closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sold a Speedy Pro with mismatched case and movement

I've heard no more from Jakub and don't expect to after his parting shot playing the victim card - "aggressive forum, made me a criminal" etc.

Still, at least it has exposed him as the grasping chancer he is and his days are done on this forum and, hopefully, on other forums too if we can spread the word.

Simply looking at the maths of this he's shot himself in the foot; he bought the watch at £1,150, sold at £1,499 - so a profit of £349. If he'd dipped in to his pocket for the Omega rectification he would only be down to the tune of £91. It beggars belief that, for such a small amount, he's chucked his reputation away and severeley impinged his ability to offload the rest of his stock.

Thanks for all the supportive posts, I'll now be sorting this out with Omega and may well collect the watch from Bienne and enjoy a few days in Switzerland at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Good luck with it :)

And another chancer gone, Brussels, student or what have you, still a chancer.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Dear Stephen,

I have send you one email yesterday evening, another this morning. Still without reply.
    Can you confirm, you received it? I really want to face this, not run away. And proof I am not scammer.

To all who are not involved, I ask you to stay calm and make no accusation. I have very little energy to fight back when you take out irrelevant information.

Quote Originally Posted by jakubisko View Post
    Dear Stephen, I really want to face this, not run away.

In that case give him a full and unequivocal refund, plus return postage costs, before he sends you the watch back.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Jakub some advice.

Rather than all the needless discussion and evasion if you wish to prove you are an honest person then you will bite the bullet and settle appropriately with either costs or full refund. If that means you take a small loss then so be it. You go back to square one and so does everyone else involved. You can then sort out the specifics of the watch and recover what you can.

That is what any honest person would do without further delay or avoidance. The situation is what it is and thoughts of "fairness" are irrelevent.

When you conduct trade with other parties you accept that things may not go according to plan every time , settle like an gentleman and move on.

Jakub, I have not received any email or PM from you since the last one at 2010 yesterday evening, the one in which you accused me of criminalising you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquavit View Post
    I've heard no more from Jakub and don't expect to after his parting shot playing the victim card - "aggressive forum, made me a criminal" etc.

Still, at least it has exposed him as the grasping chancer he is and his days are done on this forum and, hopefully, on other forums too if we can spread the word.

Simply looking at the maths of this he's shot himself in the foot; he bought the watch at £1,150, sold at £1,499 - so a profit of £349. If he'd dipped in to his pocket for the Omega rectification he would only be down to the tune of £91. It beggars belief that, for such a small amount, he's chucked his reputation away and severeley impinged his ability to offload the rest of his stock.

Thanks for all the supportive posts, I'll now be sorting this out with Omega and may well collect the watch from Bienne and enjoy a few days in Switzerland at the same time.
    Surely, given the cobbled together watch you received, you don't know how much Jakob stands to lose? Albeit this is a moot point.

Jakub, if you want to guarantee your offer of a full refund is received by Aquavit, just post it here...
    Gray

In the mail I wrote that I will pay the service costs to clean my name.
    Can you check your spam folder perhaps? Instead making me a scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Surely, given the cobbled together watch you received, you don't know how much Jakob stands to lose? Albeit this is a moot point.

Jakub, if you want to guarantee your offer of a full refund is received by Aquavit, just post it here...
    Yes of course gray, you are correct - I was doing the sums on the basis that the watch Jakub sold to me was the one he bought from SimonH, which of course it wasn't. But that's the story that Jakub has presented and he repeatedly says that he cannot explain why I received a different watch from him.

In the mail I wrote that I will pay the service costs to clean my name.
    Can you check your spam folder perhaps? Instead making me a scammer.
    Have a word with yourself. Do you think people still for for the "I did send an email" line? It's amazing how many of your emails aren't getting through.

Every post you make, every action you've taken to this point just paints you in a more shady way.

Give the guy a full refund and get lost.

I hope you see the truth now.

Jakub

You really should have done this at the start

I will accept payment in full for the service costs of £440 but I will not stop the thread or remove any references to yourself.

I don’t see any bullshit to this, I have simply presented the facts.

