closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fashion growing up

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Now that was a good shop. Also Simons in Covent Garden, now also gone.

Not gone, just moved to Chiltern Street W1, was in there a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.johnsimons.co.uk/contact-us/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by xpatx View Post
    ha ha remember these ,everyone had them when we were at school

Journeyman
    Sand Levi denim jacket bought from Marcus Price Newcastle, still got it.
    Loons.

I remember pink and lemon Lacoste T Shirts, Sergio Tachini track suits, Farah trousers, Chinos, strange coloured corduroys, zippers. If you didn't have a pair of Puma Beckers or Adidas Lendl there was simply no point in getting up in the morning from fear of all the "in" kids ripping the hell out of your Rebok 4x4s.
    Just remembered Pepe jeans, because I've still got a few of there key ring thingies hanging about somewhere.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 1st April 2015 at 07:11.

Master
    Exiled in the Land that time forgot - Yorkshire
    Spent my first dole cheque on a sky blue Tacchini tracksuit top from Gansgear in the Arndale.
    Fila BJ tracksuit in navy was the ultimate. I had one, walking around college like I was the top dog.
    Diadora Borg Elites
    Adidas New York hoodie & Tacchini bottoms, you looked the dogs
    Then along came Cerruti 1881, that was the grail.
    To get into the local night club, bottle green Levis semi flared cords, Adidas or Kicker shoes & a nice Ellesse or Lacoste polo to finish it all off. Strangely, Denim or Aramis were the aftershaves de jour.
    Later on towards the late 80's, Marc O'Polo crew neck T shirts & Armani jeans from Wardrobe on Deansgate. The shop where you think you've made it once you had the carry bag.

Last week I took my son down Manchester (He's 10). I said to him it's about time he started to look smart instead of wearing Sonic/Minecraft/Regular Show T shirts. But then I thought to myself save yer money, because in 2-3 years time, he'll be into me asking for all the gear!

Who remembers Afflecks Palace (still there I think, but no doubt less weird)?
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Who remembers Afflecks Palace (still there I think, but no doubt less weird)?
    Still there.

There used to be a great record shop on the first floor selling some shit rare Northern Soul. Good to see it's still flourishing amidst all the faceless big named chains nearby

I remember the joy of receiving my blue snorkel parka with fur collar edging and orange lining.

Remember the global hypercolour t-shirts that changed colour with body heat?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    Remember the global hypercolour t-shirts that changed colour with body heat?
    Or that awful Physique range? Vests cut above the navel & massive cut away sleeves. They looked good on a model of the cast of Kids from Fame, but not on a large munter pushing her buggy around Stockport precinct!

Uuuuurgh!

My favourite time was around 83-86, Shady boy time. My favourite outfit was a Tacchini sleeveless tracksuit top, Fila t shirt, Farah trousers and Diadora Borg Elite trainers. Had a Kappa ski jacket for when it was cold. Also remember getting a Lacoste t shirt from a shop in Menorca on my first holiday abroad in 84. Blue Kickers were the shoe of choice. Think that was my entire smart wardrobe back then, the prices were insane, sorry Mum! MC Sports in the Broadmarsh Centre was Mecca to me and my mates. Row after row of trackies hanging from the ceiling. Fila BJ was the grail and one I'd never achieve on paperround money.

Also remember the Y cardigans and having a Harrington with my name on the back.

Great thread, brings back fond memories.

Craftsman
    And who remembers Naf Naf?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by xpatx View Post
    And who remembers Naf Naf?
    Yep I remember them and at the same time the ghastly ski jacket type with letters down the arm that I can't remember the name of.

Here's what I remember most:

- Adidas 'Colorado' hoodie
    - Nike 'Oregon' sweatshirt
    - Farahs
    - Seasiders
    - Adidas 'The Web'
    - Lacoste polos
    - Hugo Boss hoodies (with Hugo Boss written in big letters in an upward crescent, I had two; green and blue)
    - Head bags with the detachable end piece / boot bag
    - Nike 'Valencia' and Puma 'King' football boots

The above were all worn as school uniform as the trousers were grey, polos white, the Oregon was royal blue which was our high school colour and the hoodies were our coats. Bloody hell, no wonder I was pulling birds left, right and centre. Flash git

Happy days.