closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Price of a Panerai

Price of a Panerai

As I've not seen one come up for sale for a while, and I've been lusting after a Pam 372 for some time,does anyone have a ball park figure as to what I should expect to have to pay for a used one?
    This is to give me an idea to see how far off I am for putting a wtb in the right section and embarrassing myself.

Master
    I'm pretty sure £4500 is the ballpark on sc. Have you tried one? They're not for girly wristed folk (such as myself )!

Haven't tried one for real,but have had a homage type thing to see if the size works in the past,and it felt ok.
    Wear a 44mm regularly without any issues,being a fat fisted fella helps a bit in this case.

Craftsman
    Have you checked chrono 24. Yes this is prices from dealers but normally secondhand worldwide so should give you an idea. Good luck!

I'd say about £4500 was right. The 372 is an incredible watch well worth that sort of money.

£4500 sounds good and it is a great watch, that extra 3mm and the domed crystal makes a big difference though. try before you buy

I saw one that looked like a 372 in a shop the other day but it had a left hand crown. It was priced at 8700 euros. Any idea what model it was? Stunning thing.

*** ignore me, I think it is the 557 ***
    Last edited by adesmith; 23rd April 2015 at 09:10.

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    I saw one that looked like a 372 in a shop the other day but it had a left hand crown. It was priced at 8700 euros. Any idea what model it was? Stunning thing.

*** ignore me, I think it is the 557 ***
    557 indeed ;-)

great thing about a 372, more beat up it gets, the better it looks

Craftsman
    No idea what they cost now but I love my 372. It's all the Panerai you'll need (though maybe not all the Panerai you'll want :-) )

Quote Originally Posted by mborkow View Post
    No idea what they cost now but I love my 372. It's all the Panerai you'll need (though maybe not all the Panerai you'll want :-) )
    Berry's in Notts had one in the window a couple of weeks back. They were asking £7k. I near fell over.

When I bought mine in 2011 I'm certain it was about £6350. Allegedly production has ceased now and some say its going to be re-released with a domed sapphire crystal instead of plexi!?!? Who knows but its certainly no SE as a lot initially thought first batch N serial was 3500 units, O serial was 2500 and P serial 3000. So a total of 9000 watches! Time will tell.

Well worth that sort of money. I love mine - of one of my only two keepers (the other being my 1964 5513). And I totally agree that they get better with wear.