closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car parking at Bristol Airport

Car parking at Bristol Airport

I'll be flying out from Bristol Airport on the 19th of July and returning on the 23rd. So looking to park for the duration.
    Any recommendations of parking companies or warnings of ones to avoid will be much appreciated.

I parked near the airport last week for 8 days. Just down the road from the pub. Very happy with the service and saved a small fortune. I'll dig out the details later.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    I parked near the airport last week for 8 days. Just down the road from the pub. Very happy with the service and saved a small fortune. I'll dig out the details later.

Thank you Steve. Is that walkable to the airport (I've never been to Bristol airport before)?
    I've just googled and official airport parking with key drop off is £104 so I'll use that as my comparison point with other options.

Yes. Walkable in 10 minutes or so with a suitcase etc. Well organised and good value compared to what rhe airport charges.

Yes. Walkable in 10 minutes or so with a suitcase etc. Well organised and good value compared to what rhe airport charges.

Thanks Stev but not sure the Mrs will be into that, we got truly soaked at Cardiff Airport a few years ago saving money on parking. Had to ask for carrier bags in the airport shops to put the wet clothes into after changing to dry ones from our suitcases. My how we laughed.

I used the Your Parking Space website and used St Katherine's Car Park. Very friendly easy to access etc, but yes a short walk to the airport which myself and Mrs Red Steve had no problem with.

Thank you, although the fact that Bristol is one of the more expensive airports for parking is a moot point as that's where I'm flying from.

Craftsman
    I recommend opting for onsite parking in the multi-storey car park, even if it means paying a bit extra. From there, it's just a 5-minute walk to the terminal.

Avoid Silver Zone parking altogether.

One year, my wife booked Silver Zone car parking to save £50, but it turned out to be a bad decision. We drove in, parked the car, and then had to wait in line for 20 minutes to drop off the car key, before boarding a bus. It took two buses before we could get on the third bus and make our way to the airport. Took us over an hour to get to the airport from the moment we parked the car at the Silver Zone parking.

Then on return, walking out the arrivals door with luggage in hand and thinking “WTF” is that massive que about, only to realise it is the one for the bus back to the Silver Zone parking.

I caveat that; this was many years ago and the situation could have changed and I have not tried the off site parking companies.

I used the Your Parking Space website and used St Katherine's Car Park. Very friendly easy to access etc, but yes a short walk to the airport which myself and Mrs Red Steve had no problem with.

Thanks Steve, comes in at £47.50, quite a saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper85 View Post
    I recommend opting for onsite parking in the multi-storey car park, even if it means paying a bit extra. From there, it's just a 5-minute walk to the terminal.

Avoid Silver Zone parking altogether.

One year, my wife booked Silver Zone car parking to save £50, but it turned out to be a bad decision. We drove in, parked the car, and then had to wait in line for 20 minutes to drop off the car key, before boarding a bus. It took two buses before we could get on the third bus and make our way to the airport. Took us over an hour to get to the airport from the moment we parked the car at the Silver Zone parking.

Then on return, walking out the arrivals door with luggage in hand and thinking “WTF” is that massive que about, only to realise it is the one for the bus back to the Silver Zone parking.

I caveat that; this was many years ago and the situation could have changed and I have not tried the off site parking companies.
    Thanks for that, the multistorey comes in at £37 more than silver zone. On top of £1500 for the break its not a lot of difference considering the convenience.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We tend to use Oakwood & they drop you at the airport in the minibus

Master
    Multi-storey is convenient, silver is ok if you don’t mind a short bus ride.

If your car is not clean air zone compliant be wary about which way you approach the airport. There’s a section as you come under the suspension bridge on the A4 which is catching out a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Multi-storey is convenient, silver is ok if you don’t mind a short bus ride.

If your car is not clean air zone compliant be wary about which way you approach the airport. There’s a section as you come under the suspension bridge on the A4 which is catching out a lot of people.
    Thank you. Just got a price through the airline and the multistorey comes in about the same price as the silver zone booking direct. Car is ulez compliant (Suzuki Ignis hybrid).
    I'm looking more for convenience and ease rather than saving money as its our first holiday since 2019 for various reasons and its for my wife's 60th, so just want everything to be as smooth and stress free as possible.
    The multistorey cuts out potential problems like shuttle buses full etc.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 30th April 2024 at 13:35.

Thank you everyone for your advice and recommendations.
    Oakwood, St.Katherines Farm etc will save a good few bucks, and if I was a frequent flyer I'd be looking at one of these. But it is a very special holiday for us and the first for years, so the ease and convenience (for about fifty quid more) of the multistorey option is going to be my choice.
    As an aside, having not travelled for 5 years, and the changes that have come in since due to the B word, how many hours before departure would you recommend arriving at the airport? Thank you in advance for any advice.

it depends on your flight time Bristol can be very busy before 8am. It then quietens out until lunchtime in my experience, the problem has been with security and the bottle necks it caused but seems to have improved some what. Fast Track Security is available for a charge.

Master
    Always a fan of any key drop off / collection parking when I used to travel lots & saves time for work. No direct Bristol experience but many others - it’s just convenient, quick and good value for money IMHO.

A new boss tried to manage costs and have me use purple parking, that happened once as the whole pick up / drop off each way was almost longer than the flight, so refused to waste my time with that.

One time will always stick in my head; my wife approached a random man in the car park and asked if he was waiting for our car. Luckily he was honest as she would have given the keys over & we would know nothing for 2 weeks lol.

Master
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1860...er/1649260198/

This guy advertises on one of my local f/b pages - I've never used him so I am merely giving a heads up.

£65 for a weeks parking on his driveway, and he'll drop you off at the airport which is a 10 minute walk away.
    Last edited by catflem; 30th April 2024 at 14:48.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    it depends on your flight time Bristol can be very busy before 8am. It then quietens out until lunchtime in my experience, the problem has been with security and the bottle necks it caused but seems to have improved some what. Fast Track Security is available for a charge.
    It's 12:15, after some googling I'm thinking a 9am arrival should be okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    It's 12:15, after some googling I'm thinking a 9am arrival should be okay?
    That will be ample time. The process of checking in, security etc is very efficient given my personal experience 10 days ago.

That will be ample time. The process of checking in, security etc is very efficient given my personal experience 10 days ago.

Cheers Steve, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by catflem View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1860...er/1649260198/

This guy advertises on one of my local f/b pages - I've never used him so I am merely giving a heads up.

£65 for a weeks parking on his driveway, and he'll drop you off at the airport which is a 10 minute walk away.
    Thanks for the heads up. But for 40 quid more I'll use the insured official carpark 5 minutes walk away.
    If I used the airport on a regular basis like my brother in law who has a pad on Corfu does, I'd definitely be looking into an arrangement like this though.