closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Road test of the new MX-5

Road test of the new MX-5

A quick heads up if anyone is interested. I was told by a local Mazda dealer yesterday that Richard Hammond will be testing the new MX-5 in the March 8th edition of Top Gear. Apparently whilst the car itself will not be available for purchase until later on in the year, they will be opening the order books after the program has aired.

Can we expect a flurry of s/h models to start appearing on sales corner soon?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    A quick heads up if anyone is interested. I was told by a local Mazda dealer yesterday that Richard Hammond will be testing the new MX-5 in the March 8th edition of Top Gear. Apparently whilst the car itself will not be available for purchase until later on in the year, they will be opening the order books after the program has aired.

Can we expect a flurry of s/h models to start appearing on sales corner soon?
    Thanks for that, looking forward to seeing the test.

I think it's safe to say my '93 Mk1 won't be going anywhere anytime soon though...

Nor my red '92 MK1 which I'm looking forward to driving this summer. Will probably add another few 1000 miles to the 42k on there already!

(Looking at the photo has reminded me that the aluminium bar will have to go TODAY! :) )

Master
    There already are some road tests on Youtube:

Autocar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=780h_oLMdLk
    Auto Express: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpYuWNxZx8c

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Nor my red '92 MK1 which I'm looking forward to driving this summer. Will probably add another few 1000 miles to the 42k on there already!

(Looking at the photo has reminded me that the aluminium bar will have to go TODAY! :) )
    Great looking car! I'll be getting my one owner re 92 Mk1 out soon. Totally original. Very undervalued, but going up now in terms of on road respect. No longer a hairdressers car, but an evolving classic.

Master
    Thanks for the heads up. I have a 2007 Mk3 as my daily and I've been looking forward to taking a drive in the new one and seeing how far it's returned to it's roots. Sounds like it will be a little while before they're with dealers yet though.