closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Prospex Kinetic ..

Seiko Prospex Kinetic ..

So I finally pulled the trigger on Rob's Prospex a couple of weeks ago .. It's a stunning piece, without doubt the heaviest watch I've ever come across but surprisingly that sense of heft seems to disappear once it's on the wrist.

However there is just one gripe I have - the crown is really sharp and while it sits just about flush with the base of the watch, it sticks out far enough to be a real @rseache as it really digs into the back of my hand, so much that it is really quite painful and takes a lot of the pleasure out of wearing it.

So - does anyone else have the same problem and if so do you live with it, or have you thought about replacing or modifying the crown??

I'd be really interested to get some feedback on this ...

G

At a push, you could try wearing it on your right wrist.

That's like folding your arms the wrong way or having a left-handed w@nk .... you know it just feel wrong.

It's a shame that it doesn't ship with a 4 o'clock crown ...

G

[QUOTE=Gregorius;3439420]That's like folding your arms the wrong way or having a left-handed w@nk ....

Left or right you'll be able to keep it fully charged , it's water proof take it in the shower
    Gillian Anderson on top gear keep you going

Sounds like your wearing it very low on your wrist for it to do that.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's a pain in the backside when this happens but sometimes watches just don't fit :(
    Sell it, move on and buy something that you can wear.

Which model Prospex is this? And whilst we are on the subject (and as a lefty who has always worn a watch on my right wrist) remind me why the vast majority of watches have the crown at 3, when it would clearly be more comfortable for 'righties' to have it at 9? - apart from winding a watch on your wrist (which I've never done in over 35 years wearing watches) isn't 9 a more logical position?

Are you talking about this one?

If so I am surprised. This is my daily wearer and the crown itself is very short.
    I guess wrists vary.
    Actually this picture makes it look enormous - it is quite large but still well within the wrist width.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Which model Prospex is this? And whilst we are on the subject (and as a lefty who has always worn a watch on my right wrist) remind me why the vast majority of watches have the crown at 3, when it would clearly be more comfortable for 'righties' to have it at 9? - apart from winding a watch on your wrist (which I've never done in over 35 years wearing watches) isn't 9 a more logical position?
    It occurs to me that the best crown position for everyone might be 12 or 6! :-)

I found occasionally had the same issue when worn on the bracelet as the watch is so top heavy. I then put the watch on a nato and i have had no issues since.

I have a new sun021 on a rubber / silicone strap and find it very comfortable and my crown is not a problem.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rage View Post
    I have a new sun021 on a rubber / silicone strap and find it very comfortable and my crown is not a problem.
    Same here as regards the SUN21 and for a watch as large as this it's surprisingly confortable. Are you wearing on the bracelet or strap? The silicone strap is very supple.

Yup Routers - that's the one although it's on a different bracelet.

Yes, I like them loose and can't understand how anyone can wear a watch that looks like it's cutting off the blood supply to their hand!

I also have an Orange Bullet but the crown on that one is at 4 o'clock which is perfect, an it would have been both practically and aesthetically a great feature to have had on the 019 too...

Having got the TAG back from being repaired I've been wearing that mostly, but I put the Seiko on this morning just to see how it was - initially it was fine, but after an hour I was shifting it back and forth trying to get the crown off the (painful) dent in my hand. So I think I'm going to have to admit defeat with this one and make it my first flipper - shame really cos it's a damn fine watch and I really do like it, but just can't wear the bugger! (I also had plans to swap the flat crystal with a blue a/r domed item - potentially stunning!).

Win some, lose some...

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

G