closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Giving Hirsch Terra a go

Giving Hirsch Terra a go

I decided I wanted to try a Hirsch Terra, but couldn't choose between the light brown or the dark brown... so I ended up with both:

I don't think the honey brown colour is quite right for the PRS-82, although you can see why I wanted to try it out. I'm sure I'll find a use for that strap, as it's very striking. Meanwhile, the chocolate brown Terra on the Speedmaster is so very perfect... quite pleased with how that combination worked out.

Like all Hirsch straps, these ones seem very well-made, and should develop an interesting patina over time. Strangely, although they are both supposedly the same model, they have different buckles. You can sort of see this in the photo, most notably in the size and shape of the holes. Perhaps these particular examples were manufactured at different times, who knows.
    Last edited by workahol; 31st March 2015 at 02:59.

Master
    They look great and a really good match for the 82, I have the green version on my Everest.There's something about these straps that feel quite luxurious and it's great that they develop a natural patina over time.
    I thought about a honey for my 82 in the past but wasn't sure what it would look like, you've just convinced me.
    Cheers.

Craftsman
    wow, both are good looking,
    I matched 2 nubuk straps with Steinhart Apollon (BOB and noname) but both shows signs of wear just after 10 or 15 times of use

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    I have the green version on my Everest.
    Can you post a picture of this combination please?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Can you post a picture of this combination please?
    Sorry I don't have any pictures of that particular combination, but what I can say is that it did look really nice, it's now back on the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    I thought about a honey for my 82 in the past but wasn't sure what it would look like, you've just convinced me.
    Cheers.
    Happy to help. To my eye it was a bit too yellow-ey, but that may just be because I've been wearing it on a darker strap lately. I hope I find a combination I like because it's very nice, now it just needs something to go on...
    Last edited by workahol; 31st March 2015 at 14:59.

Love the speedy on the dark brown strap. Where is a good outlet for these straps, I think I need to copy your good work :)

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Love the speedy on the dark brown strap. Where is a good outlet for these straps, I think I need to copy your good work :)
    Here in the colonies I get my Hirsch fix from Amy at Global Watch Band. Closer to you, Watch Obsession is one with whom I've had good dealings in the past.

Good luck! It really is a very nice combo.

Thanks for the links, I didn't realise you were in the US when I asked.