closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Place to buy Bagelsport

Journeyman

Place to buy Bagelsport

Just wanted to see if anyone knows of any other place besides ebay to find a Bagelsport watch. They were hard to find in Ebay before and now they are non existent. Anybody find any other outlets for them?

I've seen Crumpetmasters on Amazon? And the Muffindiver on other websites. Apparently......😉

Quote Originally Posted by jeg5263 View Post
    Just wanted to see if anyone knows of any other place besides ebay to find a Bagelsport watch. They were hard to find in Ebay before and now they are non existent. Anybody find any other outlets for them?
    So which 'homage' Rolex are you after?

oh no

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    So which 'homage' Rolex are you after?
    This one
    I just need it as a placeholder till I can buy a Rolex. I found it helps to remind me what I need.

Master
    Blog Entries
    For added value you ned to look elsewhere in the range.

Values of the Doughmaster are rising.

Avoid the Naanmaster, prices have remained flat amidst rumours of Asian sourced parts.

Master
    Must be after a bread roll-ex.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Must be after a bread roll-ex.
    Actually I'm saving up to buy a Sea-Dweller right now but I got the itch for a President as well so I'd like a substitute for now

Don't think I've ever seen those before... That >really< stretches the definition of 'homage'...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen those before... That >really< stretches the definition of 'homage'...
    They're pretty popular over on the Chinese mechanical forum on WUS. They also make explorer and Daytona watches too. Just about ever review says they are about as much of a copy as a homage can be haha.

They're pretty popular over on the Chinese mechanical forum on WUS. They also make explorer and Daytona watches too. Just about ever review says they are about as much of a copy as a homage can be haha.
    Explorer II with a 24hr hand, not GMT
    Daytona with day, month, date, not chronograph

Out of all of them it's only the Day-Date that actually 'works'

Had one a while back, the clasp failed, the bracelet fell apart, the case back fell off and got lost, so in the bin it went, then again it was very cheap!

What a rubbish name, but I Google Imaged these earlier, the Polar Explorer II looks pretty good for the pittance £.

I often thought about having a replica around in case one was heading 'across the tracks' to the wrong side of town some evening ! (i.e. - Pompeii)

Actually, no. Cant be bothered.

Last edited by TimeThoughts; 27th March 2015 at 00:16.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    What a rubbish name
    Agreed the name was not thought out one bloody bit

I like the name, a ridiculous name for a brand that just rips off another, they even have a crown as their logo and the hidden clasp release is a crown too.
    Just all done cheaply and very very badly, although it kept good time until the case, bracelet and clasp just decided to disintegrate on my wrist.

Master
    Seriously? Why would you want to spend money on this sort of rubbish. If you can't afford the Rolex you want then wait until you can - or get something else in a lower price bracket that can be of excellent quality but very affordable.

But these - really? What scenario do you envision?

Hot girl in bar "Hey, nice Rolex man - buy a girl a drink?"
    You "Actually it's a Bagelsport"
    HGIB "Is that like a special kind of Rolex?"
    You "No, it's a cheap Chinese rip off that may make it through until tomorrow, but was really cheap, like it?"
    HGIB "I think I see my friends over there - see ya!"
    Last edited by Beaunidle; 27th March 2015 at 15:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
    You "No, it's a cheap Chinese rip off that may make it through until tomorrow, but was really cheap, like it?"
    Ha ha, good one sir !

I cant see that conversation happening in The John Fielding boozer in Cwmbran this evening !!!

TT

Master
    Blog Entries
    Seriously? Why would you want to spend money on this sort of rubbish. If you can't afford the Rolex you want then wait until you can - or get something else in a lower price bracket that can be of excellent quality but very affordable.

And home you go for some 'added value' happy happy time.
    Last edited by phil h; 27th March 2015 at 16:07. Reason: I only said it once

Master
    Ha ha, good one sir !

I cant see that conversation happening in The John Fielding boozer in Cwmbran this evening !!!

TT
    You are obviously conversant with that fine Wetherspoons hostelry and it's daytime winos scratching themselves over a pint of oblivion!
    <shudders>

There are some good pubs in this town (and in many ways it's a surprisingly nice town), but the 'Spoons is not my drinking establishment of choice!

Journeyman

Already engaged no need to try to pick up women. I'm cheap so for £20 or so that it actually costs if it breaks I'm not gonna lose sleep over it I would just use it to tinker on. I'm not sure if your getting the wrong idea here I'm not looking to impress anyone with a watch.

Some other homage that's well made in a lower price range would do well too but what would you suggest? Currently my budget is limited because I'm in college. The idea to spend more than a few dollars on a homage doesn't make sense to me since eventually it's getting replaced eventually. I've also found your almost never happy with a homage and will continue to crave the real thing. A homage merely supresses the craving for a little.

