closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: <<<< PRS-25 Smiths Everest - Just because....>>>>

I swapped from my Everest to a Damasko DC56 a couple of days ago after @ 3.5 weeks of wearing it, it's so comfy and legible it seems a shame to change! It's been on a TSS Titan from minute 1, the bracelet is still in the case with the stickers on.

F.T.F.A.

Master
    David, just wondered if you had a side by side shot of the Everest and Bulova, to get a perspective of the moon watch.
    I've looked at the non bracelet version for months but still undecided and I have a 7.5" wrist!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    David, just wondered if you had a side by side shot of the Everest and Bulova, to get a perspective of the moon watch.
    I've looked at the non bracelet version for months but still undecided and I have a 7.5" wrist!
    Thanks.
    Just for you Barry on my 6.75" wrist ;)

Everest v Bulova by David Douglas

Master
    Cheers Dave 👍 Very helpful!
    Thanks ;)

Apprentice
    Doesn't look more than a couple of mil difference in lug length and the moon watch will wear smaller due to the strap rather than bracelet.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Mine stays on the bracelet as the watch never comes off (save for mountain biking) and goes sailing, swimming and snorkelling so the bracelet dries quickly and sea water doesn't do any harm to it (completely buggers leather and canvas). I also love the way Plexi makes the watch looks lived-in, especially with a few scuffs on it.
    Top all-round watch, damn accurate too.

I'd forgotten how fantastic these are:

Untitled by David Douglas

Untitled by David Douglas

Master

^^^^Great photo

Master
    Thanks, finally bought a cheap light box from eBay

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    One of these beauties on eBay at moment (not mine and nothing to do with me) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-Eve...wAAOSwU8hY7TPl

I always love wearing mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this pic!

I'm having a black Chromexcel leather made for me and I'll post pics on arrival

I put mine on a TF black nato yesterday but I wasn't feeling it at all so I put it straight back on the bracelet:

Everest on Timefactors Black Nato by David Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I put mine on a TF black nato yesterday but I wasn't feeling it at all so I put it straight back on the bracelet:

Everest on Timefactors Black Nato by David Douglas
    I'm going to send mine to you to put my bracelet back on at this rate

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    I'm going to send mine to you to put my bracelet back on at this rate

Feel free to

Yours must be a bitch as both of mine have been OK and this ones easier than the last.

Feel free to

Yours must be a bitch as both of mine have been OK and this ones easier than the last.
    I'll have another go on Sunday, and if I still cannot do it then it's on it's way to you.

It's probably just a knack/technique, I never had problems with SKX's when lots of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    I'll have another go on Sunday, and if I still cannot do it then it's on it's way to you.

It's probably just a knack/technique, I never had problems with SKX's when lots of people do.
    I think it's just the knack. When you put the end link to the watch, make sure it's lying flat against the back of the lugs with both spring bars over lapping the lugs. Then push one spring bar inside the case, followed by the other and wriggle until you hear the clicks. You might need to put the forked end of the spring bar tool into the recess just to slightly work the bar into the hole. I test the alignment by putting the pointed end of the spring bar tool into the lug hole from the outside and, if the tool and the spring bar line up then it's in securely.

I'm more then happy to do it for you though.

I think it's just the knack. When you put the end link to the watch, make sure it's lying flat against the back of the lugs with both spring bars over lapping the lugs. Then push one spring bar inside the case, followed by the other and wriggle until you hear the clicks. You might need to put the forked end of the spring bar tool into the recess just to slightly work the bar into the hole. I test the alignment by putting the pointed end of the spring bar tool into the lug hole from the outside and, if the tool and the spring bar line up then it's in securely.

I'm more then happy to do it for you though.
    I think I just got past it last time I tried (in my mind I was doing it exactly as you described haha). I'll give you a shout if I fail again. Cheers, Ant.

Onto a leather backed canvas today nice and comfy.

Apprentice
    Looking nice on canvas...

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Arrived yesterday, 24 hours after ordering from Eddie - fantastic service!

Immediately replaced the bracelet with a black Toshi and loving it.....

Journeyman
    This watch is the reason I joined, still deciding if I should bite the bullet and just order, I usually like to try before I buy. Looks great on brown leather, IMO. Surprised by the size comparison shot with the bulova moon watch, I thought it would appear smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by fierbois16 View Post
    This watch is the reason I joined, still deciding if I should bite the bullet and just order, I usually like to try before I buy. Looks great on brown leather, IMO. Surprised by the size comparison shot with the bulova moon watch, I thought it would appear smaller.
    Honestly, just buy it. I ummed and ahhed for about 5 years. Finally got one at Christmas. It's far and away my most worn. It is so versatile: from suit and tie, to jeans and t-shirt, it just works.

It doesn't look bad on tan either!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    Honestly, just buy it. I ummed and ahhed for about 5 years. Finally got one at Christmas. It's far and away my most worn. It is so versatile: from suit and tie, to jeans and t-shirt, it just works.
    Ambiguous question but does it wear larger than its 40mm? I had imagined that it would be a smaller, dressier watch than my 42mm ish divers. I was just surprised how it looked next to the bulova moonwatch which I think is 45mm? That said it seems a good size in the wrist shots.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    It doesn't look bad on tan either!

