closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn 144 - any owners here?

Craftsman

Sinn 144 - any owners here?

Hey guys. Thinking really strongly about this one but wondering how it wears on smaller wrists. Mine are about 16,5cm so on the smaller side...

Thanks,
    J.

Craftsman
    You really need to try one to be sure. I wear a Sinn 142 which is bigger (44mm v 41mm diameter) with 18cm wrists and it's a good fit in my opinion (and lack of lugs like the 144 means it wears smaller in my mind)

The possible bigger challenge might be the height of the watch. 14.5mm sits quite high on the wrist (comparatively). Best bet would be to find one to try out.

I have one and have equally small wrists, it wears fine imo. The only fault I could find is the bracelet, could never get the right fit.

It is tall but not too tall if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by kace; 24th April 2015 at 00:24.

Treat yourself, get the Orfina Porsche Design that the Sinn is so clearly a hommage of. It won't cost you any more either.
    D

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    I have one and have equally small wrists, it wears fine imo. The only fault I could find is the bracelet, could never get the right fit.

It is tall but not too tall if you know what I mean.
    Any wristshots? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Treat yourself, get the Orfina Porsche Design that the Sinn is so clearly a hommage of. It won't cost you any more either.
    D
    I am more inclined towards the 144 GMT so the Orfina wont do in this regard but I agree, they are really nice. Especially those with the PVD coating.

Craftsman
    I've been looking at these myself.
    There is a video of the 144 on the Page and Cooper website which shows the watch on a sub 7" wrist.
    Lots of variants with a Lemania movement in the older 157, the Porsche as has been mentioned, it's a pretty generic style watch case.

Master
    I had a titanium 144 GMT and absolutely loved it. This is the only wrist-shot I can find. I found it wore fine on my 6.5 wrist..

My wrist size is roughly similar, and my Porsche Design was a great fit. Don't have any wrist shots unfortunately.

My old one

No wrist shots, but they certainly don't wear very large
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

They wear small due to lack of lugs but quite tall IMHO.

Craftsman
    At 14,50mm they are as small as they can get with a 7750 based watch. In comparison the 103 with sapphire top/bottom is nearly 17mm tall.

Quote Originally Posted by vekslak View Post
    I am more inclined towards the 144 GMT so the Orfina wont do in this regard but I agree, they are really nice. Especially those with the PVD coating.
    That is a perfectly good point (2 of them in fact)

Master
    I have very thin wrists like 6 inches, but the 144 wears small i feel, fits really good!

Craftsman
    144 owners, help please. Sorry to hijack but another thread seemed pointless.

So I'm looking at the 144 as a daily wear as I've just sold my SMP, I also wanted a chrono in my stable. I'm in two minds though as I've just bought a Planet Ocean and to spend another chunk so quickly even with the SMP money seems frivolous.
    Is the 144 a good contender for a daily work watch (mainly sat at a desk with some warehouse work in between), does that blasted bracelet and case mark easily? Is that 14.5mm height a problem?
    Kace, you mention a problem with the bracelet, I have problems with most bracelets, even the half link on the PO doesn't make a perfect fit for me. Is it uncomfortable or just not quite snug?

I love the "tool" look the 144 has and Sinn watches do have an air of quality German engineering about them but are there any alternatives I should consider?

Thanks in advance.

The 144 is basically the old Porsche Design watch and a stonking design in my book.

I've considered one for a LONG time, but something similar this way comes

I've only got a polished Sinn (a 203), but I can't see the blasted finish being terribly delicate, they really do feel like they're made of some kind of extra strong steel!

All 7750 movement watches are quite tall, but I don't find the 203 difficult, personally and as someone said, that's taller.

So, a lot of projected assumptions, but I'll be interested to hear from owners too

M

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    144 owners, help please. Sorry to hijack but another thread seemed pointless.

So I'm looking at the 144 as a daily wear as I've just sold my SMP, I also wanted a chrono in my stable. I'm in two minds though as I've just bought a Planet Ocean and to spend another chunk so quickly even with the SMP money seems frivolous.
    Is the 144 a good contender for a daily work watch (mainly sat at a desk with some warehouse work in between), does that blasted bracelet and case mark easily? Is that 14.5mm height a problem?
    Kace, you mention a problem with the bracelet, I have problems with most bracelets, even the half link on the PO doesn't make a perfect fit for me. Is it uncomfortable or just not quite snug?

I love the "tool" look the 144 has and Sinn watches do have an air of quality German engineering about them but are there any alternatives I should consider?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by snowman; 29th April 2015 at 12:09.

Its more my skinny wrist than the bracelet to be honest. The first link rests against the case which makes the lug to lug longer, this leaves a gap http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9619/sinn144arm.jpg as this (borrowed) picture demonstrates.

Because I had to take so many links out it sort of pinched my wrist on the sides as it came round to the clasp. As long as your wrists aren't like a small child's you should be fine.

I did consider filing a little off the link to allow it to come under case which I think would have solved the problem but decided to pop it on a lumpy style instead which worked out quite well.

As for the case marking, mine came to me used and was in near perfect condition bar a couple of scuffs on the clasp, I'm pretty careful with my watches and haven't added anything. As snowman says they do seem to be made from extra strong steel.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys.
    I've been offered an unused 144.020. I notice the current model is the 144.060.
    I can't find any info on the net but the only differences I can see is the 020 has orange second and sub dial hands instead of red and no display case.
    There are not many on the used market.