closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SBDX001 MM300 Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Superb photo bedlam, can I ask what the bezel insert is made from as it looks like resin?
    Thanks.
    There is no insert in fact. It's a one piece bezel. Beautiful, but can be scretched relatively easily. I'm sure you can find more info on this by googling a bit.

Sooo... there was some talk of there being a "deal" on these somewhere, was there not?

Been on my wishlist for a while and it just happens I can afford one at the moment...

Blog Entries
    I will PM when I get the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I will PM when I get the chance
    Oooohhh... <jumps up and down like a little girl>

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Oooohhh... <jumps up and down like a little girl>
    Really? I mean ,really??

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Really? I mean ,really??
    Literally.

Literally.
    I certainly admire the passion and enthusiasm even if somehow you had a
    More manly way of expressing it.👍👍

On a serious note, hope you get a great deal and love the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Superb photo bedlam, can I ask what the bezel insert is made from as it looks like resin?
    Thanks.
    Its a standard aluminium insert with a lacquered coating. The finish is really quite mesmerising.
    Last edited by bedlam; 24th May 2015 at 16:06.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    On a serious note, hope you get a great deal and love the watch.
    I hope so too. Still waiting for the PM so it remains to be seen exactly how good the deal is, but this is one of those rare watches where every time someone starts a thread like this, I always ask myself "why haven't I got one of those yet?" (excluding obviously, the stuff I'd probably quite like but could never possibly afford).

Pretty much every time someone posts about the MM300 the same thing happens: I go check the price on Seiya & Higuchi and think, "what's that in GBP plus VAT" and then "maybe in 6 months." Speaking of which, the Seiya site seems to have had a make-over and the note about "No EU orders" seems to have gone away.

There are lots of watches I've wanted at one time or another, but eventually the pictures don't look so special anymore, or something else comes along that's better and I'm no longer interested. But that just hasn't happened with the MM300. Hopefully it's not going to be one that turns out to be disappointing in reality, but at least I know that worst-case, I can't lose a lot of money if I decide to flip it.

Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    Its a standard aluminium insert with a lacquered coating. The finish is really quite mesmerising.
    No, it's not a standard insert.

Interested to know what deals can be had on these too....I've seen solojapan on ebay, but very interested to know what they can be had for!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmul View Post
    Interested to know what deals can be had on these too....I've seen solojapan on ebay, but very interested to know what they can be had for!
    Looks like "the deal" is gone and I got the last one :)

Either that or both Pitch3110 and I "got" the last one because somebody forgot to update their stock levels, in which case I expect I'll get a polite email in German on Monday and a refund.

Best to wait until Monday to see what the situation is. FWIW, they can be bought direct from Japan from here:

http://www.seiyajapan.com/collection...ucts/s-sbdx001

Or here, but I don't know what their price is right now (I emailed to ask and didn't get a reply yet, but I'm guessing it won't be as good as the German deal, even if it's a big cheaper than Seiya):

http://www.higuchi-inc.com/sbdx001.html

By the time you add VAT and whatnot that works out at just over £1,400. Of course customs might not charge the VAT, but it seems unlikely on something like this (as opposed to something coming from an eBay seller in China declared at $10 value). They tend to go for somewhere in the £1k region on SC in used condition, so they do hold their value pretty well.

Also seen Seiya, was also looking at creation as unlikely to get fees, that was the main draw to solojapan too, inside the EU! If you happen to find out any more, let us know :)

Journeyman
    Came into this thread liking the MM300. Leaving this thread loving it.

Blog Entries
    Well that serves me right for fannying around and being helpful.

Just had email from the jeweller in question informing that the watch I had reserved (and confirmed) for payment on Tuesday once back home was purchased online last night 😆😆 and no more stock available

Right time to hunt another down in Europe.

Paul

Well that serves me right for fannying around and being helpful.

Just had email from the jeweller in question informing that the watch I had reserved (and confirmed) for payment on Tuesday once back home was purchased online last night  and no more stock available

Right time to hunt another down in Europe.
    Crap, I assumed you were first in line. I'll email them ask them to keep it for you pending funds tomorrow and they can either refund me or supply another at the same price.

They sent me an email pretty quickly saying payment received, we will begin the dispatch process, but I haven't had a dispatch notification yet so hopefully they haven't shipped it.

