closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clocked my very first GS, in the flesh.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Ahhhhhh..... now you've spoiled it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Wales View Post
    Second impression, Arghhhh...that b#€#y name 'Seiko' a real let down IMVHO.
    What does the name convey to you?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    What does the name convey to you?
    Argos?

I'm actually trying to take you seriously Huertecilla. But it seems that some of you operation mode is to throw in some seedy comments to divert.

You said:

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Sterile dials are getting more appreciation btw. The crass aspect of the branded thing is being noted by quality watchbuyers too now.
    Later on you kept going.

I know, but the development is very real.

And the when someone posts a link to the H.Moser watch (a thread I posted in) you say.

Ahhhhhh..... now you've spoiled it
    The Moser watch was obviously what you were referring to. And as you have now understood I didn't miss it at all.
    If this is your only proof of growing appreciation and no less than a "very real development" my question is the same

This " development" you state is "very real", is it really real, or is just in your mind?

Real in the sense that others can perceive the same, real in the sense that you can support these statements with more than one watch from one maker?

I look forward to your thoughts on this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by even neve View Post

I look forward to your thoughts on this.
    Really? How much more do you need the point belabored?

Blog Entries
    I stopped reading after the "fart in a spacesuit" joke, which was probably the high point of this thread.........

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    I'm not particularly interested in your thoughts. But be my guest. Hit me.

But keep it to the "development" and "growing appreciation" towards sterile dials on high end watches.

I'm not particularly interested in your thoughts
    Yes, and you're just one of a very rapidly growing list... assuming, that is, that any comments are not already obscured by the "ignore" feature. Even so, you can't remain completely shielded as some of the drivel pops up via re-quoted comments.

-flugzeit

Banned
    Blog Entries

Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Argos?

See why you can wear an 18K GS to any part of town?!
    Nobody will think it is a fake nor want to rob it. It is just a Seiko

For the rest it is all personal taste. From the watch itself to feel good from the superlative or under the radar bit of it.

Right; next week is Semana Santa and the main avenue in Malaga has been closed off already. I thus have a social agenda to organize with details such as where to park the car going out, starting this evening. Have a nice day

But I can wear my 18kt Patek to any part of town. No-one gets close enough to see the dial in reality, it's slim, relatively small and white gold.

I would ask what your point is, but I know you don't have one. Just the same tedious drum... bang, bang, bang...

Banned
    Nobody will think it is a fake nor want to rob it. It is just a Seiko

For the rest it is all personal taste. From the watch itself to feel good from the superlative or under the radar bit of it.

Right; next week is Semana Santa and the main avenue in Malaga has been closed off already. I thus have a social agenda to organize with details such as where to park the car going out, starting this evening. Have a nice day

I suggest you are going to the wrong places, nobody has every ask me if the watch I'm wearing is a fake, nor have I felt I was about to be robbed, not even in St Petersburg or Moscow.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    But I can wear my 18kt Patek to any part of town. No-one gets close enough to see the dial in reality, it's slim, relatively small and white gold.
    That's right, a Patek is invisible to most people.

I travel outside of the UK several times a year, and I never wear my 18k Y/G Rolex because it is instantly spotted by everyone from 20 paces. There are many places I travel to that I certainly wouldn't feel safe with it on my wrist. So I leave it at home... I usually wear a GS GMT when abroad. It keeps great time, I use the GMT function, and I feel well dressed. I seriously doubt I will be mugged for it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Meaning you DO get the point.
    Good for you!

...AND you get to mention here that you wear an 18k Patek.
    Good for you 2!!
    I must have made your day

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    T

I travel outside of the UK several times a year, and I never wear my 18k Y/G Rolex because it is instantly spotted by everyone from 20 paces. There are many places I travel to that I certainly wouldn't feel safe with it on my wrist. So I leave it at home...
    You simply visit the wrong places according to our Sir Captain.

You simply visit the wrong places according to our Sir Captain.
    I guess I do sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Until there is a straight answer(s) to the question(s) asked would be my guess.

I wear my Submariner Date or Cosmograph Daytona in any part of town, usually in T-Shirt and Jeans, no one notices, cares, asks if it's fake.

