With a sneaky ? to follow.

That ? tells you a lot

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    'Unless it's been in mud'

With a sneaky ? to follow.

That ? tells you a lot
    How do you mean exactly?

He's insinuating it's not been looked after, a little rude imo.

That (whatever it is) will come off with a toothbrush and some warm soapy water with no ill effect to the watch.

Master
    Buyer is a total muppet!

You know what, watches pick up crud in crevices, it just happens, and that pip is tiny. You wash your hands, soap gets on the face, you rinse it off but miss a tiny piece in the pip that then hardens and goes a bit yellow. I've got yellow coal tar soap at home, it can happen. Unless you wear a watch as if it's some precious holy article, it will pick up easily removed dirt. The watch wasn't new, the buyer needs to get over himself - or just buy brand new??!!

Craftsman
    Out of curiosity, I searched the buyer's ebay username and found a plenty of fish profile page - no comment!

However, when I added 'watches' to the end of the username and googled it, I found the following. Basically his username appears in the parts I've edited. A reason to be suspicious of his motive?

replicawatchinfo.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-191468-p-3.html
    EDITED ... http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a528/EDITED/ .... the one Ive seen that I really would like to get hold of is the Tudor Pelagos, ...

Oh dear, is this the gent that likes replicas and has two BBs on display?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mountmusic View Post
    Oh dear, is this the gent that likes replicas and has two BBs on display?
    Are you serious? Did you use the term 'gent' deliberately?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if someone could buy a genuine watch, complain, return a fake and withold the sellers genuine watch.

How would EBay resolve a case like that?

Craftsman
    I have found more threads on the replica watch forum whereby the individual in question - based on username and location, talks about buying a Black Bay v2 - is this a fake? He complains about the mismatched lume colours but doesn't want to pay £2k for a real one.

Tbh I doubt someone who would scam anyone would have such a profile on a forum and in EBay. I assume he also paid via a verified PayPal account. I'd not worry about that tbh, I suspect he just likes a combination of fakes and a decent watch.

Craftsman
    Just been alerted to many pictures of the watch I sold to the buyer...alongside what I would suggest could well be the watch we saw in the initial pictures I posted...

Oh dear. I suspect a scam about to progress or was going to be until it's been sussed

Journeyman
    How long does EBay expect a seller to guarantee a product sold?
    All Ebay cares about is the 45 day window the buyer has to make a complaint. More problematic is the PayPal policy change of allowing 180 days now to make a complaint
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...-policies-full which leaves the seller on the hook for a much longer period. That, and the 10% seller final value fee, is one reason I only sell on Ebay and use PayPal as a last resort. Who wants to have a buyer complaint after he's had the watch 5 months?

Sold My Black Bay On Ebay - Buyer has a problem - Advice Plz

Don't think so, I think he genuinely sent you pics of your watch, your strap anyway. I think it's easy to worry, with good cause I admit, but I think you are ok.

Is it just me or is the strap different in his picture to the one in your picture? Check out the "distress" markings:

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    Just been alerted to many pictures of the watch I sold to the buyer...alongside what I would suggest could well be the watch we saw in the initial pictures I posted...

Seems he may want to do a refund and return you a fake !. I havent tought about that before but it does make a sense now as you would notice missing protection on lume.

Strap looks the same to me

Craftsman
    Don't think so, I think he genuinely sent you pics of your watch, your strap anyway. I think it's easy to worry, with good cause I admit, but I think you are ok.
    What are you basing that on?

- - - Updated - - -

I have taken screen shots of all of the pics in his gallery which show barcodes for the straps etc. Not sure if I'll need them but have all relevant details just in case.

The pics you posted from him

If he's paid via a verified PayPal account he's unlikely to be a scammer imo.

He may have just bought a fake to see if he liked it then bought the real thing.

my spidey senses are tingling this smells of a dodgy claim from buyer might appear soon

i wouldn't contact him any more and maybe start collecting more evidence without letting them know :(

I don't know either way, but his emails, pics, EBay profile , verified PayPal and quite open posts in a replica forum don't immediately shout scammer to me

All sounds a bit worrying, think i will stick with SC in the future

I hope it all turns out ok

Previous to my last post, he may well have changed the strap. After all, he's already got his rep for sale complete with one of your "gen" straps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Previous to my last post, he may well have changed the strap. After all, he's already got his rep for sale complete with one of your "gen" straps!
    Which is good, he's unlikely to try to return it then with one or more missing straps.

Journeyman
    As long as it was resolved you shouldn't have any worries you just need to be careful and cover all your bases. I always take dozens of pics of an item before I sell and keep copies of documentation just so I don't get the shaft

Craftsman
    Just off the phone to PayPal and they have recorded everything and advised that I am covered. I have the relevant receipts for postage which I was also advised to keep for 6 months. Just about to speak to ebay now.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    . Just about to speak to ebay now.
    And the very best of luck with that.

I have had to speak to Ebay a few times over the years and every time I come away feeling like I've been having a conversation with a mildy inebriated baboon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    And the very best of luck with that.

I have had to speak to Ebay a few times over the years and every time I come away feeling like I've been having a conversation with a mildy inebriated baboon.
    They've come on leaps and bounds since I last spoke to them it seems...

