closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Laings the jeweller "incident"

Laings the jeweller "incident"

Looks like something happened in Laings of Edinburgh this morning, according to their Facebook page.

Hope all are ok, I get on well with a few of the staff in there and hold them in high regard

If so, that's the 3 high-end watch retailers in Edinburgh targetted in the past year or so (H&I and Rox previously) - not to mention the Yachtmaster stolen from a pawnbroker's window last month. A sad state of affairs.

Master
    Some low life with a hand gun raided the store this morning. Hard to imagine how traumatic that must be for the poor sales assistants caught up in this. The staff there are really nice people. They've been targeted before. Hope no-one was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    If so, that's the 3 high-end watch retailers in Edinburgh targetted in the past year or so (H&I and Rox previously) - not to mention the Yachtmaster stolen from a pawnbroker's window last month. A sad state of affairs.
    Agreed - thoughts are with the always helpful and friendly staff at Laings and the taxi driver - I hope they catch the robber(s) quickly.

Banned
    Terrible News, I know some of the staff very well, all good people.

Nicked

A 24-year-old man has been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at an Edinburgh jewellers.

The robbery took place at Laing the Jewellers in Frederick Street on Monday morning.

The man is being held after police carried out a search of a property in Chesser Grove on Thursday. Officers recovered a significant quantity of heroin with a street value of about £47,000, two firearms, ammunition and a quantity of cash. A second man, 26, who is not believed to have been involved in the armed robbery, was arrested at the property for firearms and drug-related offences. Both are due to appear in Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Monday.

Det Insp Grant Johnston, of Police Scotland, said: "Following investigation officers have arrested and charged a 24-year-old man in connection with an armed robbery at Laing the Jeweller. As part of our inquiries we also recovered a quantity of drugs and firearms, and a second male has been arrested for these offences. I would also add that police are still attempting to trace the Rolex watches that were stolen from the jewellers and I would ask anyone who can provide information on their whereabouts to call police immediately."

BBC