I personally have a real love/hate relationship with them. Bought my first one about 5-6 years ago, classic black dial brand new and loved it for a day or 2 then it really didn't interest me and I sold it on. Last year got another hankering for a Daytona and loved the WG racing dial but without selling a few watches wasn't in a position to be able to afford one of those so I picked up a classic Black daytona, 5 years old and found a racing dial off TRF and had it fitted so it looked like a WG but then I kept having the feeling I was wearing a fake/franken which it was, got it put back to how it was and managed to get what I'd spent back.

Last night went to the pub with my old college friend, he had a new Daytona on that he had picked up last week from Manchester, he asked if he could try on my 1 month old Panerai 587, we swapped for a few hours and I found myself wanting another Daytona, he also wanted my 587!! He then offered a swap which at the time I laughed off but the more I think about it the more I'm tempted!! I kind of know though that deep down I love the Panerai more and will want another and it will be much harder if not impossible to track another down but I am very tempted to swap to give my collection a little more variety.

Anyone else have these feelings for the Daytona?!? Or is it just me?