Regards
    Stephen- Skrýt citovaný text -

On 8 May 2015, at 07:59, JG wrote:

Hello Stephen,

I agree to pay for the service costs. Trying to be helping is one thing, but now I have to protect my name from all the bullshit which came around.
    My only condition is stopping the thread and removing the references to my name. I hope you understand that and will help me with that.
    I have already asked Eddie to deactivate my account.

Jakub
    Last edited by jakubisko; 8th May 2015 at 11:31.

Jakub, I have received and replied to your email.

Jakub has made an offer to pay the service costs but only on condition that this thread is discontinued and any reference to himself is removed. Of course it's not within my powers to do that.

I have advised Jakub that I will only accept his offer if it is unconditional.

Edit to add: looks like he beat me to it! When in a hole ..............
    Last edited by Aquavit; 8th May 2015 at 11:33. Reason: Events dear boy

Craftsman

Obviously that is his clame because he pointed his finger to seller B

when a problem arose about the movementnumber.....If he didn't claim it was the same watch, then why did he give up the name of the seller whom supposedly sold it to him ......
    Very bad form indeed and I for one would be totally p!ssed by such dishonesty, especially on this forum...

Guillermo

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Just for clarification from the OP.

How did it come about that you thought this was the same watch as sold by seller B? The person who sold you the watch never claimed this in his advert and the watch was clearly a different one.

Different claimed year and different and visible serial number in his photo.

Mitch

Apprentice
    Amazing similarities with the other "not so honest seller" thread. Does not acknowledge fault, does not give any explanation, does not come clean to say what exactly he did and now seeing that his days as a dealer are gone wants to pay for the service to clear his name.

By his own words if he pays the service "he will be on zero" meaning all his profit from the watch will be gone, while that sounds OK to most of you but in dealer terms that is actually a loss because he didn't do any profit. He lost the profit he made on the watch, buying it from one member for a low price, swapping the movement and selling it for quite the profit. And along that he also got a more recent and serviced movement for free. Can you believe this guy?!

I would not accept money for servicing the watch as this will always remain a franken watch. Period.

Googling his username and adding the word Rolex or Omega will give quite a lot of threads almost on every watch forum in the world. I wonder what other watches of his had this special treatment?! Almost anything can be exchanged for a non genuine or swapped for a different era part, essentially ruining the future value of the watch.

So you DID received my email.
    It is true, that I still can´t explain the switch. Now I am sure that the watch you have is not from SimonH (Please take my apology for dragging you into this). I am awaiting you account number Stephen. And who else now have the power to end this discussion? I think it is you.

Apprentice
    As it seems certain Jakubisko from the Czech republic has been selling FAKE ROLEX parts on Replica forums. I imagine he was buying as well. So perhaps swapping them later with genuine watches bought from this forum and reselling them back to the same member claiming provenance?!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...h&client=opera

And somebody bought a Daytona off this guy?!

He's acknowledged that he has received your most recent email but not your claimed previous, how hard is that to understand?

As far as ending this discussion, you had the capability to do that with your first reply on this thread but you elected to post a smoke and mirror reply so this discussion is where it's at because of you and no one else.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dox7321 View Post
    As it seems certain Jakubisko from the Czech republic has been selling FAKE ROLEX parts on Replica forums. I imagine he was buying as well. So perhaps swapping them later with genuine watches bought from this forum and reselling them back to the same member claiming provenance?!

And somebody bought a Daytona off this guy?!
    Scumbag, I almost bought his MG. He asked me to pay into a count in a country he didn't reside in put me off.

Master
    Blog Entries
    So you DID received my email.
    It is true, that I still can´t explain the switch. Now I am sure that the watch you have is not from SimonH (Please take my apology for dragging you into this). I am awaiting you account number Stephen. And who else now have the power to end this discussion? I think it is you.
    Eddie is the only person who can lock/delete a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dox7321 View Post
    As it seems certain Jakubisko from the Czech republic has been selling FAKE ROLEX parts on Replica forums.
    Just the let you know, the rolexreplicaforums.com is fake itself.
    Here is the proof, that your colleague posted here.

