closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: <<<< PRS-25 Smiths Everest - Just because....>>>>

<<<< PRS-25 Smiths Everest - Just because....>>>>

....it's such an incredible watch both to wear and to photograph. Although it annoys me greatly that I can't wear it on the bracelet due to the way it increases the overall size, I simply love it on a leather strap. Even though I've worn it every week for over three years I still often find myself staring at the dial, especially the way the plexi distorts the dial and markers.

I've posted these pics taken today for reference material for those considering a purchase or a strap change in the future. I hope they help:

What distortion…? ;-)

Master
    Great photos of a fantastic watch, I too love that mesmerising dial..........

Master
    looks really good on that strap.thanks for putting up the photos,..

Craftsman
    Is that a Toshi strap? It certainly goes very well with the Everest.

I have been trying to make up my mind between an Everest and a Seafire, those pictures are helping to tilt the decision towards an Everest, especially as I have a couple of Toshi straps already that might suit.
    Last edited by smoz; 19th February 2015 at 00:17.

Great strap, though for me it's the opposite: I prefer wearing mine on the bracelet because the lugs start to look reaaallly long on a strap. Plus the bracelet is so well made and suits the watch so well that it's a pleasure to wear.

I've just taken mine out of the watch box in order to try on a nicely aged tan/honey Hirsch Liberty which is temporarily off my Voyager, but I much prefer the darker brown of the TSS Titan.It gives the watch a nice vintage look I think.

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    What distortion…? ;-)
    It's nice dial without distortion.

Totally agree with the above sentiments. I wear mine more than any of my other watches, but always on a Zulu these days. The bracelet has not been on mine for years.
    Mine will be climbing Snowdon with me in the summer!

http://www.limbcare.org/events_snowdon.html

It really looks great on a good leather strap. Here's mine on a Toshi.

But I also like it on rubber:

Great thread! I suspect like a lot of members and visitors here, I regulary ask myself why I don't have one of these great looking watches already! From what I've seen and read its a very high quality and versatile piece. Are there any other pictures on rubber? Not a combination I've seen a lot but it's struck a chord with me.

Just received a couple of Eddie's nato straps that would suit but it'd be great to see other rubber combinations.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by FellBasher View Post
    Great thread! I suspect like a lot of members and visitors here, I regulary ask myself why I don't have one of these great looking watches already! From what I've seen and read its a very high quality and versatile piece. Are there any other pictures on rubber? Not a combination I've seen a lot but it's struck a chord with me.

Just received a couple of Eddie's nato straps that would suit but it'd be great to see other rubber combinations.

Jon
    Nothing on rubber from me Jon but I do wear a whole host of different natos with it and it carries them off beautifully.

Blog Entries
    Smiths Everest (PRS25) by Rabc3, on Flickr

Mine lives on a Toshi - I can't get on with the bracelet either... But it wears so well on leather I don't care!

Rob

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post
    Smiths Everest (PRS25) by Rabc3, on Flickr

Mine lives on a Toshi - I can't get on with the bracelet either... But it wears so well on leather I don't care!

Rob
    That's a superb photo, love the lume shot and partial to a Swiss Army or two.........

Craftsman
    It really is a cracking looking watch. Really like the brown leather combinations - very nice indeed.

Some nato shots....

Master
    Every now and then I put mine on a Eddies Bond nato, the black and grey really give it a whole new look.
    Great photos so far, it's such a versatile watch.

Master
    this arrived today,sold to me by that very nice chap AIDM,got it on the bracelet at the moment,feels and looks good to me but i have an 8inch wrist so that may help.i prefer leather as a rule so might go that route,maybe a hirsch leonado.very much initialy impressed with this watch,fit and finish are excellent.its my first timefactors watch and going by this one i doubt it will be the last.

Does anyone have a Speedbird for comparison?
    I love my Speedbird and have been tempted to add an Everest to my ever growing collection of Smiths watches so any opinions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Does anyone have a Speedbird for comparison?
    I love my Speedbird and have been tempted to add an Everest to my ever growing collection of Smiths watches so any opinions would be appreciated.
    I don't have side by side photos, but the Everest wears quite a bit bigger than the Speedbird.

However, with the Speedbird on its bracelet, the heft that gives it means it 'feels' about the same as wearing the Everest on its bracelet. But the Everest looks bigger.

But, if you take the Everest off it's bracelet, while it still has presence, it's a lot lighter. I'm wearing mine on a Nato for the first time, and it's really comfortable.

That's one of the great things about the Everest: bracelet, leather (I have a Toshi that it looks good on), Nato--they all work really well. It's such a versatile watch.

Maybe this helps:

Thanks guys. I don't know why but I always thought the Everest would be smaller than the Speedbird. How wrong can I be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Thanks guys. I don't know why but I always thought the Everest would be smaller than the Speedbird. How wrong can I be?
    Here's a clip I took comparing the Everest to my Sub - skip to 1:00 for the side by side.

