closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: nepal

nepal

I know a lot of people in nepal. I go there pretty much every year. I have heard that most people I know are ok. They are all sleeping outside though because the buildings are unsafe . I have not heard from my friend Jamie though. Hes a good friend and we have known each other more than 23 years. I hope he is ok !

I know how you feel Dave,
    Went through the same thoughts and worry about some very good business friends last year in the Philippines after their terrible earthquake and storms.
    Hope he turns up well and safe.

Andy

I'm deploying to Nepal tomorrow with a Search and Rescue team.

Not sure what awaits us outside of Kathmandu and getting in to the country will be hard as Kathmandu airport is closed at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

Not sure what awaits us outside of Kathmandu and getting in to the country will be hard as Kathmandu airport is closed at the moment.
    Good luck mate. Take care, stay safe .
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman

good luck. I'm struggling to get information out of the country from Nepali friends...it's clearly awful. I'm expecting to hear of people I know who have perished sadly... :(

Grand Master
    Had an amazing Dinner with Ghurkhas last night to celebrate 200 years and members of the band and mess had lost grandparents that day, very sad. On a positive note we had the pleasure of Johnson Beharry VC & Diprassad Pun CGC, now thats a citation to read!

RIAC

Craftsman

Good luck, I hope it goes as well as it can do. Spent some time in in that fantastic country and can't imagine what's left of old Kathmandu and the surrounding villages. The people are fantastic and need as much help as the world can give. I hope the UK pulls out everything it can given the support their people have given us over the years. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Naesuk View Post
    Good luck, I hope it goes as well as it can do. Spent some time in in that fantastic country and can't imagine what's left of old Kathmandu and the surrounding villages. The people are fantastic and need as much help as the world can give. I hope the UK pulls out everything it can given the support their people have given us over the years. All the best.
    The cultural devastation is massive. The big historic sites in Kathmandu valley such as patan and bhaktapur have suffered a lot of damage. Durbar square has also been badlt hit. Infrastructure in Nepal is sketchy at the best of times, and it's hard to see how they are going to recover. This in addition to the massive loss of life. The situation in Kathmandu valley is bad , people are having to sleep outside and it has been raining heavily. there have been many aftershocks . sure the situation in rural areas that have been affected is much worse as many are so remote that getting help to them is going to take along time. Monsoon season is just over a month away. If this wasn't bad enough the seismologists are now saying that the recent bout of quakes has only released about 5% of the energy stored between tectonic plates in the area
    Last edited by seikopath; 27th April 2015 at 07:59.

i was optimistic yesterday but news is filtering in from remote areas and i am gutted. the nepali government is also more or less incapable of coordinating any relief effort.

Master
    We have heard that the team my cousin is guiding on Everest and they are all OK. Fortunately they are on the North Side.

Thoughts are with those whose families were not so lucky....

news just in that jomsom, the main city of mustang is 50% destroyed and with both bridges over the kali gandaki river down as well things aren't looking good for getting sufficient help and supplies to the area

Fresh tremors in nepal this morning, big ones. I can't imagine how frightening that must be.

Appears to be a lot closer to Everest this time and at 7.4 a pretty bad one too.

Apparently the one a couple of weeks was 7.8 and look what that did. I have a very bad feeling there will be further sad news following this at 7.4

Unfortunately, or fortunately, whichever way you view it, there isnīt much more that can be destroyed by further quakes. My thoughts are with the people of Nepal, hope there are no further casualties.

For those interested in what actually happens when a Rescue Team deploys to a disaster the link below shows pictures taken from our recent deployment to Nepal:

https://youtu.be/8iAMeGLUTv0

For those interested in what actually happens when a Rescue Team deploys to a disaster the link below shows pictures taken from our recent deployment to Nepal:

https://youtu.be/8iAMeGLUTv0
    Very moving images. I take my hat off to you. Matthew