closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is your Bezel very stiff? Oooer, Missus...

North Londoner, exiled in Leicestershire...

Is your Bezel very stiff? Oooer, Missus...

I'm sure lots of you guys will know this, but it's a neat little fix for a stiff bezel....

I've just picked up a very smart Bentley GT, about 6 years old, and it's in lovely condition - but the bezel was extremely difficult to turn, in either direction. As the GT has multiple uses for its rotating outer bezel, not ideal...

Basically, over a period of time, a certain amount of 'gunk' will accumulate and harden between the bezel and the bezel gasket, causing the problem.

The solution - simple but I'd never have thought of it - Dental Floss!

Take a decent 8-10 inch length of dental floss, slide it under the bezel, wrap it about 3/4 of the way round the head, then 'pull and push' the floss, which should clear out the gunk! Considering the gap is so thin, it's amazing how much muck can get in there!

I'd suggest using a standard floss rather than one that's impregnated with that flavouring stuff - actually, I guess it rather depends if you want a 'minty' watch or not...sorry about that...

I've just done this on the GT, and the bezel now turns exactly as it should - bidirectionally, with a decent resistance, but without the probable embolism as you try to turn it....

Anyway, I guess this might help somebody down the line, hope so.

Cheers,

Mike

Minty sminty as they say...

Master
    I'll certainly try that - for some reason the bezel on every Seiko I've owned ends up as being too stiff to turn, and I'm too mean to take to a repairer to get them fixed!

Grand Master
    Sounds like a good idea to get the dirt loose.

Assuming the watch is still waterproof, immersing it in hand-hot detergent solution and turning the bezel can help.

Paul