Blog Entries
    Crap, I assumed you were first in line. I'll email them ask them to keep it for you pending funds tomorrow and they can either refund me or supply another at the same price.

They sent me an email pretty quickly saying payment received, we will begin the dispatch process, but I haven't had a dispatch notification yet so hopefully they haven't shipped it.
    Honestly it's no problem Robert and you enjoy buddy.

Reginald has just emailed and confirmed he is getting stock back in and I have one properly reserved. Looking forward to the pics and service provided.

Lovely gesture though.

Paul

Honestly it's no problem Robert and you enjoy buddy.

Reginald has just emailed and confirmed he is getting stock back in and I have one properly reserved. Looking forward to the pics and service provided.

Lovely gesture though.
    Well, I already sent the email so will wait and see what he says. If he's got one reserved for you then it sounds like all is well.

Blog Entries
    Really Robert, fill ya boots.

You may want to flip it 😜

Can pick these up new out of Germany for around 1175

Really Robert, fill ya boots.
    Thanks, I've emailed him back to say disregard last email. I didn't get a response yet so I don't know if he's read either one.

You may want to flip it
    I may, but it's unlikely. Even if I do find it a slight disappointment in person (which from what I've read of others experiences, sounds unlikely) then I'll probably hang onto it for a while in case I change my mind. So you may be out of luck with that one :)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Can pick these up new out of Germany for around 1175
    Yup, that's where "the deal" is located. Main concern is that it seems EUR prices are going up because of the weak Euro, so they may not stay at that level after current stocks sell out. Looks like this particular dealer is getting more in (presumably at the same price), but maybe best to wait until Pitch3110 gets his before posting any links here, or we could have endless repetition of the accidental gazumping incident.

Well, I just got a dispatch note.

Can also get new out of Japan for £980 which with 20% Vat on is just under £1,200. If the deal alluded to in the thread is much better than that then pile in as it's a bargain. Great watches but I prefer on the rubber

I've never dived in my life, and never likely to now I have reached a certain age. But I collect Seiko divers and wear them most of the time. The one I wear most is my MM300, I just love it.

I got mine from Solo Japan, (Magi), late last year. I can't recall the exact cost, but it was about £1000 sterling, delivered to the UK.
    I've never used the bracelet on mine, as I wear it on either an Isofrane or Mesh.. I'll have to see if I can dig out a couple of pictures.
    For what it is worth, Magi is 100% reliable and a nice chap as well..

Rich.

Just received my first one thanks to minkle on SC. Can't believe it took me so long to get round to it. Reminds me very much of my old SBDB001 spring drive GMT diver in terms of case design, shape and finishing. Much more manageable size though.

What a quality piece. Didn't realise it had an antireflective crystal, nice touch. Have ordered a new SBDX001 strap from Seiya and will look forward to trying that on soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Just received my first one thanks to minkle on SC. Can't believe it took me so long to get round to it. Reminds me very much of my old SBDB001 spring drive GMT diver in terms of case design, shape and finishing. Much more manageable size though.

What a quality piece. Didn't realise it had an antireflective crystal, nice touch. Have ordered a new SBDX001 strap from Seiya and will look forward to trying that on soon.
    Suits the Seiko BFK strap too

You may want to flip it 
    Sorry, I'm afraid this one's a keeper. Did you get yours yet?

I've had mine for about a week now and it's been on my wrist pretty much constantly. The only issue I have with mine is that the clasp is a bit sticky when trying to undo it. I don't know if this is a common problem with this particular clasp or if I just got a lemon. I haven't had the same trouble with other Seiko clasps. Anyone else had this problem?

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I'm afraid this one's a keeper. Did you get yours yet?

I've had mine for about a week now and it's been on my wrist pretty much constantly. The only issue I have with mine is that the clasp is a bit sticky when trying to undo it. I don't know if this is a common problem with this particular clasp or if I just got a lemon. I haven't had the same trouble with other Seiko clasps. Anyone else had this problem?
    Good to hear mate.

I have now picked up a nine month old one from Vinny which hopefully will be with me by the end of the week. Reminds me, I must email Reg in Germany.

Paul

Good to hear mate.

I have now picked up a nine month old one from Vinny which hopefully will be with me by the end of the week. Reminds me, I must email Reg in Germany.
    So, it's OK to spill the beans now, if anyone else is after one?

