closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming

Incoming

After splashing out on a very special watch last summer I thought my buying days were over ! Then about a month later I was seriously ill and in some reflective moments actually thought I would sell the watches as the money in the bank would be more use for my wife ......

A few weeks later I started to feel better and started to enjoy my watches again, but was very happy with my collection and actually started rotating them more frequently and a firm favourite was the rather understated Zenith Pilot Big Date Special that I had acquired from a fellow TZ'er. The brand represents extremely good value for money when compared to many others and is still quite a stealth brand - not that well known outside WIS circles.

I was wearing it last week and there was a thread on Zeniths and I enjoyed seeing several models - the Striking 10th has always been of interest, but there was one watch in that thread that I thought was just gorgeous - the 410 LE.

So was very excited to see a for sale post on SC last Friday for that very watch..... quick deal done with Billy and without further ado present (crappy photos, sorry !) my 2nd Zenith:-

Blog Entries
    Very very nice! Had the tri color 38mm-version without month/day/moon which I liked a lot.

Master
    That's very nice indeed, I like a busy dial, and have recently been hankering after a moon phase complication and Zenith is the brand I keep coming back to, enjoy your new acquisition!

Master
    A beautiful watch, love the Zenith stars at 10 and 2.

A different time and I'd have beaten you to that Dan! Congrats, a really great watch full of useful complications.

Only one Zenith in the box at the moment, the little Pt Hand Wound Elite. They really are a fine watchmaker.

Master
    Nice one, Dan – and good to hear you're alright.

That's beautiful. I also like the Zenith stars at 10 and 2 + at the end of the chronograph seconds hand.

Great looking watch. Gratulation

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    That's beautiful. I also like the Zenith stars at 10 and 2 + at the end of the chronograph seconds hand.
    And the moonphase - absolutely lovely! Thought my fav Zenith was the Captain Moonphase but this runs it close / beats it!

Craftsman
    By the time I saw this on SC I realised I've missed the boat. Congrats, it looks amazing!

I'm going to really regret selling this. It is gorgeous and that dial when seen in the flesh is stunning. The Stars at 10 and 2 really pick up reflect the light too when on the wrist. Enjoy your purchase Daniel and glad you are feeling better. Clichéd, I know, but wear in good health.

Nice Watch,

Big Congrats

Master
    lovely. LOVELY.

I'd say see you in SC soon, but you seem to be a collector rather than a flipper Dan!

Well done you!

Stunning! Well done.