closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roland Kemmner

I hope Eddie is looking for a new manufacturer. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Tried both RK´s landline and mobile, no answer on either.

Grand Master
    There's a simple answer to this. Roland should be prepared to make parts available for watches that are out of warranty. I can understand (from Eddie's position) the need to control warranty work but once a watch is out of warranty it should be down to the owner to chose who he sends it to if work is needed.

As I see it, this would keep everyone happy and it would lighten Kemmner's workload.

Paul

Yup, I agree Paul...as it stands I´m in limbo for nearly 7 months with not a word from RK, he hasn´t even replied to the first email back in March which politely asked if he could confirm he´d received my watches, several polite emails over the following months (all translated into German by a friend) sent to both his addresses and not a dicky bird...So who knows.
    Had he supplied the parts as originally requested, I´m sure I would have had the fixed watches back several months ago.
    I guess all I can do is keep trying to reach him on the phone but from the sound of Jaunty´s experience it doesn´t bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    There's a simple answer to this. Roland should be prepared to make parts available for watches that are out of warranty......

Paul
    Or advise from where the parts might be obtained.

I´m probably wrong, I often am, but since TF watches are assembled from non stock parts can´t Eddie elaborate on where they can be obtained?

I´ve tried calling Roland Kemmner on both his lines repeatedly but no answer..Has anyone had any contact with him recently?

Roland had a mini-stroke a month ago and lost his speech and the use of one arm. He's making a good recovery.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I genuinely hope he gets well soon, however that's not an excuse for people who sent watches to him well over half a year ago and not heard a thing....

Ah well I hope he makes a full recovery, thanks for the update eddie, I guess it must´ve happened just after Jaunty had managed to speak to him in early September.
    Sad as it is, it does highlight the problems of dealing with a one man band, presumably this will affect even those TF watches that have gone back to RK under warranty also?

If I´m being realistic under these circumstances and based on the lack of communication prior to this, I suppose I should probably write off the 2 TF watches I sent him.
    Cest la vie.
    Last edited by Passenger; 7th October 2015 at 10:46.

I hope Roland makes a full and quick recovery, but even more reason to get some help in?

Quote Originally Posted by Wexford View Post
    I hope Roland makes a full and quick recovery, but even more reason to get some help in?
    Sad news, but as has been said, he was terrible at communications anyway and many people have parted with their watches only to hear nothing for months. I certainly wouldn't send him anything for repair, and to be honest, knowing that he's the only repair option makes me think twice about buying a Timefactors watch. Nothing against him personally.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michalko82 View Post
    I genuinely hope he gets well soon, however that's not an excuse for people who sent watches to him well over half a year ago and not heard a thing....
    compassion is strong in this one, get a grip mate, the guy is seriously unwell and I am sure everything will be in order soon enough.

god forbid you ever experience a life changing event, lets see how you cope and how your affairs are after that.

hope he gets well soon.
    Last edited by soundood; 7th October 2015 at 17:08.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    compassion is strong in this one, get a grip mate, the guy is seriously unwell and I am sure everything will be in order soon enough.

god forbid you ever experience a life changing event, lets see how you cope and how your affairs are after that.

hope he gets well soon.
    Of course, his mini stroke last month is TOTALLY responsible for shite service over 6 months ago??!

Thinking is is not strong with this one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Of course, his mini stroke last month is TOTALLY responsible for shite service over 6 months ago??!
    I suspect it is the other way round; stress from failing to cope may have contributed to his mini-stroke.

Hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery and people are reunited with their watches.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I send 3 or 4 watches back for repair most months and they are usually returned in 4 - 6 weeks, which I think is reasonable (I have approximately 2500 watches still under guarantee at any one time). I know that availability of parts can cause a delay but I don't think Roland has said he can't repair any watch which has been sent to him. The problem appears to be more one of poor communication than anything else.

Eddie
    Uhm, not wishing to be uncharitable towards Roland but do you have a plan B Eddie?

Only asking because it occurs to me that IF I can get my broken watches returned at some yet to be determined point, I might still perhaps be able to get the parts for someone else to repair them?

Or is everything on hold, pending Rolands hopefully full recovery?

Roland has 3 watchmakers and I've been getting warranty work back as usual.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Bully for you and I´m glad to hear it, as many hands make light work, so they say:).

..Perhaps I´ll hear something from RK eventually if not they´re only watches..
    Last edited by Passenger; 8th October 2015 at 14:55. Reason: Bored now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post

hope he gets well soon.
    I have no watches with him by the way so I could not care less... Compassion in current situation- Yes. Take it into consideration as an excuse for his past poor customer service - No.

Master
    I did consider a Kemmner watch just last year when i first started getting interested in watches. Eventually i bought something else at around that price point.

Being new to this whole WIS thing this thread really has made me think about where i'm putting my money with regard to micro brand watches made from non stock parts. It has definitely swayed my opinion on future purchases.

Master
    Roland has 3 watchmakers and I've been getting warranty work back as usual.

Eddie
    So just to clarify, once one of your watches is out of warranty and a problem arises, should we send them to you to organise repair?

Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    So just to clarify, once one of your watches is out of warranty and a problem arises, should we send them to you to organise repair?
    That's not a problem at all but it won't be free ;-)

Eddie

Master

Eddie

Of course, thanks.