Looks great on tan

Ambiguous question but does it wear larger than its 40mm? I had imagined that it would be a smaller, dressier watch than my 42mm ish divers. I was just surprised how it looked next to the bulova moonwatch which I think is 45mm? That said it seems a good size in the wrist shots.
    As the latest wrist shots are mine let me take a stab at an answer!

Of course it's only been a couple of days but I don't find it noticeably wears any larger than it's size would suggest. Comparing it to either my Seiko Monsters or my Sub, which generally get most wrist time, it has the same sense of just seeming to feel "right".

Admittedly I've only had it on thick leather straps and perhaps if I'd had it on Perlon then the additional size might have been more noticeable - I'll maybe give that a try at the weekend.

Looking now, it could be the length of the lugs that could possibly prove problematic for someone with smaller wrists? I am sure others will offer their opinions on that.

Not the greatest photo but does this help?

Journeyman
    Thanks for all the comparisons. I think it wears bigger than I had imagined but certainly no bigger than what I think is comfortable for me.

It's odd how comparison shots with other models plays trick on the eye, we'll my anyway.

It 100% wears large. The flattish case/lugs make it seem larger than it is. I wear a few 44mm (turtle, sumo etc) and this wears as long as them to me, obviously with a smaller dial. Great watch and very suitable for most situations be it smart or casual.

Master
    Found this book in a local charity shop,

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    Found this book in a local charity shop,
    Wow with a free watch can I get the watch please ?

I'm sure it will be a good read

Looking good on one of Adi's handmade dark brown straps - will try to get a better photo over the weekend

[IMG][/IMG]

I've tried the bracelet so many times, but it just doesn't work for me. Nato for me at the moment.

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

So nine years after purchasing my first Everest from the very first batch, I have another one. I picked this up from Paul (walkerwek1958) and it's everything he said it would be. After being fully stripped, serviced, lubed and regulated you could argue it's in better shape than when it left the factory! Cosmetically it's amazing.

I know the recent iterations of the Everest have taken it closer to the Explorer but there's still room for this model in the ranks of great Smiths Everests. The longer and bolder minute markers and the distortion created by the plexi make this model stand out on its own for me. Every time I look at it it's striking, different and rather unique.

On a Timefactors original green nato while I await delivery of a couple of leathers for it.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 11th March 2021 at 17:04. Reason: Pic added.

So nine years after purchasing my first Everest from the very first batch, I have another one. I picked this up from Paul (walkerwek1958) and it's everything he said it would be. After being fully stripped, serviced, lubed and regulated you could argue it's in better shape than when it left the factory! Cosmetically it's amazing.

I know the recent iterations of the Everest have taken it closer to the Explorer but there's still room for this model in the ranks of great Smiths Everests. The longer and bolder minute markers and the distortion created by the plexi make this model stand out on its own for me. Every time I look at it it's striking, different and rather unique.

On a Timefactors original green nato while I await delivery of a couple of leathers for it.

Fantastic! Enjoy that very special watch....

A good purchase indeed. I have the same watch, and also the first version of the 36mm. They are quite different in character and there's no conflict to make me want to sell either. The 40mm stays on Haveston canvas and the 36mm stays on the rivet bracelet. The 40mm's bracelet is in the box unworn and stickered, the original and vastly oversized bracelet from the 36mm was never worn and I gave it away in return for a donation to Eddie's fundraiser, having bought a rivet bracelet when Eddie made them available.

F.T.F.A.

Mine on the rivet bracelet, I find it very comfortable, superb watch👍

Craftsman
    I had one of these I so regret letting it go

On a stunning Pav leather:

On a stunning Pav leather:

Looks stunning 👌

Craftsman

That is lovely! I saw Pauls advert and I was amazed that it sat unsold for a couple of days. I was sooo tempted.

He then threatened to put on eBay I think !! Looking at the post count I at the time I think I was one of the first to view the ad and on reflection should have pounced and bought it. I only dilly dallied around because I knew that the shop was opening imminently and I have my eye on a PRS29. Ah well.............snooze and all that! Enjoy your watch!

Crimson Toshi with grey stitch:

"It has to be seen to be believed! "

Smiths Everest PRS 25 36mm V3: Is It Worth The Hype??
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c6dmNrX9ZZE
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    "It has to be seen to be believed! "

Smiths Everest PRS 25 36mm V3: Is It Worth The Hype??
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c6dmNrX9ZZE
    Very good, one of the best looking watches around. I have the original 41mm and its nice but not this nice. Eddie has improved the build quality here by some margin and at the price it's a steal.
    Likewise reading previous post's on this thread I had problems fitting the bracelet to the first version but now its on and will stay there.

Smiths Everest PRS-25 36mm - One Month On
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6-9tJtTeW0

SMITHS PRS 25 EVEREST 40mm version watch review - slightly vintage stunner!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13geIsVtTSc

You will enjoy this. A review of a ten year old watch!

Journeyman
    Old bracelet