closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster GMT dreams

Omega Seamaster GMT dreams

I keep flirting with buying an Omega 2234/2530, the GMT cousin of the classic 2254 diver. The thing that keeps putting me off is the bezel - I just can't make myself like the oversized numerals they chose to use on this family. For no particular reason, I found myself wondering what a GMT version of the current Seamaster 300m ceramic would look like. A couple minutes with Photoshop, and voila:

I rather like it, if I do say so myself. If they'd offer something like this at the next Baselworld, I'd buy one in a flash.

That could be a very nice purchase - I think you should forward it, and ask for royalties!
    It's just a matter of time...

Think yours looks a lot better!

Shame the bezel is misaligned though ;-P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    That could be a very nice purchase - I think you should forward it, and ask for royalties!
    He should at least get one free. Nice work on the pic, OP.

Master
    What about the later wave-dialled variant, the 2535.80.00:

http://www.omegawatches.com/collecti...41-mm/25358000

Clear caseback a bonus.

Thanks, gents. Per Omegamanic's advice, I actually did register with the Omega website and use the "contact us" link to send in a suggestion that that ought to build this so I can give them more money. Sadly the site wouldn't let me attach a picture, but hopefully I got the point across.

I did casually mention that I'm happy with the seven or eight other Omegas I currently own, so hopefully they will at least give me the time of day before patting me on the head and sending me on my way. Maybe they will even send me some free swag for being such a good customer? Nah, more likely, they'll just spam my email inbox. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    What about the later wave-dialled variant, the 2535.80.00:

http://www.omegawatches.com/collecti...41-mm/25358000

Clear caseback a bonus.
    That is a nice one indeed. Only trouble is I've already got a Blue Bond, so I was hoping for a GMT in black. Also the 2535 is the same one Will wears, and I'd hate for Kate to get the two of us confused again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by workahol View Post
    Also the 2535 is the same one Will wears, and I'd hate for Kate to get the two of us confused again.
    I believe his is the mid-size (quartz?), and not a GMT, so I reckon you're safe.
    Last edited by Tom-P; 11th May 2015 at 23:33.

I believe his is the mid-size (quartz?), and not a GMT, so I reckon you're safe.
    You may be right - now that I do a bit of research, I see various sites that support either claim. At any rate, he and I will both have reason to upgrade once the Seamaster GMT Ceramic is on offer! ;)

Will was bought a mid size by Charles I believe - but he could have upgraded at some stage,

The 2535 is a great watch - I had a couple of them, at the same time, and wish I'd have kept one of them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Will was bought a mid size by Charles I believe - but he could have upgraded at some stage
    [From his mother according to the various sites which comment on it.]

Master
    Now that is possibly the first modern Seamaster I could go for! Or would go for...

[From his mother according to the various sites which comment on it.]
    I think that've called the Diana effect. For years the story was Charles allowed him to choose his own watch, and he picked the midsize bond - no I'm reading that it's a present from his mother - essentially it was a present from his parents, which he probably picked out.

I recall he was wearing a mid size when his first child was born. (In the photos in the paper afterwards).

Steve

Resurrecting this thread, here's a 2234 that's been modified with an all-black bezel insert. I have to say it really looks the business:

The bezel insert is an aftermarket part, not OEM. They appear to be available on the famous auction site for around $45.

Hmm, tempting...

Master
    I really don't like the look of the GMT bezel either (or any of the sword-hand SMPs either), but that looks superb.

Master
    Ohhhh, so finally they did it? Is this the seller base in USA Ebay? I've ask them to do this and now thinking if they eventually make one... Looks good or the business to Me...

Just had a look and indeed it's them... Hmm!!! This might turn the table for Me...
    Last edited by mjoranga; 24th July 2016 at 07:01.

Re:
    Just had a loo and indeed it's them... Hmm!!! This might turn the table for Me...

Were they in the loo too?:-)

Master
    Hahaha, type error with this auto correct plus travelling 12 hours all over Scotland didn't help.