I would ask what your point is, but I know you don't have one. Just the same tedious drum... bang, bang, bang...
    Agreed

I thus have a social agenda to organize with details such as where to park the car going out, starting this evening.
    If parking the car needs so much attention to detail, maybe you need a better social life

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    If parking the car needs so much attention to detail, maybe you need a better social life
    I know, I visit the wrong places

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    It was buzzing Semana Santa in Malaga!
    With the forecasted good weather, MANY hermandades were out training, thus several streets were cut off by the police.
    The extra careful attention was well worth it; right next, and i mean adjacent building, no less then THREE groups were out, bands and all.
    General repetitions so all in full gear, it made for a wonderful spectacle we could see front row yet without ANY car hassle.
    My date was fascinated by the 'dance' of Maria encountering with her son. The music is indeed quite dramatic.

The best film I have seen in YEARS, the diner was romantic and simply perfect, incredible Semana Santa atmosphere/spectacle, golden GS just right, nooooo car anoyance.
    One seriously good memory added to this GS!

Master
    First impression WOW, such external quality, up there with and 'possible' above the Rolex.
    For a moment, thought we were talking about the Apple Watch Edition....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    For a moment, thought we were talking about the Apple Watch Edition....

Why do I get this sinking feeling?

It's just all about brand perception, I drive a Nissan and when it's parked next to a bmw or Audi it's a cheap car, but when a petrol head comes along the tables are turned and it becomes a desirable giant killer. I own seiko and rolex and enjoy both, but I probaly wouldn't buy a GS but I also wouldn't buy a 20k rolex

Banned
    Very simple my dear Captain Sir.
    Giving the answer to a problem prevents a student from learning. He/she needs to finds the solution. If he/she doesn't well, tant pis.

Take the 0634 vs Daytona price; it is here on TZ-UK; I checked.
    If you would realy want to know, you would have found it. You have not, so me giving the link would be bringing water to the sea.

Oh, concerning the rubber issue you brought up elsewhere: Had an interesting learning experience concerning that on the yesterday date. I sort of knew in the back of my head but is was never a problem for me so I never had the need to become aware. Now I am; there are two alternatives to latex for condoms. Polyurethane does not smell as bad and conducts heat better than latex btw.
    Was a fun Bonding date; I wore a crap digital on a Bond Nato
    That reminds me; it yesterday: There is something about dates and sushi. The % is WAY out of whack. If the girls get to choose they feed me sushi!
    That can be taken in two ways but either way I thoroughly enjoy it.
    Never mind straps or case design relevantly emulating something motorcycle:

So befitting the Grand Seiko idea that I almost regretted not donning one.

Cilla how could you wear a GS with that food? the photo is 3yrs old and not yours, I guess my bs theory was correct after all and you are now exposed as a TZ Walter Mitty.

Here's the full data:

IPTC
    Original Transmission Reference aQYNrRn5FTQoQ4aYtmch
    JFIF
    JFIF Version 1.01
    Resolution 72 pixels/None
    File — basic information derived from the file.
    File Type JPEG
    MIME Type image/jpeg
    Current IPTC Digest 42904e8c1f0476bb36d5aba4328b7c88
    Encoding Process Progressive DCT, Huffman coding
    Bits Per Sample 8
    Color Components 3
    File Size 79 kB
    Image Size 960 × 752
    Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
    ICC_Profile — this block of data describes the color space used to encode pixel colors.
    Profile CMM Type lcms
    Profile Version 2.1.0
    Profile Class Display Device Profile
    Color Space Data RGB
    Profile Connection Space XYZ
    Profile Date Time 2012:01:25 03:41:57
    3 years, 2 months, 2 days, 23 hours, 13 minutes, 14 seconds ago

Profile File Signature acsp
    Primary Platform Apple Computer Inc.
    CMM Flags Not Embedded, Independent
    Device Manufacturer
    Device Model
    Device Attributes Reflective, Glossy, Positive, Color
    Rendering Intent Perceptual
    Connection Space Illuminant 0.9642 1 0.82491
    Profile Creator lcms
    Profile ID 0
    Profile Description c2
    Profile Copyright FB
    Media White Point 0.9642 1 0.82491
    Media Black Point 0.01205 0.0125 0.01031
    Red Matrix Column 0.43607 0.22249 0.01392
    Green Matrix Column 0.38515 0.71687 0.09708
    Blue Matrix Column 0.14307 0.06061 0.7141
    Red Tone Reproduction Curve (64 bytes binary data)
    Green Tone Reproduction Curve (64 bytes binary data)
    Blue Tone Reproduction Curve (64 bytes binary data)
    Last edited by Captainhowdy; 28th March 2015 at 10:07.

