closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sold a Speedy Pro with mismatched case and movement

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    It's clear that the watch sold to the OP isn't the same as the one SimonH sold to Jakubisko, despite Jakubisko's assertions that it is. Whether that is intentional deceit or a confused error is something only Jakubisko can answer. Given the discrepancy between the description and what was actually received and throw in the hassle of returning a watch to an unknown in the Czech Republic, I know who I'd be asking the pointed questions to and the nature of those questions.

The issue over the service; a previous owner to SimonH claimed to have had it done, maybe Brendan can be given those details and check it out?

Brendan has already been furnished with the names of two previous owners and he has no record of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquavit View Post
    Brendan has already been furnished with the names of two previous owners and he has no record of it.
    Huh... Maybe some thread input from the two previous owners?

Care to speak up chaps?

Huh... Maybe some thread input from the two previous owners?

Care to speak up chaps?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I think it is reasonably obvious I am "seller B" in this affair.

As stated in my SC post, I received this watch as a trade for my Breitling B-1 from a respected TZ member and it was he, or indeed an owner previous to him, who had the watch serviced by Brendan, not I. Or at least so I was told, and I have absolutely no reason to doubt the person who traded the watch with me. Indeed, as the watch was a non-runner when I received it, he provided a substantial reduction to his original trade value. I see no benefit to him therefore in having misled me regarding the service. I have asked him if he can recall who had the watch serviced so perhaps we can get to the bottom of that mystery.

I am sure Stephen will confirm I have tried as hard as I can to help him get to the bottom of this.

One thing is certain however, the watch in Stephen's possession is not the one I sold to seller A - the serial numbers are different, the claimed age is different.

I think he means the previous two. Seller C & D, the ones who supposedly had the watch serviced.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    ?
    The couple of owners before SimonH.

The service (or not) by Brendan is irrelevant.
    The only thing of concern is whether Jakubisko is going to come forward and resolve the issue. Either a full refund or payment in full for the service is what I'd expect from him.

SimonH and Brendan are both innocent parties in this matter.

I don't think full payment for the Omega service is acceptable. A franken that's been re-engraved to match isn't as good as an all original watch, even if it is working and polished to look as good as new. It certainly wouldn't be many people's choice when buying if there was a similarly conditioned original watch available.

And ripping someone off (assuming it's not just a mix up by a dealer with a high turnover of watches) and then being prepared to 'put it right' when caught out is not at all acceptable.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The only thing of concern is whether Jakubisko is going to come forward and resolve the issue. Either a full refund or payment in full for the service is what I'd expect from him.

I understand what you mean Dave+63, but it is relevant to me !

The implication is that I did a substandard service on a watch. I have no record of an Omega service for either SimonH or Jakobisko.

Never heard of Jakobisko until today.

If I did service this watch for a previous owner I am sure he would have notified me of any problem with it.

This would probably have been some time before I was ill. So it could have been years ago.

I can always recognise my own repairs and sign the inside case back.

Brendan.

The couple of owners before SimonH.
    Gotcha - apologies for being slow-witted!

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I don't think full payment for the Omega service is acceptable. A franken that's been re-engraved to match isn't as good as an all original watch, even if it is working and polished to look as good as new. It certainly wouldn't be many people's choice when buying if there was a similarly conditioned original watch available.

And ripping someone off (assuming it's not just a mix up by a dealer with a high turnover of watches) and then being prepared to 'put it right' when caught out is not at all acceptable.
    No, I agree it's not ideal but it's the best we can hope for.

I do think a watch re-engraved by the manufacturer with all the paperwork to back it up is ok though.

His days of dealing here on SC are surely numbered too!

I got the crystal ball out and foresee a "Rolex Explorer 2" coming next (link).

Journeyman
    Hi Aquavit-sorry to hear your unfortunate story. it looks like Jakubisko has just come online and I'm sure find this thread. Will be interesting to hear his reply...if there is one..........Best of luck though. ps totally agree with the name and shaming if legitimate-it helps us all!
    Last edited by k965781; 7th May 2015 at 13:24.

If the watch went to omega service centre in France, could the issue have arisen there. They have no record, but it doesn't mean nothing happened?

Steve

Two things immediately spring to mind:

1. Like other Forums, there should be a separate section for Dealers - I know this is Eddie's call. This would help members decide whether they want to buy "privately" or not.

2. This does seem like fraud, and as such could/should be reported to the Police. A quick refund doesn't change the fact that a crime may have been committed, and may be again.

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post

The implication is that I did a substandard service on a watch. I have no record of an Omega service for either SimonH or Jakobisko.

If I did service this watch for a previous owner I am sure he would have notified me of any problem with it.

This would probably have been some time before I was ill. So it could have been years ago.

Brendan.
    I know this is off track now, but there is no need to vandalise customers watch backs these days.

I use worktracer and it keeps a log of customer and watch including serial numbers and photos.

Master
    Very disturbing to read this. Forums run smooth until some scum bags want to pull a fast one and make an easy buck. This is fraud/ counter fitting.

