closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Glasshutte Original repair

Glasshutte Original repair

Hi guys, I have just picked up a Sport Evo in part trade but for some reason the bezel ratchet has failed, its rotating freeling with zero resistance. Has anybody had a similar experience with this model? If not any suggestions for repairs?
    thanks
    Keith

Have you taken the bezel off to find out what the problem is?

I had similar on a BPFF so popped the bezel to find the tang on the ratchet spring ring had broken away ... simple fix to cut and bend a new tang in the ring and then reassemble.

Thanks not yet, I did try sliding a slim knife under it and applied pressure but unlike when Ive replaced Seiko bezels with ease this one didnt want to budge, and I dont want to damage it by forcing it just in case there is a specific location on the bezel that needs to be accessed.
    Cheers Keith

Quick update for those in similar situation ref GO servicing.

I used the web contact form on the Glashutte site to enquire about repair and service, received a call the following day (thats not a usual response from web requests) and the helpful lady suggested it could go back to Harrods Where it was originally bought or I could send it direct for an estimate. The full service with case refurb was quoted at €590 which isnt silly, plus the bezel repair. swatch UK is not allowed to service this movement so that option is out.

Wempe can service the watch, they estimated £600 to £700...plus the bezel repair...so guess thats not an option.

In the end Steve at Rytetime is prepared to see if he can fix the bezel, if not its off to Glashutte.

keith

Craftsman
    I dealt directly with Glashutte in Germany when I swapped my solid case back to glass case back and can't complain. Their communication was excellent and the price was extremely reasonable. Not the quickest turnaround though (6 weeks from memory).