AND Cilla's busted, the fantasist loser

Yep, pretty important to strip all EXIF data before posting anything on the net. Most people wouldn't even have a clue about it... ;-)

-flugzeit

Master
    Would it not be plausible that the photo is for illustrative purposes only, in order to add to his anecdote?

Cilla how could you wear a GS with that food? the photo is 3yrs old and not yours, I guess my bs theory was correct after all and you are now exposed as a TZ Walter Mitty...
    Did Cilla say it was his photo?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Cilla how could you wear a GS with that food? the photo is 3yrs old and not yours,
    Never claimed it was mine. I had this from the menu :-)

My life is simply different than yours Captain Sir.
    I could só imagine the life of the conservative middle of the road and that is why I organized mine differenty when I had that chance 15 years ago.

You buy the associations, I máke them

Highly amusing how obsessed you and your doodies are!
    My favorite feminist Simpere is proven só right by it all. Thanks for confirming my choice for the 21st C.

Have a fun weekend; I have

Banned
    Never claimed it was mine. I had this from the menu :-)

My life is simply different than yours Captain Sir.
    I could só imagine the life of the conservative middle of the road and that is why I organized mine differenty when I had that chance 15 years ago.

You buy the associations, I máke them

Highly amusing how obsessed you and your doodies are!
    My favorite feminist Simpere is proven só right by it all. Thanks for confirming my choice for the 21st C.

Have a fun weekend; I have
    Cilla, when you are in a hole it's wise to stop digging, you took a photo of a menu 3 years ago?

You have produced a photo and mentioned the food was so good that you wished you had worn your GS to compliment it, but now it turns out that the photo you have shown us has no relation to the food you ordered, if you actually ventured out of the house.
    Enjoy the Walter Mitty lifestyle, but please don't post it one here as we now know it's as suspected complete BS.
    Last edited by Captainhowdy; 28th March 2015 at 13:23.

Cilla isn't the one in a hole, you're so intent on picking a fight that you've completely misinterpreted the situation.

Blog Entries
    Cilla, when you are in a hole it's wise to stop digging, you took a photo of a menu 3 years ago?

You have produced a photo and mentioned the food was so good that you wished you had worn your GS to compliment it, but now it turns out that the photo you have shown us has no relation to the food you ordered, if you actually ventured out of the house.
    Enjoy the Walter Mitty lifestyle, but please don't post it one here as we now know it's as suspected complete BS.

Stop it Paul, you will make yourself very ill being so obsessed with someone.

You think Petrus his stories are creepy, I think it's getting creepy the you are digging for info on a posted picture and trying to unprove everything he says.

Just leave it is my advise, it's doing you no good, and you know it.

Daddel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Stop it Paul, you will make yourself very ill being so obsessed with someone.

You think Petrus his stories are creepy, I think it's getting creepy the you are digging for info on a posted picture and trying to unprove everything he says.

Just leave it is my advise, it's doing you no good, and you know it.

Daddel.
    Wow, are you back? The man who decided this thread was so boring in post#56 that he fell asleep. Who knew excactly what was the highlight of it all. And told everyone. Much to your surprise, I guess, it went on but I think we are glad to see that you are back now, giving advice. To stop of course.

I on the other hand think this captain did a pretty good job of exposing this Huertecilla person. Who in addition to the seedy stuff and probably a constructed identity and life, do add a lot of nonsense about watches.

Blog Entries
    Wow, are you back? The man who decided this thread was so boring in post#56 that he fell asleep. Who knew excactly what was the highlight of it all. And told everyone. Much to your surprise, I guess, it went on but I think we are glad to see that you are back now, giving advice. To stop of course.

I on the other hand think this captain did a pretty good job of exposing this Huertecilla person. Who in addition to the seedy stuff and probably a constructed identity and life, do add a lot of nonsense about watches.
    I happen to know Petrus a bit better, an can assure you that there's nothing exposed and there's probably some envy about the life he lives.

If he talks nonsense about watches, expose him, or put him in his place if you want to, but this obsession with his personal life by the "forum police" and finding him out is even more creepy.

BTW, I REALLY liked that fart in a spacesuit joke, made me laugh.

Daddel.
    Last edited by Daddelvirks; 28th March 2015 at 15:31.

I would venture that both sides in this endless bitching session are beginning to look very creepy.
    The seikophile, the pervert and his stalker obviously - but even creepier that these weirdos have fan clubs that spring to each others defence as soon as their hero's enemy posts...

