closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: <<<< PRS-25 Smiths Everest - Just because....>>>>

Master
    ^^Thanks^^

I've put mine on Eddie's new black nato today and it's as good as any combo I've ever tried, I love it.

Wanted to see what it was all about and I'm suitably impressed

Master
    Tried the bracelet over the last few weeks, can't bring myself to wear it it's definitely not for me.Put it on Eddie's new grey Nato today and it looks superb, so that's where it's staying.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Tried the bracelet over the last few weeks, can't bring myself to wear it it's definitely not for me.Put it on Eddie's new grey Nato today and it looks superb, so that's where it's staying.
    Odd thing.

For as long as I can recall, I've only worn watches on bracelets. Never wanted to wear them on straps.

Things seem to have changed over the last year or so, and now it's rare for me to wear a watch on a bracelet.

I suspect the purchase of a few deployants has helped.

I fancied a vintage black strap for mine, something a bit gnarly and worn that I didn't have to be precious about. So I contacted Sean (Gobo) to see what he could do.

Well, this is what he can do, exactly to spec:

I'm very happy with it!

Enjoying the bracelet at the moment

TaketheCannoli that strap is superb , love the gnarly and worn look .

Master
    I still think the hands are too short.

Eddie, something to amend in the new batch?

Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post

There are a new batch of TaketheCannolis?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcb2007 View Post
    Thanks, I love it. It's easily one of the best leathers I've had and at a fraction of the cost of some of the more expensive ones. Sean's a really good bloke with a great skill.

Actually I had the watch and strap on today and it was commented on for the first time, and by a bloke who was wearing a lovely vintage Breitling chrono.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 19th July 2015 at 22:15.

I love my PRS-25.
    I have two Gobo straps and they're great.
    I like that strap.
    I don't think it suits the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'm very happy with it!
    is really all that matters.

I've got one due and intend to wear it on the bracelet, but notice that most end up on leather or nato strap. As I'm not keen on either, what's the reason for this - is the bracelet uncomfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I've got one due and intend to wear it on the bracelet, but notice that most end up on leather or nato strap. As I'm not keen on either, what's the reason for this - is the bracelet uncomfortable?
    I guess that there are a number of reasons - aesthetics, dislike of bracelets etc etc

When I had one I thought that the bracelet was good quality and no problem in relation to comfort. In my case I found that it made what is for me quite a large watch feel even bigger on the wrist

I sometimes think Eddie should do a watch-head only option for forum members, as the majority sold with bracelets appear to end up being removed. I'm sure it must cost him time and money to produce them too.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 25th July 2015 at 15:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcb2007 View Post
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post

No, the hands are perfect. I've worn mine for four years and have never thought they were too short.

There are loads of threads about this. If you have smaller wrists the raised centre links of the bracelet make the whole watch wear much bigger. I love the quality and taper of the bracelet, it just wear so much smaller on leather or NATO.

How many inches is a small wrist? (I don't know what size mine are).
    Last edited by bonzo697; 25th July 2015 at 16:02.

How many inches is a small wrist? (I don't know what size mine are).
    Mine is 6.75" or around 17cm.

I just found out I'm about 20cm, which must be medium. If it looks like Montybaber's shot above I'll be more than happy.

I just found out I'm about 20cm, which must be medium. If it looks like Montybaber's shot above I'll be more than happy.
    My wrist is under 7" so size wont be an issue

The Everest arrived and the bracelet is very comfortable. (It didn't even need adjusting). The watch feels slightly heavy, but I've been wearing a plastic Timex for the past few weeks.

My time with the Everest is coming to an end but it has been enjoyable and will probably get another one day

Took this pic today and that crystal does have a strange effect on the dial :)

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    My time with the Everest is coming to an end but it has been enjoyable and will probably get another one day

Took this pic today and that crystal does have a strange effect on the dial :)

That's a stunner ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    That's a stunner ;-)
    Hope you enjoy it as much as i have

Had mine for nearly a month now and it's still on the bracelet. It's probably the most comfortable bracelet I've worn, other than my old Omega SMP 200m.
    I only wish the watch was slightly smaller - 38mm would have be ideal for me. Apart from that I'm more than happy with it.

