closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dreadnought Voyager serial number?

Dreadnought Voyager serial number?

daft question but how do you read the serial number please? First two numbers are 13 and I'm guessing that's the year of manufacter but they don't follow the serial numbering protocol of my other two Time Factors watches in just having a sequential number after that?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by bagman; 23rd May 2015 at 15:41.

If its like the PRS-82 then the first 4 digits are year/month 1307 (July 2013) then a sequential number.

Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    If its like the PRS-82 then the first 4 digits are year/month 1307 (July 2013) then a sequential number.
    If that's the case then it's not the serial number I was told? (Not that I give a monkies :-) it has a figure 1 in front of that

I'm sure Eddie will explain, but I think the backs maybe had the month they were made on, but this was long before the watches went on sale. For example, mine is 13030115. March 13, watch number 115. But not finished and delivered until the second batch in something like Nov/Dec 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by bagman View Post
    If that's the case then it's not the serial number I was told? (Not that I give a monkies :-) it has a figure 1 in front of that
    Did you buy the one off here that was advertised as a sub-100 model, but was clearly from the second batch - 1NN rather than 0NN? 163...? The add says (hash)63, but the paperwork and back showed 163.

It makes no odds, unless 63 was really important to you.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 21st May 2015 at 20:31.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Did you buy the one off here that was advertised as a sub-100 model, but was clearly from the second batch - 1NN rather than 0NN? 163...? The add says (hash)63, but the paperwork and back showed 163.

It makes no odds, unless 63 was really important to you.

M
    It wasn't advertised as a sub 100 model and as I said above I don't care :D just wanted to know?

What sort of numbers of these were made in 2013?

Master
    There were 200 in the first batch

You can see where they all went in this thread

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...MT-owners-list
    Last edited by BRGS; 23rd May 2015 at 08:23.

Quote Originally Posted by BRGS View Post

Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post
    I'm sure Eddie will explain, but I think the backs maybe had the month they were made on, but this was long before the watches went on sale. For example, mine is 13030115. March 13, watch number 115. But not finished and delivered until the second batch in something like Nov/Dec 2013.
    The first 4 digits are when the cases were made, not necessarily the watches. I have to get a minimum of 200 cases made so they are all engraved at the time of manufacture but I might call the finished watches off in batches of 50. Roland told me last year that he still had 100 cases for the PRS-20 (I didn't know) so I had them made up and when I got them, the serial numbers showed that the cases were made in 2010 although the watches weren't assembled until 2014.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    The first 4 digits are when the cases were made, not necessarily the watches. I have to get a minimum of 200 cases made so they are all engraved at the time of manufacture but I might call the finished watches off in batches of 50. Roland told me last year that he still had 100 cases for the PRS-20 (I didn't know) so I had them made up and when I got them, the serial numbers showed that the cases were made in 2010 although the watches weren't assembled until 2014.

Eddie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BRGS View Post

Splitting hairs, but you can see where most went at some point, some aren't listed and, some of course, will be out of date now.

There were 200 in the first batch, but there was some months between the initial 100 and the second being made available for sale, I forget why now, but I think it's mentioned in the Voyager production thread somewhere.

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Splitting hairs, but you can see where most went at some point, some aren't listed and, some of course, will be out of date now.

There were 200 in the first batch, but there was some months between the initial 100 and the second being made available for sale, I forget why now, but I think it's mentioned in the Voyager production thread somewhere.

M
    The first 100 arrived in October 2013, the second 100 in December 2013 and they were sold out in March 2014.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".