... the last thing this place needs is yet another set of bum buddies...

Do you know anything whatsoever about Petrus in "real life"? I imagine the answer is no, so maybe you should do a little research.

These spats are bringing the forum to it's knees, IMO - if you don't like a post/thread, go and read something else. I do find it bemusing that some of the consistently rudest posters on here see fit to criticise others, though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    I would venture that both sides in this endless bitching session are beginning to look very creepy.
    The seikophile, the pervert and his stalker obviously - but even creepier that these weirdos have fan clubs that spring to each others defence as soon as their hero's enemy posts...

... the last thing this place needs is yet another set of bum buddies...
    You seem to have an obsession with that, have you yourself secretly searched for watches in that "forbidden" place?????

Daddel.

You seem to have an obsession with that,

Daddel.
    Do I? How so?

I happen to know Petrus a bit better, an can assure you that there's nothing exposed and there's probably some envy about the life he lives.

If he talks nonsense about watches, expose him, or put him in his place if you want to, but this obsession with his personal life by the "forum police" and finding him out is even more creepy.

Daddel.
    I do agree, I just think it is all bosh and should have left it alone. I should have kept to his 100% imaginary "growing appreciation" and recent "development" towards sterile dial watches among high end watch buyers .

But, I still think that when someone exposes his "life" in this way, in this overly private and to some extent intruding manner,as it is all over the place, you must expect and accept to take some blows back. The predictable personal slag-off is I guess just the wanted effect.

Banned

Daddel.
    Richard, I can't take the credit for the joke, but it was from one of my countrymen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcDzJmW6Qg

At the risk of incuring the wrath of some forum members, this thread and some others I've seen do get a bit heated over nothing really. Christ almighty why do hobbies have to be so serious, even if they do cost a bucket load of money some times

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    At the risk of incuring the wrath of some forum members, this thread and some others I've seen do get a bit heated over nothing really.
    You haven't had to listen to years of the relentless drivel from him.

Blog Entries
    At the risk of being called a "bumbuddy" again, and to end this banter in watchtalk, you can think and say all you want about Petrus, but he seldomly or never resorts to swearing or namecalling, something a lot of us, including me, can take an example from.

Daddel.

At the risk of being called a "bumbuddy" again, and to end this banter in watchtalk, you can think and say all you want about Petrus, but he seldomly or never resorts to swearing or namecalling, something a lot of us, including me, can take an example from.

Daddel.
    True. He lets himself down in so many other areas, but his language is usually reasonably respectable and respectful - except to scandinavian princesses... ;)

First class piece of blatant trolling by the OP, but everyone bit and then it turns personal. Again.

Just combine

Seiko
    Rolex
    Quality
    Branding

in any thread and people can't resist

Steve

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hellominky View Post
    First class piece of blatant trolling by the OP, but everyone bit and then it turns personal. Again.
    Meanwhile I have showered, smartened up and am enjoying a cool ´summer´ evening on the terrace of a Venta up the road, cicades singing in the background:
    Very enjoyable wine (the c-company will be driving), excellent tapas, stainless steel GS and the knowledge that several drinks and satisfying bites will still add up to only 25 Euros for the two, which my driver will pay for...
    Yes, good associations again. Sorry for that.
    Signing off to give my undevided attention to the lady who has just returned from a chat with a builder she sorts permissions out for.

Meanwhile I have showered, smartened up and am enjoying a cool ´summer´ evening on the terrace of a Venta up the road, cicades singing in the background:
    Very enjoyable wine (the c-company will be driving), excellent tapas, stainless steel GS and the knowledge that several drinks and satisfying bites will still add up to only 25 Euros for the two, which my driver will pay for...
    Signing off to give my undevided attention to the lady who has just returned from a chat with a builder she sorts permissions out for.
    I rest my case.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    every time I read one of your posts, it reminds me of a 70's soft porn movie/novel, and very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    every time I read one of your posts, it reminds me of a 70's soft porn movie/novel, and very entertaining.
    Exactly. An amusing work of fiction. If nothing said is taken seriously it is a staple of this forum - access this guys posts to have a good laugh at him.

Got rid of that gif though. lets not cheapen this area of the forum.
    Last edited by Umbongo; 28th March 2015 at 21:55.

I just can't be bothered. I'm amazed I even bothered to write this post to say I just can't be bothered. Why did I bother?