Service costs should be paid by the person you bought it off.

But as my father says if something is to good to be true.! Cheap watches with no provenance should be avoided unless your happy taking a calculated gamble.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

That's my take on it. The service was never more than a rumour really, or to put it another way, SimonH merely stated that he had been told the watch had been serviced and did not offer any guarantee of this. The service question is taking attention away from the real issue which is about Jakubisko's sale to the OP.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by k965781 View Post
    it looks like Jakubisko has just come online and I'm sure find this thread.
    Unless he's pointed to it that's highly unlikely, it's not in Sales Corner after all.....

Craftsman
    I already pointed him to the thread via a different forum.

Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    Very disturbing to read this. Forums run smooth until some scum bags want to pull a fast one and make an easy buck. This is fraud/ counter fitting.

Service costs should be paid by the person you bought it off.

But as my father says if something is to good to be true.! Cheap watches with no provenance should be avoided unless your happy taking a calculated gamble.
    The price wasn't "too good to be true" and it wasn't without provenance - albeit no box and papers.

Quote Originally Posted by vekslak View Post
    I already pointed him to the thread via a different forum.
    But I've emailed Jakub well over 24 hours ago and he hasn't replied, even though he has logged on to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post

Brendan.
    Brendan, I think we can safely say that the watch I have (now with Swiss Omega), given it's reported condition, has never been anywhere near you!

I would like to step-in into this witch hunt. It always disappoint me, how others judge something they are not involved in. I think the old tradition tells something as a presumption of innocence, right?
    As you may think the opposite, selling watches is not my primary occupation. I am simply a watch aficionado who discovered one forum abroad. Also I admit, I am not regular reader of this forum.

And now back to the point. As I wrote to Aquavit yesterday (and I still await your reply Stephen!), I do apologize for the problems - but I really can´t explain the switch of the serial numbers. And I am very confused also. Unfortunately from my pictures the number is not visible, neither I did not wrote down the number because I did not expect any complications. I also offered Stephen to propose me a solution because I feel obliged, as he bought the watch from me. And not from SimonH.

So far I had very good reputation here and I intent to continue having it. I sold and bought more than 20 watches here and I believe you can ask anyone, that I had no intention for scam or any wrongdoings. For the price, I can say it is always a matter of demand.

To sum this up, I would really appreciate from all of you a little moderation until we solve it with Aquavit.

Master
    Ah - pre-empted.
    Last edited by gcleminson; 7th May 2015 at 14:32.

Master
    OK, I've looked at the two sale threads.

1) The two adverts clearly show different watches, so Aquavit has received the correct watch according to the advert he responded to.
    2) Nowhere in Jakubisko's thread does he state it's SimonH's watch, just in private conversation with Aquavit

So either Jakubisko has made a mixup and genuine mistake in telling Aquavit he was selling him SimonHs watch, or he's deliberately mislead Aquavit to get the sale. So:

a) If it's the former, an apology and refund will fix the matter and Jakubisco should properly declare himself as a dealer.
    b) If it's the latter, he should be banned from the forum

EDIT: It sounds like (a) is the actual scenario, albeit without the dealer tag?

Quote Originally Posted by jakubisko View Post

To sum this up, I would really appreciate from all of you a little moderation until we solve it with Aquavit.
    This is fair enough right?

yeah it doesn't look good but lets give them a chance to sort it first.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dom_ View Post
    I know this is off track now, but there is no need to vandalise customers watch backs these days.

I use worktracer and it keeps a log of customer and watch including serial numbers and photos.

Your adjective barely justifies a reply.

However my ink mark is unique.

Brendan.

Banned
    The price wasn't "too good to be true" and it wasn't without provenance - albeit no box and papers.

But I've emailed Jakub well over 24 hours ago and he hasn't replied, even though he has logged on to the forum.

Brendan, I think we can safely say that the watch I have (now with Swiss Omega), given it's reported condition, has never been anywhere near you!
    Thank you Aquavit.

Brendan.

Craftsman
    Best option is full refund or good communication to resolve.... Being new it's a bit unsettling that these issues in the last couple of weeks seem to be on the increase.

Saying that I purchased a watch yesterday, paid as gift by PayPal and oddly have no concerns as the comminication has been good and I get a feel that the seller is good. I wouldn't do that on ebay or Crono24. I don't have the watch yet but expect a nice surprise. All the best.

Jakub, I have not received any email from you - either via PM or my private email.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Two things immediately spring to mind:

1. Like other Forums, there should be a separate section for Dealers - I know this is Eddie's call. This would help members decide whether they want to buy "privately" or not.
    Would be no different to the current situation with dealers not owning up to being one.

Blog Entries
    Jakub, I have not received any email from you - either via PM or my private email.
    Maybe he sent it to SimonH by mistake as he clearly gets mixed up where this name is involved.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    He also has (at least) two watches for sale on SC right now, freshly bumped today.

