 up from €3350 last week.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Passing my local AD dealer yesterday and noticed Omega have upped their prices again. Seamaster Co-Axial now €3700 up from €3350 last week.
    Oh, bother - do you know if it is across the board?

yes its true, looked at the Beaverbrooks website and the PO Orange on Bracelet has gone up £200 from £3.6k to £3.8 k - so that is me out. I refuse to buy them new and will stick to the used market.

Grand Master
    Possibly due to the weak Euro? May not affect UK pricing but it makes those overseas bargains less lucrative. Canary Islands still the cheapest for anyone who doesn`t mind sneaking the watch through Customs.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Possibly due to the weak Euro? May not affect UK pricing but it makes those overseas bargains less lucrative. Canary Islands still the cheapest for anyone who doesn`t mind sneaking the watch through Customs.

Paul
    Not, of course, that anyone here would do such a thing!
    Last edited by WatchIng; 22nd May 2015 at 13:59. Reason: Typo

Master
    Yep, it's the Euro/Swiss Franc price adjustment. I don't think they've raised they're prices for a few years though, certainly not here in the UK.

OP/George - when was the last one?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    Yep, it's the Euro/Swiss Franc price adjustment. I don't think they've raised they're prices for a few years though, certainly not here in the UK.

OP/George - when was the last one?
    We had an increase here in Ireland about 6 months ago, the same Seamaster was €3050 before Christmas. Making it very hard to justify buying one now. I was saving up to buy but now I'm not sure.
    Last edited by George; 22nd May 2015 at 15:03.

Has the classic hesalite Speedy Pro gone up as well? Given that it had a price increase earlier this year or last year to reflect the new bits and pieces it came with, it could now be getting rather pricey.

Paul
    Why the Canary's?

I go to Tenerife every other year as my family have a place over there , actually flying out again a week today. I've found I can get as good a price from Greece and Italy as I have from the AD's in Tenerife and with no issues with them being in the EU and no custom issues.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=smalleyboy1;3527547]Has the classic hesalite Speedy Pro gone up as well? Given that it had a price increase earlier this year or last year to reflect the new bits and pieces it came with, it could now be getting rather pricey.

All the Omegas on display had gone up in price. They didn't have a speedy there so I'm not sure but it looks that way.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=George;3527550]
    Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    Has the classic hesalite Speedy Pro gone up as well? Given that it had a price increase earlier this year or last year to reflect the new bits and pieces it came with, it could now be getting rather pricey.

All the Omega on display had gone up in price. They didn't have a speedy there so I'm not sure but it looks that way.

Beaverbrooks and Watches of Switzerland currently showing the Speedy Pro on their websites at £3,340. I know the 'old' model used to be £2,880 but the new box, goodies and screwed links upped the price by circa £500 so it looks like either the Speedy Pro hasn't increased in price or the websites have yet to catch up. It's getting a rather expensive watch now.

Master
    This is surprising. I'll call into the boutique over the weekend and see what they say. Glad I bought my 45th when I did!

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Why the Canary's?

I go to Tenerife every other year as my family have a place over there , actually flying out again a week today. I've found I can get as good a price from Greece and Italy as I have from the AD's in Tenerife and with no issues with them being in the EU and no custom issues.
    i got an Oris from Tenerife last ime i was there, a good 30%+ off of uk price. Italy looks like maybe a good place as its in the EU so no vat hassles and on chrono24 they seem to be cheapest on most things, Greece ive no idea long time since ive been

Master

Paul
    thanks for the tip

Craftsman
    Nice tip

Quote Originally Posted by hicksmat View Post
    yes its true, looked at the Beaverbrooks website and the PO Orange on Bracelet has gone up £200 from £3.6k to £3.8 k - so that is me out. I refuse to buy them new and will stick to the used market.
    The planet Ocean has been £3800 for well over a year .There has been no prise rise in the uK.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    The planet Ocean has been £3800 for well over a year .There has been no prise rise in the uK.
    I think it was £3.6k. No wish to argue however.

Apprentice
    [QUOTE]I think it was £3.6k. No wish to argue however./QUOTE]

I think the PO with bracelet was £3800, maybe the strap version was £3600?

Craftsman
    Browsed in beaverbrooks and goldsmiths earlier this evening and omega prices remain the same as they have been for some time now - uk that is anyhow.

I believe it's also a consequence of the Swiss bank ending its currency ceiling which has also had an effect on pricing ..So Swiss exports are now more expensive for foreign buyers generally....

I was buying a strap this morning from a gray dealer and he says 1st of June there will be price increase on most brands for the foreign markets, meaning, RRP in Switzerland will be the same but the RRP in other countries will change due to the strong CHF. Whether this is true we will see in week. It's not a sale pitch as it doesn't affect me in any way, but it will be interesting to see how much the price increase will be (if any).

Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    Browsed in beaverbrooks and goldsmiths earlier this evening and omega prices remain the same as they have been for some time now - uk that is anyhow.
    Presumably (?), prices will stay the same for existing stock. Or is that too reasonable an idea with excess profits in the offing?

could be worse at least petrols come down

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    could be worse at least petrols come down
    Not really its been creeping up every week for last couple of months 12-15p gone on diesel and its back up to £1.20 here

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    I believe it's also a consequence of the Swiss bank ending its currency ceiling which has also had an effect on pricing ..So Swiss exports are now more expensive for foreign buyers generally....
    There was an initial spike in the strength of the Swiss franc v gbp but that quickly settled back down and is approximately at similar levels to the last few years again.

Of course, that doesn't mean there won't be an increase as watch prices seem to have been pretty stable for a good while now. Don't think omega have increased in over 2 yrs now, not sure about Rolex but must be well over a year?

Could be overdue... Sadly