closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 7549-7010 Tuna returns with new GGB strap

7549-7010 Tuna returns with new GGB strap

I have never been a massive Tuna fan and trust me, I've pretty much tried them all over the years. I warmed to the 7549-7010 variant the most though and managed to partially restore one with the help of a few members back in 2012. Posting pictures and asking opinions on the bezel insert, a forum member contacted me regarding the potential sale and before I knew it, it was on its way to a new home (hope you still have it Simon!!).

I've kept my eyes open for an all original one since and a few really nice examples have come and gone (LTF's springs to mind). I did think I'd managed to acquire one at a great price but I had been beaten to it. Fortunately Karl (Senwar) flipped it a few weeks later and thankfully I was in the right place at the right time to take advantage.

On receipt I could see it was all original, but the crystal appeared to be suffering from a purple haze effect and the bezel insert was a little beaten up. Not a major issue and I was going to leave it as it was but thought a new insert from Yokobies would smarten it up so off it went to Cannop.

By some good fortune, Duncan had a correct NOS crystal available so this was fitted and the watch was pressure tested before being returned. Thankfully Duncan agreed that the watch was completely original save for the new Yokobies insert that has now been fitted but it looked great.

Now I tend to wear the Tuna exclusively on Natos and historically like Eddies olive green version that appears to have been discontinued. I decided to give a GasGasbones strap a try but opted for the new Hop Up buckle option. The buckles come with various designs but think the Sub compliments the diving theme. Sorry for the poor pics but thought I'd share................

She's a beauty bud, hope your well?

Best,

James.

Master
    Now that looks good

I love GGB straps, so well made and they are just....me! Yours looks really good in the olive green, must try that colour.

Craftsman
    Yep, still got it and still love it!! Daily wearer on a seiko bracelet. Kept it on your olive NATO for a while, tried a few other colours too, but as soon as I tried it on a bracelet its stayed on it.

Loving your new one.

Quote Originally Posted by simonoakey View Post
    Yep, still got it and still love it!! Daily wearer on a seiko bracelet. Kept it on your olive NATO for a while, tried a few other colours too, but as soon as I tried it on a bracelet its stayed on it.

Loving your new one.
    Good man. Hope you are well mate and thanks for the comments.

Blog Entries
    A great combo! I had mine on a GGB as well.

Craftsman
    Looks great

Cheers chaps.

Still prefer the nato option with the Tuna so will probably advertise this brand new strap for sale. Ad on its way at some point.