Banned
    Nice, but I am going to wait for the new model.

Actually I am, so if possible, do please let me know about the details.

Cheers,
    Christian

Blog Entries
    sure is buddy

Paul

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ch View Post
    I got mine from Solo Japan, (Magi), late last year. I can't recall the exact cost, but it was about £1000 sterling, delivered to the UK.
    I've never used the bracelet on mine, as I wear it on either an Isofrane or Mesh.. I'll have to see if I can dig out a couple of pictures.
    For what it is worth, Magi is 100% reliable and a nice chap as well..

Rich.
    +1

Great guy, good deals.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Journeyman
    I was saving up for an Emperor Tuna however the MM300 has wheedled its way into my affections of late. So if there's a good deal going I'd be very interested.

OK, so the highly secretive "deal" that was alluded to earlier was from here:

https://www.uhrenrudloff.de/

If you were expecting a spectacular deal this may be a disappointment, as it was 1,600 EUR. But it's cheaper than Seiya/Higuchi when you factor in the VAT and avoids the hassle of customs fees. If SoloJapan has any stock, he may be cheaper.

Also, the MM300 is no longer listed on the site, so you'll need to email. As I never heard back other than auto-responses (in German) I don't know if Reg speaks English or not, so you may want to include a German translation in any emails. Paul has had more direct dealings so may be able to confirm one way or the other. I believe he had at least one more on order for Paul, who now has another. He probably just hasn't listed it for sale yet because it was reserved.

Blog Entries
    Solo on E-bay has stock.

1,625.00 Euro = 1,176.15 GBP

Watches are located in Spain, so no VAT.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Journeyman
    Thanks Robt/Daddel. I had been looking at Solo's listing.

I'm a bit fussy. I tried on a DeepSea, a few Omegas, a Pelagos and a brace of Breitlings last weekend at my local Goldsmiths and none of them really excited me, although the Breitling Superocean Heritage got close. I keep finding myself drawn back to Seiko's divers.

Blog Entries
    OK, so the highly secretive "deal" that was alluded to earlier was from here:

https://www.uhrenrudloff.de/

If you were expecting a spectacular deal this may be a disappointment, as it was 1,600 EUR. But it's cheaper than Seiya/Higuchi when you factor in the VAT and avoids the hassle of customs fees. If SoloJapan has any stock, he may be cheaper.

Also, the MM300 is no longer listed on the site, so you'll need to email. As I never heard back other than auto-responses (in German) I don't know if Reg speaks English or not, so you may want to include a German translation in any emails. Paul has had more direct dealings so may be able to confirm one way or the other. I believe he had at least one more on order for Paul, who now has another. He probably just hasn't listed it for sale yet because it was reserved.
    Yep Rob, Reginald does speak and replies to emails pretty good in English. I have his direct email if anyone requires it, just PM me.

Paul

Check out Suntime S.R.O. / WebHodinky.cz - they are on Chrono24, but also have their own bricks and mortar shop and large website.
    They are in Prague, so no VAT to pay on import, and you can get a MM300 from them for less than £1100 shipped, if you haggle a little with Tomaz. Takes about 10-14 days to arrive from payment, but they were spot on in dealing with.
    Interestingly, you get 2 years warranty from Seiko Europe, but only 1 if you buy from direct from Japan (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Interestingly, you get 2 years warranty from Seiko Europe, but only 1 if you buy from direct from Japan (I think).
    Could be right, due to the new EU statutory warranties law.

SBDX001 MM300 Thoughts

Sorry - didn't mean to post here, and can't delete!

Anyway, as I'm here, the MM is going strong. Picked up some scrapes on bezel almost immediately, but I don't expect it to go anywhere so might as well make it lived in!
    I have worn it every single day since purchase (mostly on NATO or rubber - super comfy, no weight issues. The bracelet is great but a bugger when desk-diving)
    Last edited by notenoughwrists; 18th August 2015 at 16:02.

I don't wear mine every day, but it is often my default choice. The bracelet is great, but I prefer to wear it on the rubber strap. Nice 'n comfy!

SBDX001 MM300 Thoughts

Solojapan does better prices outside of EBay. Poor advice normally, I know, but if you make sure you are dealing with the right solojapan then he has a solid rep. Bought four watches from him now, one a MM300, all by bank transfer.

If you prefer the peace of mind then definitely buy through eBay.