I love mine. And I love it on the bracelet but I've currently got my Seiko SARB017 on a bracelet and, to me, they're similar so I wear the Smiths on leather most of the time. OK, I know there are lots of differences between the Everest and the Alpinist but compared to the rest of my collection they are of similar size and feel.

Sadly I haven't got any many pics of mine - and none that compare to some of the lovely shots above - but here's one...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I love mine. And I love it on the bracelet but I've currently got my Seiko SARB017 on a bracelet and, to me, they're similar so I wear the Smiths on leather most of the time. OK, I know there are lots of differences between the Everest and the Alpinist but compared to the rest of my collection they are of similar size and feel.

Sadly I haven't got any many pics of mine - and none that compare to some of the lovely shots above - but here's one...

That's a great picture, the brown leather really suits it.I had mine on a Hirsch liberty but I've put it on the classic Bond Nato, which gives it a whole new look.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    I had mine on a Hirsch liberty but I've put it on the classic Bond Nato, which gives it a whole new look.
    Put mine on a Bond Nato too this weekend for the first time. Loving it. Forgot how comfortable Natos are, and the Everest looks great on it as well.

I sold my Everest last year & wished I hadnt, so decided to replace it with a new one.

Ordered from Eddie 11.30 yesterday morning & delivered at 9am today.

Great service on what must be one of the best value watches out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    I sold my Everest last year & wished I hadnt, so decided to replace it with a new one. Ordered from Eddie 11.30 yesterday morning & delivered at 9am today. Great service on what must be one of the best value watches out there.
    Tried one of these on at the Manchester GTG, fantastic quality, perfect size and a bargain !

Ordered mine this morning at 06:30 looking forward to getting it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Ordered mine this morning at 06:30 looking forward to getting it
    Unlikely you'll be disappointed.

Hadn't worn mine in a while, but funnily enough I put it on this morning

Stunning watch for the money.

M.

Just because...
    I got a new strap for it...

Master
    got mine on a green leather pavstrap now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    got mine on a green leather pavstrap now
    Nice combination, I sometimes put mine on a green Hirsch terra, it really brings out the green in the dial.

Nice combination, I sometimes put mine on a green Hirsch terra, it really brings out the green in the dial.
    The lume you mean?

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    The lume you mean?

M
    lol, yes that's what he means.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    The lume you mean?

M
    Yes sorry I meant the colour of the superluminova is accentuated by the strap worn.
    Last edited by barryw; 26th February 2015 at 19:16.

Yes sorry I meant the colour of the superluminova is accentuated by the strap worn.
    I was wondering if maybe I'd got a dud with a black dial

M

I've got mine on a TSS Atlas and I love it. I tried it on a Pav but I've realised that I don't like parallel straps, with the exception of natos.

Received mine yesterday and took it off the bracelet straight away, nothing against it but had no time to fiddle about with it, tried it on a black vintager which looked good and then a pretty obvious hirsch liberty in tan then dark brown

I wouldnt say i was bowled over by the watch (i blame everyone on here setting my sights a little too high) but it is very nice and growing on me, accuracy has blown me away and not gained/lost a second so far

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Received mine yesterday and took it off the bracelet straight away, nothing against it but had no time to fiddle about with it, tried it on a black vintager which looked good and then a pretty obvious hirsch liberty in tan then dark brown

I wouldnt say i was bowled over by the watch (i blame everyone on here setting my sights a little too high) but it is very nice and growing on me, accuracy has blown me away and not gained/lost a second so far
    I wasn't blown away initially, but I've found myself going back to it in the rotation more and more. It's very easy to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchuckles View Post
    I wasn't blown away initially, but I've found myself going back to it in the rotation more and more. It's very easy to wear.
    I just got home and it felt good popping it on, it has all the makings of a perfect watch (for me) i am just in the 'getting to know you' stage

There is something very honest about it that appeals

Superb I do like the whole package , looks good on the leather and bracelet.

Master
    But I also like it on rubber:

Which rubber strap is that?

Steve

Not the best photo, but I've just put mine on a fitted rubber & think it looks ok

Quote Originally Posted by ronin View Post

Which rubber strap is that?

Steve
    Bonetto cinturini. I like this one because it isn't a long strap, like a lot of rubber straps are.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Bonetto cinturini. I like this one because it isn't a long strap, like a lot of rubber straps are.
    Thank you Sean.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Nice but too short for me!

Im going to have to pull the trigger on a PRS-25 soon ... it really is a looker.

OP, please do tell the source of the great strap in the first post? TIA.

I had one delivered last week and regretfully had to send it back - beautiful construction, but just too big for my wrist.

It is absolutely made to go on brown, thick leather. I love the simplicity of the design, but I ring true with a couple other opinions here that you could probably afford to recede the minute markers a little and lengthen the minute hand.

Overall, though, one of the best bang-for-buck timepieces money can buy.