closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Harrytech London shoes, anyone has tried them and had any problems? NOW WITH PICS

Master

Harrytech London shoes, anyone has tried them and had any problems? NOW WITH PICS

So I bought a pair from their website as they stated Goodyear welt and all leather construction and looked good on the pics.

The first pair arrived and after a few hours use, the lowermost layer of the sole started to separate.
    I called the and they suggested to send a pic and they would get in touch.

Two days later a called again as no contact or response to my email with the pic and was told a new pair was on its way but no clear instructions of what to do with the first pair.
    I received the second pair and I emailed again, no response.

I have worn the second pair for a couple of days and I thought I noticed today a hairline separation on the heel between two layers of leather so I am tempted to raise a Paypal claim to recover my money as these shoes don't look worth their price at all.

Anyone else had used them or had similar problems ?

Regards, Mario
    Last edited by pulga69; 6th February 2015 at 12:26.

Make sure they are de-laminating and it's not just the sheets of leather spreading.

Remember the sole and particularly the heal block are made from a number of sheets of leather - as you walk the leather will compress and expand / stretch ever so slightly which can make it look like the sole / heel are coming away if one sheet of leather spreads / moves more then the next. This is most noticeable on the lower most sheet on the sole, and the sheet above the rubber heel block, it can also be made worse if you let the leather get saturated.

When you say the first pair the sole was coming away - what was happening to the stitching that was holding the sole to the welt - was it broken?

Master
    The stitching was OK but the sole layer became completely separated from the next layer up all around the edge.
    It just worried me as that had never happened to any of my shoes before.
    Their communication is really poor so it made me feel a bit suspicious of the quality of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by pulga69 View Post
    The stitching was OK but the sole layer became completely separated from the next layer up all around the edge.
    It just worried me as that had never happened to any of my shoes before.
    Their communication is really poor so it made me feel a bit suspicious of the quality of their products.
    To be fair that shouldn't be happening as the sole is still glued in place as well as being stitched - even when the sole has expanded and spread a little (when that happens, when looking from above, it appears the sole is sticking out a mm or two around the shoe), but it's always hard up around the midsole or welt. It sounds like they've either not glued the sole prior to stitching or the glue didn't make it to the edge.

Looking at the website they're not the most expensive of shoes, but still enough to warrant them being of decent quality.

Master
    Chaps

Bitter experience has taught me that shoes take a pounding and it is best to stick with established shoe makers such as Loakes and Church's etc.

Regards

Mick

Master
    Here are a couple of pics so you guys can see what I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Chaps

Bitter experience has taught me that shoes take a pounding and it is best to stick with established shoe makers such as Loakes and Church's etc.

Regards

Mick
    Agreed to an extent (Church is one I'd avoid based on the price rises, cost cutting, and quality of leather used) but the OP has paid a fairly decent chunk of money for these looking at the website - not quite Loake money but not far behind so I'd guess the savings were made based on country of manufacture. That said, it sounds like the OPs first pair were a bit shoddy!

I've never been disappointed with Loake (or Charles Tyrwhitt for that matter - as they're mostly made by Loake) for a basic pair of shoes - especially if picked up in the sales!

Crikey that is bad - for a gap like that I'd be questioning not only whether they'd glued them but also if the stitching between the sole and the welt has even been done!

The leather on the sole doesn't look particularly great either - quite "fibrous" and likely to wear very quickly.

Blog Entries
    These look suspiciously like the shoes at M&S in The Hague I tried on for fun. Same sort of pricing as well.
    The also stated "good year welt" and, more honestly, made in India.

But good year welt is no quality stamp, certainly not if it's done shoddy.
    And as stated above, there's leather, and then there's leather.

I'll stick to my Paraboot, I still have to destroy a pair, but they go on and on........:)

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Blog Entries

These are not FFP.

get your money back

Jim

Master
    I have raised a PP claim, let's see what happens, what is FFP ?

I have raised a PP claim, let's see what happens, what is FFP ?
    Fit for purpose.

Their website is strange. I notice that for the shoes I've looked at, the large price is £10 more than the price in the description.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 8th February 2015 at 21:49.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Fit for purpose.

Their website is strange. I notice that for the shoes I've looked at, the large price is £10 more than the price in the description.
    Of course...

You are very right mate, the more I look at them, the more they are not right

Blog Entries
    Like most these days overpriced garbage and cost being no arbiter of quality my advice get your money back and move on.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Of course...

You are very right mate, the more I look at them, the more they are not right
    Good luck buddy.

They shouldnt say 'no.'

Let us know how you get on.

and this is their address for returns taken from their FAQ:

1 Carlton Parade
    Preston Road,
    Middle Sex 4A98NE

'nuff said!