closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on the JLC Reverso?

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
    Thanks! :)

Re:changes- https://www.hodinkee.com/blog/five-t...o-daniel-riedo

There is part of me that would love them to do a model with a reverse face like this concept:
    Ah yes I remember it now. I wonder if radical will actually mean 'radical' in the case of the reverso but I guess we'll see. Either way it sounds like the right time to buy a classic just in case.
    Last edited by Strnglwhank; 22nd September 2015 at 20:49.

I Love the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duo face and have declared in dramatic fashion to the wife this is my grail watch and will be the next purchase. Unfortunately emigrating and massive job uncertainty means it's a long way off, well a new one is but a 2nd hand one my be possible in the future. I'm not keen on the "normal" Reverso Duo though, i don't like the font of the numbers used on the faces. They look a bit cheap and boring to me when compared to the rest of the face(s) of the watch.

I've just been on the JLC website and see they now do a boutique version of the Ultra Thin Duoface. Oh my god that is a beautiful watch

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I Love the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duo face and have declared in dramatic fashion to the wife this is my grail watch and will be the next purchase. Unfortunately emigrating and massive job uncertainty means it's a long way off, well a new one is but a 2nd hand one my be possible in the future. I'm not keen on the "normal" Reverso Duo though, i don't like the font of the numbers used on the faces. They look a bit cheap and boring to me when compared to the rest of the face(s) of the watch.

I've just been on the JLC website and see they now do a boutique version of the Ultra Thin Duoface. Oh my god that is a beautiful watch
    With the blue front dial and white on the reverse? Yes...a very nice looking thing

^^^ I tried it on and it was lovely but I thought the 1931 just looked better. I also tried on the green dial 'London' version which was amazing but the engraving, whilst beautiful, meant nothing to me since I am not a Londoner.

Also, I fancied the 'proper' reverso as opposed to the duoface since I doubted I would ever use the alternate dial. Who knows maybe I'll get that one as well in the future or whatever the 'radical' new version of it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    With the blue front dial and white on the reverse? Yes...a very nice looking thing
    Thats the very one, I may have to sell an organ!!! Any idea what they are going for?

Quote Originally Posted by Strnglwhank View Post
    ^^^ I tried it on and it was lovely but I thought the 1931 just looked better. I also tried on the green dial 'London' version which was amazing but the engraving, whilst beautiful, meant nothing to me since I am not a Londoner.

Also, I fancied the 'proper' reverso as opposed to the duoface since I doubted I would ever use the alternate dial. Who knows maybe I'll get that one as well in the future or whatever the 'radical' new version of it will be.
    I had this conversation with the AD in York on Saturday but my Reverso MUST have two dials, it's what I first saw in 1998 and what I've been wanting ever since, though I was really tempted by the Grande Date because of the 8 day movement. If I bought one with a solid back I would then feel compelled to have a Mucha woman engraved on it, bringing the added cost and even worse, the impossible decision of which woman that should be, I like so many of them!!

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Thats the very one, I may have to sell an organ!!! Any idea what they are going for?
    Not entirely sure, but I reckon that they are the same cost as the standard white front dialled verson based on the US site, and the fact that the green dialled boutique 1931 is the same price as a standard one depite being limited to about 25 pieces

Not entirely sure, but I reckon that they are the same cost as the standard white front dialled verson based on the US site, and the fact that the green dialled boutique 1931 is the same price as a standard one depite being limited to about 25 pieces
    The green one was £1k over standard at the Bond Street boutique.

The green one was £1k over standard at the Bond Street boutique.
    Oh, my mistake...I thought all these coloured 1931s were £6800...turns out the red is £6100

Blog Entries
    Did have this one for a while. Don't know why I didn't keep it. Grande date - manual wind 8 day

Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    ...with the black Casa Fagliano strap, and I love it:

For years I wanted a Reverso, but it was always a case of too much this, not enough that, etc. Simply put, there were too many choices, none of which pushed every button for me. Until the TTR 1931 was released, that is.

The moment I set my eyes on it, I knew that I had finally found "my" Reverso. It was slim, time-only, manual-wind, generously lumed and it sported a solid caseback for engraving. It was perfect. Or so I thought. Then they dropped the US Edition on us, with its syringe hands, aged lume, perfectly replicated "Reverso" font and delightful Casa Fagliano cordovan leather strap...

Boom, as they say.

Regards,
    Adam

Oh such a lovely watch! That would be the reverso for me. I find it strange that JLC is not mentioned anywhere on the 1931 dial though. Very subtle.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Arghhh this thread has got me thinking about a reverso now! Had the rose 8 day from lewis on this thread, now in good hands. Miss it really, great watch. might try to see if bond street has the green dial 1931 to try. Like the green and limited to 26 sounds good, wonder if they have sold out yet.

Craftsman
    Ah yes I remember it now. I wonder if radical will actually mean 'radical' in the case of the reverso but I guess we'll see. Either way it sounds like the right time to buy a classic just in case.
    Do not quote me, but i sincerely doubt that they will change anything fundamental about the Reverso, it probably just mean a new version. JLC knows that part of the Reversos success is because of its squared case so they really do not have room for 'radical' changes in my opinion.

