closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch suggestions please

Watch suggestions please

After 'breaking' yet another Seiko automatic whilst skiing, I'm now looking for something sturdy that I can use whilst skiing.

The watch usually gets attached to the waist strap of my backpack (probably why I bust the automatics) and should potentially be able to take a few hits (crashes, trees, snow, moisture etc). A little research suggests G-Shocks as the stand out item to have but are there any other options? I'm not looking at spending £££ as this will be used 3 - 4 weeks a year at the most but want something hardy and reliable that doesn't need a recharge every day and will do the business of telling time well.

Yes, I've considered wearing a wrist watch and using my iPhone but for various reasons these aren't convenient solutions.

Any suggestions welcome.

I'd second the G-Shock. I mean I'm sure you could pick up an auto that would do the job well, with money no issue. Generally speaking though, I have a GW-M5610-1ER which is the standard G-Shock proofs, recharges via solar (hasn't dipped below full battery in the last 5 years), and syncs up via radio frequency every night. Ticks all the boxes, and looks pretty understated without the typical ostentatious G-Shock look.

Thanks. G-Shock duly purchased.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishie View Post
    Thanks. G-Shock duly purchased.
    You won't regret it... That was my choice too :-)