No DEALER in the thread title though.
    Go look on other forums he had five watches listed on Turf Rolex no so long ago, if that's not dealing.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Go look on other forums he had five watches listed on Turf Rolex no so long ago, if that's not dealing.
    I am not registered at any Turf Rolex. The name Jakub is quite a common in the country I come from, it means James!
    I can now sue you for the slander! :)

I am not registered at any Turf Rolex. The name Jakub is quite a common in the country I come from, it means James!
    I can now sue you for the slander! :)
    Oh my good gawd Terry
    while this unfolds i"ll pop over to the Boys Room section, Celebrity gash and Norks Section, will make for some light relief !

interesting kettle terence

Sue for slander because he said you have a watch for sale on another forum, **** me.

Anyway, no-one has explicitly said you're a villain Jakubisko, there's an acknowledgement that we aren't in possession of all the necessary information to make a judgement. However, I think it's quite clear something isn't quite right and whether intentional or not, it seems likely the discrepancy in all this lies with you.

As you may think the opposite, selling watches is not my primary occupation.
    It's certainly your primary usage for TZ-UK. 48 individual sales threads (each with multiple bumps) and you're only 517 posts in...

Make contact. Fix it.

Sue for slander because he said you have a watch for sale on another forum, **** me.
    You notice the smiley? It's a joke.

Blog Entries
    But did or didn't you PM/E-mail Aquavit?

Please answer that question.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I think it is reasonably obvious I am "seller B" in this affair...
    Is this your sales thread: link? If not, it may account for some of the confusion on here.

Edit: Just noticed that it's a much earlier watch and so not likely to be your one. Sorry...

Edit2: Even that one didn't stay with jakubisko for very long: link.
    Last edited by PickleB; 7th May 2015 at 15:27.

Grand Master
    Hmm.....maybe £300 refund isn`t quite enough to redress things.

Having re-read this it's a bit more complex than I originally thought, and seller A hasn`t covered himself in glory. Whether this was deliberate or a mistake is open to question.

I`ve no issue with dealers provided they're upfront about the fact that they're dealers. The main issue is the quality of the watches they're selling; dealers are trying to make money and all too often they'll spend the absolute minimum on a watch to get it fit for sale.

Hopefully this will get resolved to the OP's satisfaction, the ones is on seller A to do this.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 7th May 2015 at 15:42.

...And I am very confused also. Unfortunately from my pictures the number is not visible, neither I did not wrote down the number because I did not expect any complications...
    Perhaps you can find the unedited version of this one: link...that was in your SC thread? The serial is shown, but it doesn't blow up to be legible. However, I expect that the original photo from your Canon PowerShot GS 11 may better show the details than this version that has been through Lightroom.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Perhaps you can find the unedited version of this one: link...that was in your SC thread? The serial is shown, but it doesn't blow up to be legible. However, I expect that the original photo from your Canon PowerShot GS 11 may better show the details than this version that has been through Lightroom.
    Linky no worky

Master
    To Stephen, I hope this situation is resolved quickly, as you can see from the photograph's that the SN's on the cases are quite different.

To Jakub, do the right thing and resolve this to Stephen's satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    You notice the smiley? It's a joke.
    A little smile doesn't make a joke. It wasn't particularly funny anyway, I'm not sure he should be trying to be the funny guy given the situation.

If it looks like a dirty deal, smells like a rat, and is evidenced to be a fraudulent sale then it's a dodgy dealer's dirty deal.
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    If it looks like a dirty deal, smells like a rat, and is evidenced to be a fraudulent sale then it's a dodgy dealer's dirty deal.
    It may be a deliciously dastardly dodgy dealers deliberately dirty deal.

Or not. Bit early to hang the bloke when all the facts aren't known.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Linky no worky

It seems he has cut the links to all the photos in his sales thread this time. Now, why did he do that?

Methinks, he doth protest too much...and in bold, too:

I would like to step-in into this witch hunt. It always disappoint me, how others judge something they are not involved in.

So far I had very good reputation here and I intent to continue having it. I sold and bought more than 20 watches here and I believe you can ask anyone, that I had no intention for scam or any wrongdoings. For the price, I can say it is always a matter of demand.

And I do appreciate that English is probably not his first language...but actions speak louder than words. I am still hopeful that the OP can resolve this with the seller...and end up with a decent Speedy at a decent price.
    Last edited by PickleB; 7th May 2015 at 16:46. Reason: add observation

Quote Originally Posted by hellominky View Post
    It may be a deliciously dastardly dodgy dealers deliberately dirty deal.

Or not. Bit early to hang the bloke when all the facts aren't known.

Facts are known - it's the spin around them from the dealer that's missing. Having said that, my post did say "If..."
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    It seems he has cut the links to all the photos in his sales thread this time. Now, why did he do that?
    Is that tampering with the evidence?

Link works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hellominky View Post
    If the watch went to omega service centre in France, could the issue have arisen there. They have no record, but it doesn't mean nothing happened?

Steve
    Reminded me of this thread. http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...wrong+movement

Well my mind has been made up. More of a smoke and mirrors reply without answering any of the queries posted. I also refuse to believe for 1 second that there is no record of the serial number.