Stephen, I am still waiting for your answer.

Apprentice

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dox7321; 8th May 2015 at 12:40.

Having read most of the posts.

I was pleased to see that mention about Watch Turf had been included.

From very early on, if my memory serves me correctly, members on that forum were challenging his adverts!!

He states that he is not a dealer, well if I had as many FS, as he does then, I would certainly declare myself as one!!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to his TURF membership:

http://www.newturfers.com/vb/member/34291-jakubl

Interesting and perhaps very appt, to see that his avatar is one of a Doberman!!

I see from looking at TURF, there is no mention of this thread. i wonder if Tony (Learningtofly) is aware.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post

From very early on, if my memory serves me correctly, members on that forum were challenging his adverts!!

He states that he is not a dealer, well if I had as many FS, as he does then, I would certainly declare myself as one!!!!!!!!!

Interesting and perhaps very appt, to see that his avatar is one of a Doberman!!

I see from looking at TURF, there is no mention of this thread. i wonder if Tony (Learningtofly) is aware.
    Apparently different Jakub.
    I made the same mistake.

Jakub, yes I DID receive your email at 12:21 to which, as you know, I swiftly replied.

In the meantime I have been cutting the grass, but just now I have sent my account details over to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post

I am aware, but we've established that this is a different Jakub. As an aside, there was an investigation into JakubL by Watch Turf mods, but all was considered fine at the end of that process.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 8th May 2015 at 13:05.

Apprentice
    How is this fake?!

Just the let you know, the rolexreplicaforums.com is fake itself.
    Here is the proof, that your colleague posted here.

Stephen, I am still waiting for your answer.
    Except that the link I posted and pictured was to www.rolexforums.com and not rolexreplicaforums.com:

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    So...despite the name...this is not you on www.rolexforums.com:

...? Noting that the last activity was in March 2015.

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I am aware, but we've established that this is a different Jakub. As an aside, there was a fair bit on investigation into JakubL by Watch Turf mods, but all was considered fine at the end of that process.
    Thanks Tony for quickly clarifying my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I am aware, but we've established that this is a different Jakub. As an aside, there was an investigation into JakubL by Watch Turf mods, but all was considered fine at the end of that process.
    I can add that JakubL has an excellent reputation on Finnish forums. I'd hate to see his good rep suffer unjustly because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Except that the link I posted and pictured was to www.rolexforums.com and not rolexreplicaforums.com:
    Am I missing something?
    Have you tried to access the other one? Does it seems to you as a valid website?

Stephen, the I have transferred the money for the service to you. (you have details of the payment in mail).
    Please take my apology for the problems I caused you. It was not my interest, I am not a fraud!

I am also very disappointed by those who wanted to frame me. Hope now it will settle down and this witch-hunt on me is over. I also please everyone who disclosed my details to delete them. Or not, it is up to your conscience. I never wanted to turn back from the issue.

Jakub

Master
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried to access the other one? Does it seems to you as a valid website?

Stephen, the I have transferred the money for the service to you. (you have details of the payment in mail).
    Please take my apology for the problems I caused you. It was not my interest, I am not a fraud!

I am also very disappointed by those who wanted to frame me. Hope now it will settle down and this witch-hunt on me is over. I also please everyone who disclosed my details to delete them. Or not, it is up to your conscience. I never wanted to turn back from the issue.

Jakub
    Well done ... the lesson here is to do the right thing at the right time ...

Jakub
    I'm rather more concerned about the valid site and your claims not to be sites other than TZ-UK...and that was the point of my post. After making various claims that were (and are still) questionable you shouldn't be surprised that you are held to account. That is in no way an attempt to frame you. You can only be framed for things you have not done.

Well done for, hopefully, having reached and made good on a settlement with the OP.

Apprentice
    The Rolex replica site was deleted hence it is not available but google cache has some data saved so your name turns up for selling Fake Rolex parts.

While you have paid for the service of a franken watch, you have not explained why you switched a movement and pointed a finger to implicate another member.