Please do not make that digital thingy, that is not JLC places. (for the person who requested that one, look at Rosendahl Watch II, it looks somewhat similar)

Journeyman
    Reverso's are stunning - I especially like the duo face, but with the most art deco markers (i.e. not arabic numerals). Gorgeous.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Arghhh this thread has got me thinking about a reverso now! Had the rose 8 day from lewis on this thread, now in good hands. Miss it really, great watch. might try to see if bond street has the green dial 1931 to try. Like the green and limited to 26 sounds good, wonder if they have sold out yet.
    ... reply / thread recently on Purists suggests they've all gone :-(

think the red / Rouge is still just about findable though..

al

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by alslater View Post
    ... reply / thread recently on Purists suggests they've all gone :-(

think the red / Rouge is still just about findable though..

al
    Any idea where a red/rouge would be available?!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, my mistake...I thought all these coloured 1931s were £6800...turns out the red is £6100
    Where are you seeing the price for the reverso rouge?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    Any idea where a red/rouge would be available?!

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you seeing the price for the reverso rouge?
    ... That was list through boutique which they were a special for... One on chrono24 currently at just under 8k ukp .... May be still available through jlc boutiques ..? (There was one cheaper one a couple of months back - East coast of the US I think..)

al

Craftsman
    I like it bit I think I am slightly young for this style (28) although a very classic design.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lawler View Post
    I like it bit I think I am slightly young for this style (28) although a very classic design.

Sling it on a regimental NATO red / blue (might have been a two piece), I've spotted them like this before and it youths up the watch. You can always swap the leather strap back on for more formal.

If concerned by my suggestion buy a dodgy eBay Armani rectangular face first and try out the look. If appalled it's only cost you £70 or so 😁

Journeyman
    I have yet to find "the perfect Reverso" - that is, so many models are great, but all lack something in my mind. The Reverso tribute to 1931 comes the closest, but it is a bit marred by its size.

However, my father recently bought this Reverso Tribute Duo, and it might have changed my mind. Perhaps there is a perfect Reverso, after all. I love the colours, the hands and indices, the reasonable sizing:

The only thing I don't like so much about the watch is the deployant clasp. The clasp is just too short, and putting the watch on the wrist is almost impossible because of it. The friction mechanism in the deployant leaves also something to be desired, compared to, say, the Omega variant.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Sling it on a regimental NATO red / blue (might have been a two piece), I've spotted them like this before and it youths up the watch. You can always swap the leather strap back on for more formal.

If concerned by my suggestion buy a dodgy eBay Armani rectangular face first and try out the look. If appalled it's only cost you £70 or so 😁
    Maybe I need to give the mate a try. Now to find one...

What does that look like, any pics ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Sling it on a regimental NATO red / blue (might have been a two piece), I've spotted them like this before and it youths up the watch.

Master
    I think the reverso is a timeless classic. I will get one, one day I hope.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    What does that look like, any pics ?
    https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...act=mrc&uact=8

Not sure if this will load up, anyway here goes

Master
    Loving mine,a mid size Quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffon.bj View Post
    I have yet to find "the perfect Reverso" - that is, so many models are great, but all lack something in my mind. The Reverso tribute to 1931 comes the closest, but it is a bit marred by its size.

Does that mean the 1931 is too big? I love the look of it, and although it isn't in stock locally, I have tried a Reverso with equivalent lug length, and 48mm (iirc) is too long. The original 1931 size would be great, but JLC regards that as "girl sized"

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I had a Night/Day with silver guilloche face (day) on a black ostrich strap. Stunning watch which attracted a lot of admirers. I'd have another if I could afford it - perhaps a rose-gold one. They are a watch you love/hate but you don't see a lot of them about (or they are just so discreet)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    That is a stunner.
    I was thinking about a reverso for a while but I didn't like the versions with numerals then I read this review and this version went to the top of the hit list. I visited a number of shops and tried on loads but none of them sang to me. I was in a store and they said that they did have one but in one of their other stores. I went and had lunch and the shop guy came and found me and said that he had the watch bought in from the other store. I tried it on out and it's was a moment! light appeared from the sky and angels began to sing, it was meant to be. I negotiated hard and got within 100USD of the cheapest on Chrono24.

Love it to bits, wear it everyday and it cuts through the sea of Rolex at work (nothing wrong with Rolex) only a few people have noticed it but that's ok with me. The two faces are great, the white one gets the most face time but the black dial is killer at a fancy dinner.

Take the time to find the one you really fancy and try it on.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scorchio View Post
    I was thinking about a reverso for a while but I didn't like the versions with numerals then I read this review and this version went to the top of the hit list. I visited a number of shops and tried on loads but none of them sang to me. I was in a store and they said that they did have one but in one of their other stores. I went and had lunch and the shop guy came and found me and said that he had the watch bought in from the other store. I tried it on out and it's was a moment! light appeared from the sky and angels began to sing, it was meant to be. I negotiated hard and got within 100USD of the cheapest on Chrono24.

Love it to bits, wear it everyday and it cuts through the sea of Rolex at work (nothing wrong with Rolex) only a few people have noticed it but that's ok with me. The two faces are great, the white one gets the most face time but the black dial is killer at a fancy dinner.

Take the time to find the one you really fancy and try it on.

Pic if you can manage

Journeyman

Thoughts on the JLC Reverso?

On the phone at the moment this is just a screen shot from a previous thread where I was trying metal straps (its back on leather now.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by scorchio; 25th February 2017 at 19:50.