closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mr Jones Going Upmarket

Mr Jones Going Upmarket

Just had this hit my inbox from Mr Jones Watches. The Indefatigable Sphinx has a Sellita movement and a jump hour module supplied by Christopher Ward. Usually fun watches and very reasonably priced but this is a hefty £2,500, but interesting that Christopher Ward are now supplying their parts to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this too. It's an interesting direction for them, that's for sure. Can't say I'll be buying one but maybe these are interesting times for the British watch industry?

Mr Jones were mentioned in this article at the weekend:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...droidApp_Other
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 1st May 2024 at 17:08.

That dial design doesn't speak to me.
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

I had a CW jumping hour watch when they first came out (under their second logo) cost me about £500 in one of their sales even on retail price I think it was just short of a grand. Mr Jones watches are fun designs and although they usually use a Chinese movement for their watches and the odd Swiss movement still, they were coming in at £2-300 for the Chinese movement ones and about £5-600 for the Swiss ones.

There seems to a change of direction with this one the price seems way OTT for what it is. Aside from the fact that its a struggle to even read the time the whole thing looks a bit of a mess. I just dont see the justification for the price.

I really hope they are not going the way of Anordain.

Looks like it would be difficult to tell the time, which is something I find quite important in a watch.