Master
    All the best to Roland for his recovery. Regardless of the chaotic service it's a horrible thing to happen to anyone.

Eddie
    Nor quick if the experience of myself and others on this thread is anything to go by;)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Bully for you and I´m glad to hear it, as many hands make light work, so they say:).

..Perhaps I´ll hear something from RK eventually if not they´re only watches..
    I think you need to look at your behaviour on this thread, you are coming across as being arsey to Eddie on his own forum, now do you blame Eddie personally for your situation or are you just venting your frustration at him?, either way it's...arsey.

Mike

Nor quick if the experience of myself and others on this thread is anything to go by;)
    I've always had a round trip of 5 - 6 weeks, which I think is pretty good.

Eddie

Apologies all round then...Far from reasonable treatment at the hands of out hosts supplier but I appreciate it´s out of his control.

Frustration getting the better of me clearly.

My brother has send in a watch already some time ago and hasn't managed to get any sign from Roland.

Now I read the circumstances Roland has to deal with and I wish him a good recovery.

Is one of the other watchmakers at his company in any way reachable? by mail or phone? Just to check if they recieved the watch?

Thanks,
    Gregor

Craftsman
    I am sorry to hear of Mr Kemmner's recent ill health and wish him a speedy recovery.

My PRS20-LE has been with him and his watchmakers for over a year now. If TZ-UK are prepared to be the handler (at a cost) for future out of warranty work I am sure that would help reassure current and future owners of Kemmner watches. In the meantime there is not much I can do.

Might I also wish him a full recovery too... not a pleasant illness.

I have a small issue with my PRS25 which my repairer could do for me the quickly if I could get the parts... but this is unlikely apparently. I can put up with the issue in the meantime, hopefully the lengthy waiting time will reduce in due course.

Rod

Craftsman
    I am delighted to advise a long lost friend is home (rubbish pic below). After 14 months I asked Eddie if he would mind getting in touch wth Roland Kemmner, as I had all but given up. Lo & behold in a very short time Mr Kemmner emailed me and confirmed the watch was on its way back to me. I asked about the cost and he kindly advised the repair was free given the long delay. And a free new leather strap too.

So all is well that ends well. I can't speak for Eddie but I believe he did say on this thread he would be happy to facilitate out of warranty repairs for Kemmner built TF watches (I would expect with a handling cost). If so then that should reassure anyone with TF Kemmner watches or thinking of buying one.

Peace out. Sean

Last edited by Jaunty; 20th January 2016 at 23:48.

I spoke with Roland Kemmner today, third/fourth time I think since pre-Christmas, and he has told me my watches have been located, are being repaired and likely will be sent back to me tomorrow and I can expect an email confirming such.

Craftsman
    I spoke with Roland Kemmner today, third/fourth time I think since pre-Christmas, and he has told me my watches have been located, are being repaired and likely will be sent back to me tomorrow and I can expect an email confirming such.
    Sounds positive. Hope all comes good. I am wearing the PRS20-LE today nice to have a smart dress watch back (well kind of) it is my only one really.

Thanks Jaunty, I´ve really been missing my Smiths Everest so it will be very nice to have it back. I´m glad you got your 20 back and are enjoying it.

Me to Roland via email 2nd Jan 2016
    "Hello and Happy New Year,

Can you advise of cost and availability of a stainless steel bracelet for the 007 ?

Thanks in advance

Roland to me 3rd Jan 2016
    "The price for the ss-bracelet fitting "007 aged lume" and "007-Harley" is
    60,00 Euro + 6,00 Euro shipping costs.
    Best regards
    Roland

My reply to Roland 3rd Jan 2016
    "Hi Roland,

That is very good. I would like to order one please.
    My wrist size is 205mm, will it be sufficient size ?
    How would you like me to pay ?

Thanks

Not a jot of a word since.......

I'd read about this guy and his speed of reply so was chuffed when he got back to me next day but maybe what I'd read really was true....

Just an update to this. I've recently been talking with Roland over email and it appears he is no longer producing his own watches under his own name, whether that means he no longer produces watches for anyone I do not know. Who makes Eddie's watches now?

The last watch I received from Roland was the PRS-82 in May 2017. I haven't ordered more because the price increased by 40% post-Brexit and a 40% price increase definitely wouldn't be popular with customers. Roland hasn't informed me that he's not making watches and we have been discussing a new model.

The PRS-18Q COSC was made in Switzerland only because that's a requirement for COSC watches.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Me to Roland via email 2nd Jan 2016
    "Hello and Happy New Year,
    Can you advise of cost and availability of a stainless steel bracelet for the 007 ?
    Thanks in advance

Roland to me 3rd Jan 2016
    "The price for the ss-bracelet fitting "007 aged lume" and "007-Harley" is 60,00 Euro + 6,00 Euro shipping costs.
    Best regards
    Roland

My reply to Roland 3rd Jan 2016
    "Hi Roland,
    That is very good. I would like to order one please. My wrist size is 205mm, will it be sufficient size ? How would you like me to pay ?
    Thanks

Not a jot of a word since.......
    I had a similar conversation with him. Asked about an alternative dial for a watch I have, got a quick, helpful reply with price info, emailed back asking to buy one but not a word from him since. It's no big deal. I would still like the dial and will email again at some point, hopefully more successfully.