I guess having access to the sales section here and on other forums it's very important to you.

Banned
    Well, I am glad that the OP is getting the watch serviced. I am however a bit mystified as to why he did not simply give it back to Jakub for a full refund. In this case that would seem reasonable, no loss to Jakub apart from the postage costs.

I hope it all works out well.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Well, I am glad that the OP is getting the watch serviced. I am however a bit mystified as to why he did not simply give it back to Jakub for a full refund. In this case that would seem reasonable, no loss to Jakub apart from the postage costs.

I hope it all works out well.
    Perhaps Jakup did not want the watch back, at the moment he is only down his profit on the deal. Where as if he has the watch back he will have to service it, and still have the hassle of selling a watch with a dodgey reputation.
    Last edited by hilly10; 8th May 2015 at 19:41.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Perhaps Jakup did not want the watch back, at the moment he is only down his profit on the deal. Where as if he has the watch back he will have to service it, and still have the hassle of selling a watch with a dodgey reputation.
    I think you are right. I hope that the OP is satisfied. What happens when and if he decides to sell it? It might not be easy, given the history of the watch. This is one of the reasons why I would not have wanted the watch if I was in the OP's shoes.
    Last edited by GrandS; 8th May 2015 at 19:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I can add that JakubL has an excellent reputation on Finnish forums. I'd hate to see his good rep suffer unjustly because of this.
    I have bought a watch from jakubL and found him to be completely trustworthy

Master
    I hope any refund from jakubisko isn't a bouncing cheque (see what I did there?)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    I have bought a watch from jakubL and found him to be completely trustworthy
    Have you taken the back off and checked inside? Or in the vein of the previous post Czeched inside?
    Last edited by Padders; 8th May 2015 at 20:34.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Have you taken the back off and checked inside? Or in the vein of the previous post Czeched inside?
    Not this again!
    JakubL and Jakubisko are two different guys!

What happens when and if he decides to sell it? It might not be easy, given the history of the watch. This is one of the reasons why I would not have wanted the watch if I was in the OP's shoes.

The watch will have a 2-year Omega warranty and be fully serviced/cleaned/tested and have matching serial numbers, with Omega cards and paperwork to back it all up. I would have no problem whatsoever buying this watch with all that documentation

Craftsman
    I'm glad OP has sorted this out and this thread is fun to read... half of the participants are confusing 2 different identities (jakubisko vs. JakubL). I bet JakubL is going to be quite happy about halfwits not reading through the whole thread and spreading the story of him selling a dodgy watch.. Happy days, buying off the sales corner never was as much adrenaline :)

Banned
    I think you are right. I hope that the OP is satisfied. What happens when and if he decides to sell it? It might not be easy, given the history of the watch. This is one of the reasons why I would not have wanted the watch if I was in the OP's shoes.
    Why get your frillies in a twist? you have already stated that you would never buy anything on SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

The watch will have a 2-year Omega warranty and be fully serviced/cleaned/tested and have matching serial numbers, with Omega cards and paperwork to back it all up. I would have no problem whatsoever buying this watch with all that documentation
    Well said, why would the OP want to return the watch, he'll end up with a very nice watch that he wanted, with a 2 year warranty to boot. Whatever the truth only one person will know, but based on the £440 to rectify the situation I would say fair play to Jakub on that count.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Why get your frillies in a twist? you have already stated that you would never buy anything on SC.
    No, figuring out which of the sellers are good, bad or ugly is just too much work. I congratulate Jakub on the sainthood that forum members have awarded to him. May he sell many watches. They should be fine, as long as you czech them carefully...

Master
    No, figuring out which of the sellers are good, bad or ugly is just too much work. I congratulate Jakub on the sainthood that forum members have awarded to him. May he sell many watches. They should be fine, as long as you czech them carefully...
    Get your own joke. I already used that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Get your own joke. I already used that one.
    Czech mate!

Now that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Now that's funny.
    That's the first laugh I've had from this thread!

Craftsman
    It blows my mind how the geniuses of this forum appear to think anyone called Jakob on a watch forum is the same person.