Already engaged no need to try to pick up women. I'm cheap so for £20 or so that it actually costs if it breaks I'm not gonna lose sleep over it I would just use it to tinker on. I'm not sure if your getting the wrong idea here I'm not looking to impress anyone with a watch.

Some other homage that's well made in a lower price range would do well too but what would you suggest? Currently my budget is limited because I'm in college. The idea to spend more than a few dollars on a homage doesn't make sense to me since eventually it's getting replaced eventually. I've also found your almost never happy with a homage and will continue to crave the real thing. A homage merely supresses the craving for a little.
    I totally understand this and sorry if I was taking the p*ss on the bagelsport thing.

If I were you (actually I was you a good few years back by your description), if you wanted to tinker get a Russian Pobeda or similar on ebay, theres a great handwound movement on these and they have decent heritage. I learned a lot from playing with these. Many are 2 handers with a small seconds hand below.

Otherwise I'd get a Seiko 5 sub homage to temporary scratch the Rolex itch (should be available for about £140), Seiko have one watch that looks stupidly like a submariner (SNZF17K1 ?)

Journeyman
    I totally understand this and sorry if I was taking the p*ss on the bagelsport thing.

If I were you (actually I was you a good few years back by your description), if you wanted to tinker get a Russian Pobeda or similar on ebay, theres a great handwound movement on these and they have decent heritage. I learned a lot from playing with these. Many are 2 handers with a small seconds hand below.

Otherwise I'd get a Seiko 5 sub homage to temporary scratch the Rolex itch (should be available for about £140), Seiko have one watch that looks stupidly like a submariner (SNZF17K1 ?)

Well I already have two Kirovskie's to tinker with and it's not the Sub itch I'm trying to scratch. I'm trying to scratch the day date itch. For the Sub itch I have a few Seiko divers and my Invicta 8926 with the NH35A seiko movement. I got it second hand for only a few £. The Invicta is great every time I wear the darn thing it makes me yearn for the Sea-Dweller I'm saving for. Any suggestions for the day date itch by chance? I almost pulled on a Cyma day date with an ETA movement about two weeks ago went for a little more than I wanted to spend though.

Master
    I may have also been a little harsh, but seriously a bottom drawer clone is just going to make you feel bad.

Its such a ridiculous name I wish we had one of those forum functions that censors it automatically or changes it to another word when someone types it.

If the OP is serious about a homage and wants something close to a datejust in looks or daydate or whatever type of Rolex it may be perhaps Alpha would be a bit better choice than bagelsport. These should be available for well under £100 try this for a start. Its called freedom of individual choice good luck sir. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/homage-watches-uk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alpha-date...item234dbab905
    Last edited by Nigeyp; 28th March 2015 at 19:13.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    If the OP is serious about a homage and wants something close to a datejust in looks or daydate or whatever type of Rolex it may be perhaps Alpha would be a bit better choice than bagelsport. These should be available for well under £100 try this for a start. Its called freedom of individual choice good luck sir. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/homage-watches-uk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alpha-date...item234dbab905
    Thanks Alpha seems like a good solution.
    I was unaware Alpha made a day date.

Craftsman
    You could buy direct from Tmall. Use Chrome to auto-translate. Can't see any Bagelsports but lots of cheap watches. http://list.tmall.com/search_product...86729#J_crumbs
    You can set up your own Taobao account or use a taobao agent.

Although they started off by stealing Rolex designs, it would be unfair to ignore the latest offering which is a unique in-house design:-

To answer your questions
    no
    because I can
    already own several Rolex models
    not found anyone else who does a day-date homage so similar
    yes
    don't envision any scenario, don't need to use material things to attract women, quite sad really if you do have to.

Also I wouldn't be interested in a girl who wants me to buy her a drink just because she thinks I'm wearing a particular brand of watch or brand of anything for that matter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Although they started off by stealing Rolex designs, it would be unfair to ignore the latest offering which is a unique in-house design:-

When I first looked at this picture I thought it was much, much ruder than it really is!

Or alternatively, with a real Rolex:

You "Shallow cow" [walks off]

I don't really get your point...

Done that myself, don't have time for people driven by material wealth.
    Did say it, but thought it and walked away

Craftsman
    This one
    I just need it as a placeholder till I can buy a Rolex. I found it helps to remind me what I need.
    How about the Bulova Super Seville?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWISS-MADE-V...item5672c997b6

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisallen View Post
    How about the Bulova Super Seville?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWISS-MADE-V...item5672c997b6
    Better look at it again they just raised the starting price to $165. They are absolutely what I'm looking for the prices however have been steadily increasing.

Master
    Is it the sandwich dial version?