closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch-tool.de a warning

Master

Watch-tool.de a warning

A very poor transaction with Michael Wucherpfennig following a recent order of a pair of springbar tweezers.

They arrived, they were rubbish, requested information on how to return them via his website.

No response, so emailed him directly having located it. Again no response.

Emailed a further time to both of his email addresses to say I would be returning the item. No response.

3 weeks passed since I returned the item and still no communication from him, so open a dispute with PayPal.

He was then prompt to respond asking me to return the item, however I had already done so, in the same manner it was sent to me....untracked.

So without tracking information to provide to PP, and no communcation from Michael, I am now £50 out of pocket and a lesson learned.

He obviously knows the PP policy & process and was therefore able to promptly select the 'return the item with tracking' option in the resolution centre. I will not comment on my assumptions on what Michael has been up to with my return & the PP process as I have no proof, but you know a wrong-un in your gut.

Obviously my lesson has been fairly cheap by comparison as to what could have happened & I now understand the PP policy to make sure it doesnt happen again, I guess I trusted human nature. However the fact he not once returned comment on any emails from a couple of my addresses to all of his - certainly he has no sense of customer service from my interactions, or lack of!

Make sure you follow PP policy on returning items.

Annoyed of Berkshire

£50? Bloody hell ; (

Bad luck. Thanks for sharing. You're very patient though, I would have been straight on to PayPal to click the 'nuke the seller from orbit' button long before a week had elapsed.

Blog Entries
    Ouch. :-( Commiserations.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Noted. Thanks for the warning.

Craftsman
    Cheers for the warning Mj2k

This sort of thing is always a pain - thanks for the heads up at least. Best of luck to you.

Master
    Did you get or ask for a Certificate Of Posting/receipt (with the 'postcode') when you sent it off?
    If so, then that should suffice for Paypal, to verify you returned the item.
    You may also have to submit a claim with Royal Mail, but if the minimum amount is less than the item's value, they'll likely knock it back as under-insured.
    Gone are the days when you could just get something back, even if not the full amount – but worth pursuing nonetheless.

Banned
    I had the same sort of experience on this very forum a few years ago, taken to the cleaners by a wrong-un as you put it, the sad thing is that he still very active on SC today.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Did you get or ask for a Certificate Of Posting/receipt (with the 'postcode') when you sent it off?
    If so, then that should suffice for Paypal, to verify you returned the item.
    PayPal's rules require that a fully tracked service is used. Neither a Certificate of Posting nor a Signed For service will suffice.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    PayPal's rules require that a fully tracked service is used. Neither a Certificate of Posting nor a Signed For service will suffice.
    In the event he has something rather than nothing, it'll suffice – it's up to the OP to argue the case, especially given the seller was under no obligation to prove it'd been sent similarly.

Why didn't you send it using tracked and signed-for post?

With a last name like that I would never have trusted him. Translation: Fraudepenny.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    I had the same sort of experience on this very forum a few years ago, taken to the cleaners by a wrong-un as you put it, the sad thing is that he still very active on SC today.
    Did you H&V..?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    In the event he has something rather than nothing, it'll suffice – it's up to the OP to argue the case, especially given the seller was under no obligation to prove it'd been sent similarly.
    You really don't have a clue how PayPal works, do you?

Why don't you send him an early Christmas card. Tracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post

Did you bring this to the attention of the forum at the time so he could be given a very wide berth ??

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Why don't you send him an early Christmas card. Tracked.
    ^ This

Personally I'd be buying £100 worth of stuff via another account and then claiming non-receipt.

Two wrongs make me feel better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Did you H&V..?
    +1

That's what I wondered.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Why didn't you send it using tracked and signed-for post?
    Because I was foolish & in a rush, will not make that mistake again.

Never had any issue before in the returning of items through non recorded post, so kind of got used to a gentlemanly level of trust with transactions. It might very well be that it never arrived with him, but then why wouldn't he have replied to my many emails saying he had not received the item back. All too convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchesRmypassion View Post
    With a last name like that I would never have trusted him. Translation: Fraudepenny.
    Haha brilliant, wish I had checked first!

Matt

I know it's no consolation, but I pinch my wife's from her make-up bag ....

Journeyman
    l had a similar experience and like yourself l learned the hard way.
    Thaks for sharing yours with us.
    Last edited by captain_hx; 4th March 2015 at 07:04.

I had a couple of good transactions with him probably two years ago now and when I enquired about something recently he came back immediately with an honest answer so hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end for him.

I've just (today) ordered something from him. Should I be worried

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquavit View Post
    I've just (today) ordered something from him. Should I be worried
    Just go straight through PP dispute if you need to return it!

I was tempted to email from a new address to see if he replied to sales opportunities, but frankly I don't have the time!

Master
    I too had ordered a springbar tool from him. Delivered in reasonable time.
    But emails to clarify order went unanswered.
    He's had a few negative reviews mostly along delays in responding to email
    Here's the link to my thread
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=watch-tool.de

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I had a couple of good transactions with him probably two years ago now and when I enquired about something recently he came back immediately with an honest answer so hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end for him.
    I've ordered from them in the past as well, never any issues and everything was delivered as promised. I never had to return anything though. Germany has excellent customer protection laws and it's a shame this didn't work out for you.

Though they do seem to be slipping on the service as my recent e-mail in regard to the difference of 2 products went unanswered (€100+ value products). I ended up calling them and they didn't really speak enough English to be helpful. It seems like there are no good watch tool webshops left :(.

It's very important to use tracking when doing anything through PayPal - you'll always lose if you don't.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozzy View Post
    I've ordered from them in the past as well, never any issues and everything was delivered as promised. I never had to return anything though. Germany has excellent customer protection laws and it's a shame this didn't work out for you.

Though they do seem to be slipping on the service as my recent e-mail in regard to the difference of 2 products went unanswered (€100+ value products). I ended up calling them and they didn't really speak enough English to be helpful. It seems like there are no good watch tool webshops left :(.

It's very important to use tracking when doing anything through PayPal - you'll always lose if you don't.
    One of my emails even had a German translation to remove any doubt as to my intent.

I've lost bigger sums on watches, it's just the principle that annoys me here.

How was the payment funded? If card then see if bank can help, if direct debit it'll be harder but still a possibility. If from PayPal balance... That's that.

Master
    I thought so too but I've had a ruling in a buyer's favour where they returned an item to me without tracking and I claimed I didn't get the item to see if they cared and no they sided with the buyer straight away and refunded him.

What country was that buyer based?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    +1

That's what I wondered.

Daddel.
    Seek and you will find. I for one know he's not trustworthy, so buy at your own risk.

Journeyman
    Where about to use the site. :o

Thanks for sharing!

I had a similar issue some years ago and I was told by paypal (i actually phoned them up) that under a certain value, certificate of posting was enough and that indeed I could post a turd to the vendor
    and would get a refund.... believe me it was tempting

perhaps paypal have changed the rules for recorded delivery

Master
    Why not put an appropriate dealer testimonial in H&V.