closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sapphire mens ring

Banned

Sapphire mens ring

This is not a wanted add, I am thinking of a Sapphire ring for myself about 5ct sapphire or above set in 9 or 18 gold size Z+4 I have been to a few jewellers I know it will have to be made, what kind if ball park price would I be looking at, I no little or nothing about what I want to purchase, I have the feeling the price could be loaded against me as I am novice buyer.

Oval and like diamond cut about 1cm in area.
    Last edited by Fords; 18th April 2015 at 16:56.

Have a look at the Harriet kelsall website. They make jewellery to your spec. I've used them once before and was very happy with the whole process. Lots of pictures of previous stuff to care prices.

£300-£50,000

The sapphire quality will change the price hugely.
    Get them to show you stones and pick the one you like and are happy with the price.

You want an even colour with no zoning, no visible inclusions to the naked eye (a minimum) and also make sure the stone is not glass filled or beryllium treated.

Expect all sapphires to be heat treated unless they come with a certificate to show they are not, but this will be big money. Also expect no jewellers you use to know they are heat treated and few will know thensoirce location of the stone, again unless you spend serious money.

Once you have settled on a stone I would look at mounts or for them to design a mount based on its size and shape.