closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which watch was your biggest regret in not buying at the time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    So wish I'd bought a new Sea Dweller in about 2004
    Similarly, I drooled over a Sub 14060 in WOS in Manchester in around 1993, thought very seriously about finance but knew my parents would paste me for it so it never happened.

I still have the brochure and price list, just had a look, less than £1500 :-(

Think I'd still have that watch now, instead of the 20 or so that have come and gone over the years.

Unforeseen circumstances had nothing to do with it but stupidity did. I had a chance to buy an orange Oris Chronoris and passed it up.

Rolex DSRD when it came out.
    I was barely out of my nappies though at that time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My biggest SC regret was a car that a member was selling. Wasn't too fussed at the time because it was an auto not a manual. I reckon they've doubled in price now :(

That £850 BIN Ed White. I sat there staring at the screen with my finger hovering over the button for a good five minutes before it was snapped up by someone who could see the wood from the trees! Still wakes me up better than any alarm clock.

Also, a 70's Monaco in the pre owned section of a local jewellers, £1750, they had it down as a reissue one.......
    Proper skint at the time, I even tried it on!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Missed a BP dress watch on these very forums for just over a grand I seem to recall a couple of years ago. Bargain.
    Yes a few of us were disappointed to miss that one!

I bid on the same model in December, thought it might fly under the radar as the pics were pretty shoddy - it went for twice as much as the one that sold here!

Grand Master
    6 month old Omega Railmaster 36.2mm, on the bracelet, box & papers, £1050 in 2009. Bought an explorer 1 next day instead, should've bought 'em both!

This was in the days before I got into working on them; the Omega had a few light scratches and scuffs on the bracelet and that worried me at the time!

Paul

Journeyman
    Declined a JLC Tribute to Polaris £1200 below retail direct from an AD. Didn't realise at the time that the AD was going under hence the discount.

Sub LV about 6-7 years ago, think they were below £3k used! I really like them and thought it might be a good investment but the consensus on forums at the time was that no modern sports Rolex would be a good investment as there are too many of them around.

Wish I hadn't listened now!

Sub LV used... Prices have really spiked up these two years... Just doesn't seem worth it anymore..

Blog Entries
    A true minter of a Patek 5127R with impeccable provenance that I possibly could have had a few years ago for around ten grand if I remember correctly. I hesitated whilst I had a ponder and you know what happens to those who hesitate!

Craftsman
    I regret 2.

I missed a GP 1966 in white gold offered here for a crazy price on here about 3 years ago

Also I was lining up a deal on a cracking AP 14790 with a miltary dial and did not press too hard to close the deal.

Regrets..

Craftsman
    A brand new Railmaster for £1900 in Gibraltar in 2009. I didn't buy it because he would not drop to £1750

A New Rolex sub a few years back, again in Gibraltar for £2100 which was at about 18% discount at the time

Craftsman
    A new 2-tone sub for £3600 in 2007! I ended up upgrading my car instead and loosing a lot of money on it later..

Quote Originally Posted by RamiR View Post
    A new 2-tone sub for £3600 in 2007! I ended up upgrading my car instead and loosing a lot of money on it later..
    You have the chance to make amends right now!

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=324903

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You have the chance to make amends right now!

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=324903
    I've seen it before but not the right color (always wanted the blue version) for me.. Not that i have that much spare cash at the moment in any case.. Thanks anyway :)