closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: LG Smartwatches

LG Smartwatches

Interesting direction being taken by LG on their smartwatches. I must admit that whilst I like the thought of a smartwatch I wouldn't want to wear one. Does this make me change my mind. I'm not sure....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31684723

What do you reckon?

Ajay

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Interesting direction being taken by LG on their smartwatches. I must admit that whilst I like the thought of a smartwatch I wouldn't want to wear one. Does this make me change my mind. I'm not sure....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31684723

What do you reckon?

Ajay
    I got a LG G watch as a freebie and thought it was garbage, and looks horrible. I think these look horrendous - animated hands!!!?? Just don't get it.

I think these are rather interesting - certainly the most "Dick Tracy" to date.

Looks like there's going to be an increasing distinction between the quantified self devices and the smarter applications of the true smartwatches. Apple seems to have moved away from the former (due largely to regulatory hurdles, it seems), in favour of something more interactive. Haptics are only just being explored, but the Apple Watch appears to be the furthest along that route. I really do hope that the Apple Watch is upgradable - the first sandbenders watch. I just don't get the quantified self stuff at all - but I'm probably alone there. As for the Huawei / LG, at least it looks like a watch (but will you want to run with it?). As for the Montblanc thing, well, why not? It's not a watch, but at least it's wearable.

They say 2015 will be the year of the smartwatch. I have a feeling it'll be the start of a divergence between tracking devices, wearables and the truly smart. I've no idea where they'll go, but I'm almost positive it'll be a fascinating journey...

Master
    I'm pretty sure that I don't need any form of "Smartwatch" and there is no way on earth that I would wear something that looked anything like the Apple watch. However, the traditional look of the LG watch is far more appealing - and of course you have a variety of "dials" to choose from. Possibly for the first time, the Smartwatch is looking like a more attractive proposition - but I still don't need one.