closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cartier Santos 'XL'

Craftsman

Cartier Santos 'XL'

A client came in today & was wearing an amazing Cartier very large for Cartier & on a beautiful brown croc strap, it was very nice indeed! he normally wears a YG Daytona thats a little too 'bling' for my liking but the Santos was stunning so much so I think its my '2015' watch to aim for! :)

The only google image I can find that shows the really great colour of the strap and all in SS not two tone SS / YG is this one & in the metal its just eye candy!!!

With my watch box being Explorer's & DSSD this will be a perfect dress watch for me :)
    Last edited by MrSimba; 5th April 2015 at 22:54.

Banned
    All those numerals make the dial look very cramped, and for that reason I'm out!

Is that your handbag? Then, you might be more Nala than Simba😄
    Kidding aside,Santos XL is a great watch but better in TT or pink gold IMO. The shiny 'bezel' scratches easily and then it doesn't look as good. There is a PVDED/ red gold combo that also looks great.

Just make sure strap doesn't clash with your shoes. Fabulous Alma there, I love epi leather

Master
    The stitching on that strap don't look too good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    All those numerals make the dial look very cramped, and for that reason I'm out!
    It does not have a signed crown, and for that reason I'm out!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    It does not have a signed crown, and for that reason I'm out!
    that's right, it has a cabochon stone, just like some Seiko and Credor

the Santos 100 xl has long been a want of mine, I like the gold bezel and the case shape. to the OP, if its to your liking and you have the money, have at it I say.

Master
    I have one on the original black strap that I tend to use as a suit/dress watch but also have a mate that wears one as a daily and it looks pretty good due to it being quite chunky.

Also looks smart on the different colour straps, something I ought to look into for some variety; although if bright enough the Mrs is bound to adopt it.

Not a watch I wear very often, but always enjoy it as a change from a SS Rolex.

I got one last year - I think the build and finish is great. Mine is on a sailcloth strap and I wear it with everything . The deployant clasp is something else! It's a chunky iconic watch which stands up well with all premium brands and its unmistakably Cartier

I wouldn't be without one and theres nothing ekse like it by other brands that I know

Master
    My choice would be the Kings Road edition.

Seriously looking at a Santos XL at the minute.

Did they ever produce one with the blued hands, or was that another model? Tank maybe?

Malc

Blued hands tend to be on the Tank models I think.

Always looks like a big ladies watch to me 😗

Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    Blued hands tend to be on the Tank models I think.
    Correct, this 18k model just landed with me via a 3 way deal off forum. Debating whether to keep it or move on? Lovely blued hands on it though and the whole piece feels like nice quality.

A work colleague wears the Santos XL and it always looks good on him. Not sure about the orange strap though OP.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Always looks like a big ladies watch to me 
    Lol! All the ladies by me are wearing mens watches so maybe about time we got our own back!!!

Master
    Having previously owned a Santos XL, I can tell you they they are a great watch. It didn't actually wear as large as the dimensions suggest, from memory the rear of the watch is almost shaped to the wrist. I had the SS model and would love to try the gold bezel model. A while ago there was a black (pvd?) version on SC. I wasn't quick enough to snare that one and I haven't seen it listed since. I would definitely recommend one, suitable for casual and formal occasions.

I finally found and bought one of the ADLC (PVD) Santos's a couple of months ago and I have got to say I absaloutley love it, wears brilliant on the wrist and brilliant as a daily wear !

A colleague has recently returned from holiday with one of these which looks really good in the metal

Craftsman
    Proud owner of a 18k Santos XL Chrono checking in!!!;-)