closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: credor thoughts.

Craftsman

credor thoughts.

Just back from Tokyo and just wanted to write a quick post about the watches I saw.
    I went watch hunting one afternoon and in particular wanted to see what JDM Seiko watches I could find. Apart from the usual grand Seiko watches, I was also lucky enough to get my hands on some Seiko galante watches. These if you didn't see Java's write up a few months ago are insane looking but beautiful and the quality is impressive.
    I was able to handle and try on some credor watches in particular this model

I have to say that I was slightly underwhelmed. The dial was a work of art and the build quality was undoubtedly high. But I didnt find them a step large step up from the GS models I handled.
    Don't get me wrong they are beautiful but may be its the fact that they are almost impossible to handle here, and that In my head, I had built them up to mythical levels but I feels I might be missing something.
    Any thoughts opinions welcome, anyone else felt something different when handling a credor.
    Please this is not a Seiko bashing post. I love Seiko and I'm wearing my mm300 while typing this so don't want it to descend into the usual.

Banned

From what Inhave seen so far, I wouldn't wear one even if Piaf to wear it. Every time I see one, my response is -Yuck!!

not for me get a Seiko

Master
    Credor isn't supposed to be step up from Grand Seikos, they're on a par with one another, bar just a couple of models.
    The difference between the two lines is the design language, bejewelling, and movement decoration decoration. Some movements are bespoke to the Credor line, especially hand wound.
    You can't really malign the whole line, including past discontinued models, based on one specific model.

Master
    Definitely High end pieces

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Definitely High end pieces

I've never seen a watch with an artex dial before

The one in the OP is rather nice - but am I right in thinking it's an odd shaped movement or is it just the shape of the glass in the display back?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stoat View Post

The one in the OP is rather nice - but am I right in thinking it's an odd shaped movement or is it just the shape of the glass in the display back?
    I'm pretty sure it's just the glass back shape.
    It was a beauty in the flesh but just missed something extra, an intangible I was looking for. May be it was just the models I handled that didn't do it for me.

Having recently handled a few GS, Galante and Credor watches in NY I would say that they are all top top quality - they just appeal to different tastes.

The Credor Grand Sonnerie most certainly comes under the label of 'high end'.....

Craftsman
    I love the detail on the dial!