closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fortis crown problem

Fortis crown problem

Hi...

I've read through some of the older posts on the screw down crown problem with the Fortis. I have the same problem with my Pilot.

Can anyone recommend a repairer/watchsmith in the UK to carry out the work? The only quote I have received (£200) I have to balance against the value of the watch. I'm not penny pinching but I'd like quotes from repairers with a good name or feedback as I'm venturing into the unknown.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Ta!

Dunce

Hi, I had the problem with a B42 Chronograph and sent it to Premier Watch Repairs down near Bristol. The repair was, I think, £80, but I had the whole thing serviced as well which added to the bill. They were very good, in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Hi, I had the problem with a B42 Chronograph and sent it to Premier Watch Repairs down near Bristol. The repair was, I think, £80, but I had the whole thing serviced as well which added to the bill. They were very good, in my view.
    Thanks for that. I'll drop them an email.

Rich Askham has just done my TH SuperPro which had had a hamfisted repair done by someone else, but he managed to put it exactly right and for a great price too. Likewise he's had my Fortis Pilot Pro which is just coming back from a service to address a regulation problem.

Well worth a call IMHO ... http://www.thewatchspotblog.com

Greg