closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It's an AP day today

It's an AP day today

I've got to drag myself to a networking event in the City this evening, and I really don't feel very motivated to go. However, I know I must so I've had to choose a suit, shirt and tie (although the tie will undoubtedly be left at home) and of course a watch for the occasion.

It occurred to me that - in all the excitement of finally bagging a B-1 - my ROC has been somewhat neglected, so that's the one I'll be wearing. With that in mind, it seemed rude not to take a quick shot before I start to get myself ready...

Last edited by learningtofly; 4th March 2015 at 00:31.

Blog Entries
    The problems a modern young man of means has to deal with these days eh? Tony...:)

Good choice BTW.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    The problems a modern young man of means has to deal with these days eh? Tony...:)

Good choice BTW.

Daddel.
    I'm not sure that I fit any part of that description, Richard, but I'll take it gratefully, thanks!

Craftsman
    That is indeed a wonderful piece. Enjoy your meeting!

Master
    i love that ROC, need to get into town and try some on to see what size suits best.

can see the Daytona getting canned very soon; need some AP love in my life!

Master
    I hope it's a flame / bulletproof suit you're wearing Tony? You do realise you've committed the ultimate sin of showing us a watch you are going to be wearing and it's NOT Friday??? . If the world hasn't spun of it's axis before then have a great time and enjoy wearing the ROC :-)

As there are no cuff links, I am assuming a double cuff shirt. Nice watch and match up with tie.

Beautiful watch, but Tony your starting to get ready at 13.07 for an event this evening. You must have to have one hell of routine to start getting ready this early:)

Cheers, girls

Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    I hope it's a flame / bulletproof suit you're wearing Tony? You do realise you've committed the ultimate sin of showing us a watch you are going to be wearing and it's NOT Friday??? . If the world hasn't spun of it's axis before then have a great time and enjoy wearing the ROC :-)
    Eeek!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    Beautiful watch, but Tony your starting to get ready at 13.07 for an event this evening. You must have to have one hell of routine to start getting ready this early:)
    Well... bath and hair wash (then surf TZ), iron shirt (then surf TZ), shave (then surf TZ), get dressed (then surf TZ)... I think I've cut it fine

Master
    I happened to see one of these in a window yesterday, it really is an awesome piece.

Good shot Tony!

But why you have used the glasses as a prop? What does it represent, is it suggesting we are blind to the beauty of the AP? Are you saying only geeks own an AP? WHAT IS THE HIDDEN MEANING DAMMIT

(for everyone else reference a bad apple in 'digital photography')

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Good shot Tony!

But why you have used the glasses as a prop? What does it represent, is it suggesting we are blind to the beauty of the AP? Are you saying only geeks own an AP? WHAT IS THE HIDDEN MEANING DAMMIT

(for everyone else reference a bad apple in 'digital photography')
    Couldn't see the buggers, could I?

It must be an AP day today. I haven't worn mine in at least a month and suddenly decided to bring it along with me on a short trip.

Craftsman
    Stunning watch & picture!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiloStan View Post
    It must be an AP day today. I haven't worn mine in at least a month and suddenly decided to bring it along with me on a short trip.

Stunning!

I'm really trying to resist an AP as it would mean giving up the SD and X33, however threads like this and the one on SC aren't helping :o)

I hope you had a good evening with the magnificent watch. You could perhaps do with a pair of cufflinks like these to complete the outfit?
    JK

Really nice pic.👍👍

Master
    OP,

is that model a 39mm? i'm starting to get a little obsessed with it and have been scouring for AP's for a while now and the trigger finger is getting very twitchy.

have only seen that model with the Panda in a 39mm but thought i might need a 41mm due to me being a powerfully built director (well a lanky streak of pish with a beer belly is probably more accurate!).

please remove the thread for the health of my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    OP,

is that model a 39mm? i'm starting to get a little obsessed with it and have been scouring for AP's for a while now and the trigger finger is getting very twitchy.

have only seen that model with the Panda in a 39mm but thought i might need a 41mm due to me being a powerfully built director (well a lanky streak of pish with a beer belly is probably more accurate!).

please remove the thread for the health of my wallet.
    Yes, it's 39mm (and to my knowledge it's not available in 41mm), but it does wear a lot larger so you may find that the size is fine.

The panda dial is quite rare, which is why I went for it in the end. Blowers have one (pre-owned/unworn) listed for sale at £14,450 and Watch Club have one the same year as mine (2011) at £11,500. I'm not aware of any others, though, at least here in the UK.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, it's 39mm (and to my knowledge it's not available in 41mm), but it does wear a lot larger so you may find that the size is fine.

The panda dial is quite rare, which is why I went for it in the end. Blowers have one (pre-owned/unworn) listed for sale at £14,450 and Watch Club have one the same year as mine (2011) at £11,500. I'm not aware of any others, though, at least here in the UK.
    yep, seen both of those and need to get into town and try it on, also compare a white face 41mm as an alternative. the Panda does seem to capture the blend of the classic AP look with a little bit of sports added.

Journeyman
    The ROC panda is amazing, truly. Well captured image. I am mesmerized buy this piece. It is a classic especially with the 39mm size

Quote Originally Posted by deluxetime View Post
    The ROC panda is amazing, truly. Well captured image. I am mesmerized buy this piece. It is a classic especially with the 39mm size
    It really is a gorgeous watch. I wear mine a couple of times a week, and it always takes me slightly by surprise.

Master
    Fantastic pictures of the watches. And the cufflinks look great too

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It really is a gorgeous watch. I wear mine a couple of times a week, and it always takes me slightly by surprise.
    I am really thinking on buying that one with the panda dial or the even older black model the 25860 but I am not sure if it might not be to small with 7-7.5 wrist. AP diver fits fine. 15400 AP looks small. But I haven't tried a 41mm or 39mm ROC yet. Especially not with the amazing and only in 39mm available dial. :)

Really love it. What do you think about the movement?