closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prometheus: We are not impressed

Prometheus: We are not impressed

With Prometheus receiving its terrestrial UK Premier on C4 this evening i thought i'd post a link to a wordy review that i laughed my bollocks off at

http://digitaldigging.net/prometheus...l-perspective/

also see his reviews on Time Team etc
    Last edited by tekbow; 10th May 2015 at 22:10.

Master

Good find and so apposite.

B

Craftsman
    Brilliant 👍

If you'd prefer to read the film this is perfect

The YouTube HONEST TRAILER is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by tekbow View Post
    With Prometheus receiving its terrestrial UK Premier on C4 this evening i thought i'd post a link to a wordy review that i laughed my bollocks off at

The Skyfall review is entertaining too

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post

Hilarious, especially the bit about lack of payoff with the black goo and the cast roll

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Quality. "Giant vag"

Oh bugger, after seeing that I'll just delete the bloody thing 😒. :

Master
    Good call, do something more fulfilling like mow the lawn!!

I watched the whole thing, hoping it would get better, but no, what a waste of time!
    I can't work out if it was a pastiche or parody of the Alien films.

What didn't help was the knob-like 'reptiles' that swam through the black goo, not to mention the giant vag...and to top it all, Charlize didn't get 'em out :(

For me, I want to like Prometheus, because I lOVE the Alien franchise, first 2 films and uncut version of the third. 4 th and the AvP films did not happen..

But it's just.. so sodding baffling, I have no idea wtf was going on, it answered nothing about the alien films at all.

It thoroughly deserved the review i linked to plus the Honest Trailers send up. I spat tea out at "Super Vagina"

Craftsman
    AvP 1 and 2 are right up there with Tremors for veg out b movie entertainment.
    Dave

The beginning is quite good I thought, and there were some nice "wide shots" of landscapes in the film - but otherwise I ended up even more baffled than when I watched "Cache".

Journeyman
    i thought this was going to be about prometheus watches!

I also love the alien mythos and the derivations of HR Giger's art.

Prometheus was a terrible let down, Ridley Scott was really smoking some crack, in this interview he implies that Jesus Christ was one of the alien engineers:

Movies.com: You throw religion and spirituality into the equation for Prometheus, though, and it almost acts as a hand grenade. We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

RS: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an “our children are misbehaving down there” scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, “Lets’ send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.

Master
    I finally got around to watching this the other night. I was in two minds whether to post on this thread or the bad films thread. The film made no sense to me. And if it needs to be explained it hasn't done its job very well. Such a let down as I also watched Alien and Aliens again recently after many years of not seeing them and they are so good.

I actually got bored watching Prometheus and only stuck with it to see if there was some big reveal about the Aliens. But no.

Journeyman
    I wanted to like it, I really did. There was such a lot of promise there, and I still reckon the trailer was fantastic. But the sheer mass of cack in it by far outweighed the good stuff.

Master
    Blog Entries
    i thought it was ok and had its moments - but like others didn't answer anything and created more Qs.

Being that I would still like to see a sequel to clear things up - I guess this is prob not going to happen anytime soon?

That's a very funny review! To be fair, you could reduce a lot of films this way though. If people acted sensibly, drama would be nothing of the sort.

I actually thought Prometheus was ok. Not terrible, just a bit mediocre. (A bit like Alien 3 and 4 - neither of which were as bad as they were made out yo be IMO).

That's a very funny review! To be fair, you could dissect many films this way though. If people acted sensibly, drama would be nothing of the sort.

I actually thought Prometheus was ok. Not terrible, just a bit mediocre. (A bit like Alien 3 and 4 - neither of which were as bad as they were made out yo be IMO).

I'll see if I can dig out the link from the Pistonheads thread to an original draft of the Prometheus script. It makes far more sense than the film with fewer loose ends.

ETA: This makes good reading: http://filmschoolrejects.com/opinion...ript-jsarg.php

And when you've got time, here's the original script: http://www.joblo.com/scripts/Alien-E...EUS-SCRIPT.pdf
    Last edited by Shakespeare; 22nd May 2015 at 15:24.

Blog Entries
    Oh good... Not on my own! It's was drivel of the first order...!

I liked it, but then again I'm easily entertained. Fassbender stole the film in my view, but I agree, the storyline was weak compared to its predecessors.

Craftsman
    i had to watch it twice before i liked it