Craftsman
    Dealt with ebay via live help and they were excellent. They advised that the buyer's account will closely monitored and my concerns have been noted.

Thanks for all your input everyone - you've been brilliant and I really appreciate it.

Martin

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps a link to this thread may be in order to dissuade any further mucking about from the buyer.

Also hah at "managing" to clean the pip.
    It was a battle and a triumph I tell you.

Yes they said all that to me and I gave them all the evidence and I still ended up a grand lighter

Master
    Blog Entries
    IIRC correctly, the members one of the fakes forums reacted quite strongly to the Fantasy Pharmacist who was trying to con people on here (Zazib????).

Master
    Have you got a record of the serial number of your watch?

scooter

Dealt with ebay via live help and they were excellent. They advised that the buyer's account will closely monitored and my concerns have been noted.

Thanks for all your input everyone - you've been brilliant and I really appreciate it.

Martin
    Wow, two good outcomes in a day where the other members came through.
    The spirit of the forum (TSOTF) is alive and well!

If and when a case is created, that's when you need to pick up the phone.

If you get a different item, do not refuse delivery, pick up the phone straight away and inform eBay or PayPal of what has happened. It will be an extremely serious situation of fraud on the buyer's part and this will be investigated and the seller will be informed of what needs to be done.

Notes left and assurances of cover are one thing, the reality of dealing with the case and the procedures at that point are quite another.

Master
    Buyer is def. trying to work a scam or maybe feedback extortion. What is their ebay name so we can all block?

I disagree, I highly doubt he is, he may simply have bought a fake to try, liked it, then bought a real one. There is nothing in his actions, emails etc to suggest a scam

Craftsman

I disagree, I highly doubt he is, he may simply have bought a fake to try, liked it, then bought a real one. There is nothing in his actions, emails etc to suggest a scam
    I agree, nothing (yet) to suggest he is trying to scam you, particularly given the tone of his 2nd email.

I think rather than trying the old switcheroonee with the original owner of the watch I think a more likely scam would be for the buyer to ship out his v2 replica with your box and papers to some other poor unsuspecting soul via fleabay, particularly as his buying history will show the purchase of a genuine £1700 BB.
    Last edited by Gordon76; 1st April 2015 at 10:49.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    I agree, nothing (yet) to suggest he is trying to scam you, particularly given the tone of his 2nd email.

I think rather than trying the old switcheroonee with the original owner of the watch I think a more likely scam would be for the buyer to ship out his v2 relics with your box and papers to some other poor unsuspecting soul via fleabay, particularly as his buying history will show the purchase of a genuine £1700 BB.

Hadn't thought of that option. Defiantly a whiff about this guy ....

And his photobox account is now private, looks like they may be reading in.

Scammers don't leave trails like that, even Hong Kong Fuey could follow that trail. He's got registered EBay and PayPal accounts remember. Plus why buy off EBay just to get box and papers? Why not just buy a box and sell without papers? Spending 2k to then sell on and scam? Nah, scammers don't risk being scammed themselves do they .

Master
    I sold a breitling chrono avenger on ebay a few years ago and insisted on f2f meeting and cash on collection amazing the amount of idiots asked me about posting still, guy drove 200 miles to collect its the only way i would sell anything of value on ebay these days i know it dosnt help you much

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I sold a breitling chrono avenger on ebay a few years ago and insisted on f2f meeting and cash on collection amazing the amount of idiots asked me about posting still, guy drove 200 miles to collect its the only way i would sell anything of value on ebay these days i know it dosnt help you much
    That also leave you open to the rules of eBay as you can't prove that it's been delivered if the buyer then turns out to be an arse.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    That also leave you open to the rules of eBay as you can't prove that it's been delivered if the buyer then turns out to be an arse.
    But even if he is an arse, what can eBay do?

The seller has the cash and as it's not gone through paypal, they can't reverse the payment.

Key point being cash on collection.. Ah.. As above

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    But even if he is an arse, what can eBay do?

The seller has the cash and as it's not gone through paypal, they can't reverse the payment.
    Indeed - That was an experience I had recently. It was a cheapish item, but it was collection only and the buyer wanted to pay COD.

I initially thought I wouldn't be covered, but then I realised eBay/Paypal had no access to my funds (I presume they can't withdraw cash from my bank account or charge my CC) and I'd be OK.

There was no problem with my deal, but it might worry me more if I was talking thousands...

M.

Blog Entries
    I have taken screen shots of all of the pics in his gallery which show barcodes for the straps etc. Not sure if I'll need them but have all relevant details just in case.
    This does scream "scam" to me. Sending a spurious claim of a fault, coupled with an interest in fakes, is very much a scam profile in my opinion. The fact that they are PayPal verified or have a good eBay feedback history or any of that stuff is meaningless.

I suggest that you do not only save screen shots but save full URLs and as much detail as possible. I suggest using the UnMHT addon for Firefox to save any relevant web pages as MHT (web archive) files. This provides the greatest context and backup for your verbal testimony.

Whilst eBay/PayPal will not care about this sort of evidence it could well be persuasive in a County Court, should you need to take action there.

I wonder of the buyer has seen this thread.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 1st April 2015 at 14:07.

Craftsman
    Sorry if it has been covered but how long did he leave it to contact you?
    Sounds like buyers remorse to me...