I only wish the watch was slightly smaller - 38mm would have be ideal for me. Apart from that I'm more than happy with it.
    It wears smaller when it's off the bracelet. The beauty of this watch is it works on every conceivable type of strap: leather, rubber, NATO and the bracelet.

^I bought the watch specifically for the bracelet as I'm not that keen on leather straps and can't abide Natos. I agree if you remove it you take away some of the heft, but it will still be 40mm, and as I said I before 38mm was just a nice to have. It's still a great watch.

Here's mine from the very first batch along with:

- Bracelet
    - Tan Pav leather
    - Gobo vintage black leather
    - Timefactors natos in black, grey and green
    - Grey leather nato

Something for every occasion:

Master
    I am looking at Pav's tan strap for mine at the moment, can't believe you've just posted a picture! Do you have a shot of the leather Nato on the watch Dave as I'm undecided between the two.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    I am looking at Pav's tan strap for mine at the moment, can't believe you've just posted a picture! Do you have a shot of the leather Nato on the watch Dave as I'm undecided between the two.
    Thanks.
    I don't Barry but there is really no comparison between the two as the Pav is in a different league to most leathers I've owned, even those costing three times the price!

Master
    Cheers Dave.

Smiths Everest

I have been looking (day dreaming about) some Tudors and Rolex's of this same expedition style. I have to say the Smiths Everest is a great looking time piece which I would love to have on my wrist in the not doo distant future. What size is the bezel? Ideally I'd like something around 40-42mm.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    I have been looking (day dreaming about) some Tudors and Rolex's of this same expedition style. I have to say the Smiths Everest is a great looking time piece which I would love to have on my wrist in the not doo distant future. What size is the bezel? Ideally I'd like something around 40-42mm.
    40 Darren

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    40 Darren
    Cheers Paul!

Had mine a month and have to say the crystal scratches very easily, which is a bit disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Had mine a month and have to say the crystal scratches very easily, which is a bit disappointing...
    It's bound to being plexi but you can also remove those marks very easily with Polywatch. Plexi is soft but it's still my favourite as it gives warmth and distortion like nothing else. I've had my Everest for over 4 years and I give the plexi a once-over about once a year.

It's bound to being plexi but you can also remove those marks very easily with Polywatch. Plexi is soft but it's still my favourite as it gives warmth and distortion like nothing else. I've had my Everest for over 4 years and I give the plexi a once-over about once a year.
    Ah ok thanks for the advice time to buy some me thinks.

Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Lovely watch on a lovely strap.

Master
    I blow hot and cold on this more than any other watch depending on straps. I wanted one then when i went to buy, the last batch had just ran out. Went off the watch and had a new obsession, watched several come and go on SC and now i'm really fancying one again. Sods law the recent flow of them on SC has turned to a drought.

^I'm not sure they all sold on SC, they may have just dropped off? I'd recommend trying one. For me it only works on the bracelet, which makes it quite chunky but also makes it a great all-rounder.

Its funny I have been looking at this watch all week, went to order one from Timefactors site on Thursday and came up with that not taking orders until the 20th October Anyone have a mint one they want to sell by any chance?

I wear my Everest on a nato at lest 50% of the time. I ordered a 20mm Coyote Brown from Eddie for my G10 which arrived today and I think it might just be the perfect nato for the Everest. If only they came in 22mm, although I will live with the 20mm being a little gappy.

I wear my Everest on a nato at lest 50% of the time. I ordered a 20mm Coyote Brown from Eddie for my G10 which arrived today and I think it might just be the perfect nato for the Everest.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think there's a strap out there that doesn't work on the Everest. It's such a versatile watch.

That said, that's a particularly good combo. :)

Here it is on a lovely thick shell cordovan Toshi.

Very nice Sean.

Journeyman
    Very nice indeed

i like the watches indeed.