closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths PRS40 on worn and wound again

Smiths PRS40 on worn and wound again

This time recommended as one of their top ten summer beaters.

http://wornandwound.com/2015/05/19/summer-beaters-10-tough-watches-for-under-500/

The linky no linky ..... Try this
    Marmite watch

http://wornandwound.com/2015/05/19/s...for-under-500/

Master
    Nice little read, thanks fo sharing. My vote goes to the 007

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    Nice little read, thanks fo sharing. My vote goes to the 007
    I don't get posts like this, I really don't. A nice little heads-up for a Timefactors watch (thanks, OP), and someone pops up on the forum owned and managed by the man who makes the PRS40 to offer little but a 'I prefer Seiko' hurp-durp. Thanks for the contribution, oiljam - tell us more. Why is a big, bezel-wearing tradi-diver a better watch than an idiosyncratic non-diver? What brought on that contribution?

Master
    Maybe oiljam really does prefer the 007? There's nothing wrong with that and to me it doesn't really read as a criticism of Timefactors or the PRS40. It is a discussion forum and we all have different tastes.

I really like the Aevig Valkyr myself, except that to me its crying out for a diver-syle bezel, and it hasn't got one :)

Smiths PRS40 on worn and wound again

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I don't get posts like this, I really don't. A nice little heads-up for a Timefactors watch (thanks, OP), and someone pops up on the forum owned and managed by the man who makes the PRS40 to offer little but a 'I prefer Seiko' hurp-durp.
    Slight overreaction, maybe - he was just saying out of that list he liked the Seiko the best. It's not a Timefactors bashing thing.

Can someone tell me, please, why they say that the PRS-40 is "a 2-piece design"? It may be obvious, but not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Can someone tell me, please, why they say that the PRS-40 is "a 2-piece design"? It may be obvious, but not to me.
    I'm not sure, I'd have thought most watch designs are 2 piece, with monocoque cases being an exception.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I don't get posts like this, I really don't. A nice little heads-up for a Timefactors watch (thanks, OP), and someone pops up on the forum owned and managed by the man who makes the PRS40 to offer little but a 'I prefer Seiko' hurp-durp. Thanks for the contribution, oiljam - tell us more. Why is a big, bezel-wearing tradi-diver a better watch than an idiosyncratic non-diver? What brought on that contribution?
    Hey grand master....chill. Don't get ye knickers in a twist. Life's too short
    Last edited by oiljam; 21st May 2015 at 22:13.

Sorry, folks, a slight overreaction, I can see.

Master
    Cheers, all friends again

Actually I prefer the freedom/honesty on this forum - I think Eddie set this up as a (now fantastic) watch forum, not as a vehicle to kiss his behind! Miw I've written that sentence I feel a tiny bit queasy, no offence Eddie,........